Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?

This is a discussion on Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I had to 'clean mine up'. I had to go to the pharmacy the other day and I look too scary when I 'go to ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?

I had to 'clean mine up'. I had to go to the pharmacy the other day and I look too scary when I 'go to seed'.
    SGG and Slippy like this.
    There’s never a wrong time to do the right thing … there’s never a right time to do the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Beards come and go.. this was after a long sailing trip. Decided to keep it.. well, until earlier this week when I shaved it off. Daughter and wife said I look younger without it. I think I’ll keep it off now...

Side note. That pic was taken in Pensacola at the marina. Great place.
    Pirates need beards. Grow it back.
    SGG, MountainGirl and Piratesailor like this.

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Times were different in the 1960's. When Dad died, he named me the owner of his "estate" to take care of Mom. He meticulously kept records of everything. The house that we grew up in when he bought the Camaro, cost around $10K, the Camaro cost around $3500! I learned from his income taxes that he did not make much money but we lived good. I made more money when I was in my late 20's than he did in his best year. Other than his house, he paid cash. I guess the Camaro was his mid-life crisis purchase. HA!

I only saw the old bastard cry a few times, when my grandparents died and when I graduated college. Don't remember any other times.
    Sounds like a great man, a cool dude.
    Crazy how the world changes, sticker price on my Camaro when it was new was over 10X that amount. Glad I didn't buy it new. Some days I think how cool it would be to go back and experience some of those things. Then I remember my Camaro is faster and safer and more comfortable and yes more reliable... we have it so good.

As far as I can remember I've only seen my dad cry once...when my mom told him she wanted a divorce. I was 9, I went outside to sit with him and I couldn't figure out why he was crying. My mom obviously did not love him, I couldn't figure out why he cared so much for someone who didn't give a shit about him or us kids. For many years, I haven't spoken to either parent.

I still see them every once in a great while, recently at my stepmother's mother's funeral... I look exactly like my dad, beard and all

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I shaved my off a couple of years back just to see what was under there. JESUS! I DISCOVERED I HAD A TURKEY WADDLE UNDER THE FUR! When did that happen? I grew the damned thing right back to hide the extra skin.
    I have had my beard so long I would be scared to look. Hell, I am scared to look with my beard.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 03-28-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Chiefster23 and SGG like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

A lot of you folks are putting me to shame.
    Quite a few scruffy-looking nerf herders on here.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Quite a few real men on here.
    FIFY haha only kidding

"Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

And where's your pic?? Even the walking carpet posted his.
    KUSA likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    And where's your pic?? Even the walking carpet posted his.
    Exactly! He even started this thread and is too chicken to participate properly in it. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Exactly! He even started this thread and is too chicken to participate properly in it. Boo!
    I've participated... but I never asked to see all your ugly mugs. HA!
    Give me another day or two, so it has a chance to show up on camera, lol.
    Michael_Js, KUSA and Prepared One like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links