Who is working
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Who is working

This is a discussion on Who is working within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Of those here, your family members that would normally be working are still on the job. I am retired, wife retires in June she is ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Who is working

Who is working

Of those here, your family members that would normally be working are still on the job. I am retired, wife retires in June she is still at work. Both sons deployed with Army that counts as work. Daughter works at our church school shut down by Governor. She still goes in on her own and takes care of things when needed. Son in law on the job working over time. Daughter in law on the job working over time.
    Slippy, Denton, bigwheel and 2 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

My company has received 3 letters designating us as critical / essential to keeping the local gas & oil flowing.

front door is locked at all office and we are not doing any overnight trips for service.. UPS and FEDEX knock and are let in

we are working - between youtube videos, facebook, and prepperforums...lol
    Be a Berean

Painted 1/4 of the inside of the barn the other day, nice exterior latex left over from the house trim of 8 years ago. The paint was still good surprisingly and I have another section to finish next week.

Cleaned and Organized the Shop this am and mowed the front yard before lunch...(only takes about 10 minutes to mow the front lawn grass by design! )...but bush hoggin' is a 2 day event... but thankfully still a couple of weeks from that.

Bought and sold some stocks the last 2 weeks and lost a Consulting gig due to the chicom virus. But other than that just lovin' life!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Been out for a couple of weeks. Not due to the KungFlu but because I tried to rival Evil Knievel in body damage down through the decades.
    Going back to work, tomorrow.
    The Army deemed us to be mission essential. That means even if the governor declares a stay at home scene, we still go to work. Ha!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I'm retired but my husband is still working. He's a diesel mechanic for King County, Washington's public transit division. All three of my daughters are working from home, completely different industries. Both my sons-in-law are still working, as is my youngest daughter's boyfriend. I think even my granddaughter is still working, although that bothers me because she works in an assisted living facility in the dining room/kitchen.
    Denton, Smitty901, Slippy and 2 others like this.

So at least from this small snap shot no one is coming up short of a paycheck ...yet.
    Denton likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    So at least from this small snap shot no one is coming up short of a paycheck ...yet.
    Not in my nuclear family.

The Good Cop

Retired for 4 years now, but still work part time to supplement our income.
    I work Mon, Tue, Wed delivering auto parts. Three on - four off, ALMOST like being retired.

In Florida, bars are closed, restaurant dine-in areas are closed, schools libraries, etc. Any place that would usually hold more than 10 people. Ten people is the dividing line.
    Anyone who can work from home is encouraged to do so.
    Many businesses are still open.
    Slippy and Inor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Retired 15 years ago, but still work 8-12 hours a week in my shop on customer stuff.

Daughter does not work, nothing has changed here.

Even more of the state is now shutting down.

Schools are closed until the end of April, was 14 days before.

Hundred and nineteen cases in our county, 700+ east of us in next county.

Half of those 119 are in the city I go to, keeping the hell out of there.

All doctor appointments are canceled, hospitals have tents set up in their parking lots for triage

and for Covid-9 testing.
    Slippy likes this.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have 5-6 weeks worth of cabinet-making to get done and my shop is in my basement.
    Almost an acre lot with 27, 20' tall Leyland Cypress that forms a green wall around the back property.
    Campfire pit is out back that I use 2-3 nights per week both for relaxation and cooking.
    The grocery store I use is 1 mile away.
    The gas station is 1/4 mile away.
    I am pretty much of a semi-hermit anyway so, not much has changed for me.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links