Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?

This is a discussion on Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm still shaving but I'm seriously overdue for a hair cut with the barber closed....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?

I'm still shaving but I'm seriously overdue for a hair cut with the barber closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Mine is from sheer laziness. I trim but never shave. Save money on razors. I am trying to grow it longer, why not. Don't have to be around anyone in the boss isn't even coming to work.

Hey - that is you in your avatar. Nice
    Nice bike too..and the Camero is sweet.
    But a Ford? Really? LOL j/k (not)
    Michael_Js and SGG like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    You look nice either way! Which takes less work?
    Less work to let it grow and trim it now and then

I'll probably just do that because my wife was very upset that I shaved...

peace, and thank you
    Michael J.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Mine is from sheer laziness. I trim but never shave. Save money on razors. I am trying to grow it longer, why not. Don't have to be around anyone in the boss isn't even coming to work.

Still got the Camaro I see!
    SGG likes this.

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Hey - that is you in your avatar. Nice
    Nice bike too..and the Camero is sweet.
    But a Ford? Really? LOL j/k (not)

Thanks! Camaro*....Maro, if you want to piss off all of the Camaro owners (not me, I kind of want to peel the CA off of the emblem haha!)

That Ford was the biggest POS until I spent about $6,000 on it, teaching myself how to work on vehicles. Now I have skills and a vehicle I can keep running indefinitely. I have over 1,600 pictures of the work I did. I've had all the brands and I will never buy another modern Ford. I absolutely love my little truck though

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Still got the Camaro I see!

What you see is what I will keep. I'm done trading and having car loans.
    That Camaro had been an Enterprise rental for a year then I bought it. Got a killer price, new tires installed, and a warranty thrown in for free. I drive that car harder everyday than it was when it was a rental. Absolutely no problems, I am super impressed with the Camaro.

Thanks! Camaro*....Maro, if you want to piss off all of the Camaro owners (not me, I kind of want to peel the CA off of the emblem haha!)
    I am super impressed with the Camaro.
    I'll never forget my old Dad bought a new 1969 Camaro with the 327 V8 and Factory Hurst Shifter for the manual tranny. I remember it was a 327 because he had me wash and wax the dang car every weekend and the numbers 327 were on the right front fender in chrome. He let me drive it up the street while he sat in the passenger seat but I don't think I every got out of 1st gear. I thought I was Speed Racer!

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'll never forget my old Dad bought a new 1969 Camaro with the 327 V8 and Factory Hurst Shifter for the manual tranny. I remember it was a 327 because he had me wash and wax the dang car every weekend and the numbers 327 were on the right front fender in chrome. He let me drive it up the street while he sat in the passenger seat but I don't think I every got out of 1st gear. I thought I was Speed Racer!
    Best year
    Thats great! My uncle was 15 years older than my dad and always had cool cars, new corvette every year. At Christmas and birthdays, he would give us remote control cars and Hot Wheels etc. He never had children and made a lot of money, my dad supported four children with a wife who didn't work, so we were pretty tight on money, and he wanted but never was able to buy cool cars.

Best year
    Thats great! My uncle was 15 years older than my dad and always had cool cars, new corvette every year. At Christmas and birthdays, he would give us remote control cars and Hot Wheels etc. He never had children and made a lot of money, my dad supported four children with a wife who didn't work, so we were pretty tight on money, and he wanted but never was able to buy cool cars.
    Times were different in the 1960's. When Dad died, he named me the owner of his "estate" to take care of Mom. He meticulously kept records of everything. The house that we grew up in when he bought the Camaro, cost around $10K, the Camaro cost around $3500! I learned from his income taxes that he did not make much money but we lived good. I made more money when I was in my late 20's than he did in his best year. Other than his house, he paid cash. I guess the Camaro was his mid-life crisis purchase. HA!

I only saw the old bastard cry a few times, when my grandparents died and when I graduated college. Don't remember any other times.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I'm gonna have to call Squatch out ... ya see I knew Hot Nursey before he did, due to my business travels, and she sent me this pic to ask my opinion regarding his "hairy fetishes". I'll allow you to comment as well.

Attachment 104787

Oh man.. can’t un-see that... ugh..
    MountainGirl likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Beards come and go.. this was after a long sailing trip. Decided to keep it.. well, until earlier this week when I shaved it off. Daughter and wife said I look younger without it. I think I’ll keep it off now...

Side note. That pic was taken in Pensacola at the marina. Great place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?-e152d386-6ca7-49a4-a9d8-1e9d4d75d214.jpeg  

"Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links