Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine' - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine'

This is a discussion on Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine' within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; In order to flatten the curve enough to keep from overwhelming the medical institutions, we are looking at about another 35 days of this...possibly more. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine'

In order to flatten the curve enough to keep from overwhelming the medical institutions, we are looking at about another 35 days of this...possibly more.
    I am considered essential personnel so I have to keep working and just be careful. I even have a fancy letter from Corp in case they start roadblocks and such.
    Luckily my masks finally came in, and I have always kept a goodly supply of Clorox wipes for work.

Whole lot of people are essential is seems. Everyone I know is still on the job.
    SGG, stevekozak and T-Man 1066 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Whole lot of people are essential is seems. Everyone I know is still on the job.
    Maybe that's why Trump et al are still predicting "80-160K, maybe 200K, dead with mitigation, with the social distancing guidelines strictly followed...and 1.6 to 2.2Million dead if we dont.
    (Still watching the briefing...)
    Denton likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@Kauboy

I intended to reply fully to your post but after watching Trump's breifing today I find that I cannot. I will say that I think you have a good handle on both possible scenarios, and most would be wise to consider both of them fully.

A few points from the briefing, all paraphrased from Trump, unless otherwise stated.

~The Social Distancing Guidelines are extended to April 30th

~The 'peak' is expected to hit in two weeks, around Easter

~Hopefully by June 1st we'll be through the worst of it and can start to relax the restrictions.

~All the (reworked with current data) models show 1.6-2.2M dead if there is no mitigation; with half of US infected.

~With mitigation - and strict compliance with the Social Distancing Guidelines - models show
    80-160,000, maybe 200,000 dead.

~"Some hospitals have been hoarding their own ventilators, which is bad, when they're needed so desperately in other areas - and this is a really bad thing because they're hoarding them because they might need them later." (Some things I remember verbatim).

~(Talking about the business loans) "
    We're taking warrants in these companies, and this will be great for the American taxpayer to have them brought in, they're really great companies, so there's no downside."

On a personal note - I yield to others to update the forum; there is much I need to attend to here on Peaceful Mountain and all of it is offline. I'll still be in to read & click like (lol) as I can, and those who need to reach me know how and where.

(((hugs to all)))
    See ya on the flip!
    Kauboy and Annie like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Super Moderator

Zombie_Meth_Squirrel says, "You betta nawt come out heeyah!!"

Annie says, "Stay in ya yaad, oar things'll get wicked hahd."
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine'

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    A group of armed vigilantes cut down a tree and dragged it across a man’s driveway in Maine to force him to quarantine in his home amid fears he could be infected with the coronavirus, officials said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maine-cor...bor-quarantine
    If someone put a tree in my driveway, I’d move it with this.

Then I’d pull their front porch off with it. I might even flip their car over too.
    Kauboy, Chiefster23, SGG and 4 others like this.

In state or out of state if anyone stepped a foot on that property uninvited I very much doubt they would have a warm welcome in most places. Personally the outcome would have been less than pleasant if it were me, I'd like to think anyone would be able to sympathize with the poor sod who'd probably see a armed group box him and possible family into a corner.

Nice note launching vials of liquid ass is a good non lethal way to disperse people

https://liquidass.com/
    Kauboy and Michael_Js like this.

Typical response in a little community that your not really part of. My cousin has lived on the outer banks for 40 years and he and his wife are still the f’n Yankees.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Well written. Thank you.
    And Chuck Norris agrees. I do too.
    https://www.westernjournal.com/chuck...doesnt-change/
    Thank you for the link. I knew that guy had a good head on his shoulders.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links