Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard? - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?

This is a discussion on Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl LOL sure ya dont. You and the Mrs would always be welcome on Peaceful Mountain. Attachment 104895 And y'all at Slippy ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: Anybody else workin' on their quarantine beard?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    LOL sure ya dont.
    You and the Mrs would always be welcome on Peaceful Mountain.
    Attachment 104895
    And y'all at Slippy Lodge!
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I’m gonna tell you something sonny. A year ago all I could grow on my face was about what you got. I turned 50 and just like magic, I got hair all over the place. I can’t explain it but reading up about it, this isn’t uncommon. So what I’m sayin is there is still hope for you. You just got to grow up a little more.
    The pic doesn't reveal the greys like I expected, which I guess I'm cool with.
    I've done enough growing up...
    Now I just have to worry about gettin' old.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    The pic doesn't reveal the greys like I expected, which I guess I'm cool with.
    I've done enough growing up...
    Now I just have to worry about gettin' old.
    LOL Tom always says "getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional" and boy howdy hell it's been a treat and a half married to a full-growed teenager!!
    Kauboy, KUSA, A Watchman and 2 others like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    And y'all at Slippy Lodge!
    I know this is a bit off topic but, how does one earn the name “Slippy”?

I heard its an amalgamation of "Slutty Hippy", but he denies this... while blushing.
    KUSA, MountainGirl, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I heard its an amalgamation of "Slutty Hippy", but he denies this... while blushing.
    Excellent question KUSA, you too Kayboy- good guess...

Pull up a comfortable chair and fill your tankards with another strong ale and I'll tell you the sacred story of Slippy...

Ancient Lore has it that the most powerful, righteous and pure of an ancient tribe of warriors...

(Sound of vinyl record scratching....) Just kidding

Here's the truth;

Back when our sons were young in the early/mid 1990's we had some stupid video game that some of you may remember called Star Fox. There was a bunch of cool characters in this video game; Fox, Falco, Pippy and Slippy.

We would play the game as a family, so each of us had a character that we would choose; Fox and Falco were the cool characters so our Sons, quickly chose them to be their adopted avatars, there was a rabbit named Pippy and Mrs S was assigned that character when she played and the last character was Slippy Toad...assigned to me by our sons who would laugh and thought that was hilarious.

They grew out of the video game but I could always get a laugh out of the family by referring to myself as "Slippy"

If waiting for a table at a restaurant, the name I gave the hostess was Slippy; If we ordered Chinese Take Out, Slippy was the name etc etc. Anywhere a name was needed for a mundane service, I used the name Slippy and everyone in the family thought that was funny.

Then when I joined the PrepperForumm it was the first forum I ever joined so i seemed natural to use the name Slippy! That's the story!

PS I use the Australian Cattle Dog Avatar because we own an ACD and I like the artist George Rodrigue who made the Blue Dog famous.

Likely as a result of something illegal or underhanded, huh?
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Here's the truth;

Back when our sons were young in the early/mid 1990's we had some stupid video game that some of you may remember called Star Fox. There was a bunch of cool characters in this video game; Fox, Falco, Pippy and Slippy.

We would play the game as a family, so each of us had a character that we would choose; Fox and Falco were the cool characters so our Sons, quickly chose them to be their adopted avatars, there was a rabbit named Pippy and Mrs S was assigned that character when she played and the last character was Slippy Toad...assigned to me by our sons who would laugh and thought that was hilarious.
    Prove it...

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

Friendly internet easter egg: Go to Google.com and type in "do a barrel roll" into the search bar... hit enter... enjoy
    Last edited by Kauboy; 03-31-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    Slippy and Michael_Js like this.

Excellent question KUSA, you too Kayboy- good guess...

Pull up a comfortable chair and fill your tankards with another strong ale and I'll tell you the sacred story of Slippy...

Ancient Lore has it that the most powerful, righteous and pure of an ancient tribe of warriors...

(Sound of vinyl record scratching....) Just kidding

Here's the truth;

They grew out of the video game but I could always get a laugh out of the family by referring to myself as "Slippy"

If waiting for a table at a restaurant, the name I gave the hostess was Slippy; If we ordered Chinese Take Out, Slippy was the name etc etc. Anywhere a name was needed for a mundane service, I used the name Slippy and everyone in the family thought that was funny.

Then when I joined the PrepperForumm it was the first forum I ever joined so i seemed natural to use the name Slippy! That's the story!

PS I use the Australian Cattle Dog Avatar because we own an ACD and I like the artist George Rodrigue who made the Blue Dog famous.
    Oh...thank you so much for sharing the true story!!

Now I can finally give up thinking all along that it had to have something to do with the ease and frequency of your utilizing the Pikes!!
    Slippy, KUSA, Michael_Js and 1 others like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

I use my trimmer once a week or so...
    Michael_Js likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links