"Stay at Home" Orders are Unconstitutional - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Stay at Home" Orders are Unconstitutional

This is a discussion on "Stay at Home" Orders are Unconstitutional within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy The order comes down "You must turn in your guns, for the good of all". Whatcha gonna do? Constitutionally ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: "Stay at Home" Orders are Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The order comes down "You must turn in your guns, for the good of all".
    Whatcha gonna do? Constitutionally protected rights a little more in focus now?
    This is not situation at hand that is a whole other topic.

What if aliens come down and put a probe in your ass ? Different topic all together
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Whether we're talkin guns or covid - nature has a way of weaning out the stupid.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

I'm not following direction, I'm protecting my wife and my own health. The government can tell me what they want, we'll decipher if we accept their position or not. In this case staying home makes sense for the good of us & the general population. If they told us to get out and mingle in public with crowds - I'd still make a decision on what's best for us.

Nothing has changed here at our castle other than there is a bad bug out there and we aren't mixing it up with anybody. Nobody has infringed upon our rights and even if they did, we'd still go our own way...……….
    Hidden Content
    Hunter | Adventurer | Writer | Conservationist

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post

What if aliens come down and put a probe in your ass ? Different topic all together
    Excellent question for the community. Please note that our good man @KUSA has, in another thread, broached the subject of extemporanus insemination.

"Discuss..."
    KUSA, RubberDuck and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The order comes down "You must turn in your guns, for the good of all".
    Whatcha gonna do? Constitutionally protected rights a little more in focus now?
    That's a good analogy.
    We have the God given right to bear arms - but that doesn't mean we're gonna shoot up congress no matter how tempting.
    We have the Constitutional right to peacefully assemble - but that doesn't mean we're gonna go to a covid BBQ.
    The more restrictions that are put on people - the less personal responsibility they have to take.
    Doesn't take the gov to tell us what the right thing to do is.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 03-27-2020 at 07:27 PM.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    This is not situation at hand that is a whole other topic.

No it's not.
    We are talking about rights.
    How many do YOU want to give up?

I personally will not voluntarily give up ANY.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Actually, I "self isolate" every day as a routine matter of course.
    I have for at least 30 years.

I really, really dislike being around people.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

On Jan 2, 1968, I swore an oath that said, among other things, that I would "protect and defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC"
    I have never been relieved of that.

So, when some turd political tyrant DEMANDS I stay in my house, I get a little bent out of shape.
    And just might REFUSE to do so.
    On general principle.
    Chiefster23 and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Ok. So lets all demand our constitutional rights and assemble in groups, go to church, and travel where ever and when ever we please. Then a lot more of us will get sick and some of us will die much sooner than we otherwise would. Some of us will infect others and cause their premature deaths. So yep! These instructions are unconstitutional, but they sure sound like common sense to me.

And before you give me the “give me liberty or give me death” argument, consider this. Would you be willing to accept quarantine and travel restrictions if the virus had a 100% mortality rate? How about a 50% rate? What would be your cutoff? I’m not advocating one way or the other. Just throwing this out there as food for thought.

I still would not support the Govt from imposing restrictions. I Like how they are RECOMMENDING restrictions, and I think most people are following them.

The second amendment is for enforcing them.

Wait till the government puts signs on your doors saying you have COVID19.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links