Who is working - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Who is working

This is a discussion on Who is working within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm a "virtual" employee in software development. I can work from anywhere in the world. Our business is almost entirely digital, so we have carried ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Who is working

I'm a "virtual" employee in software development. I can work from anywhere in the world. Our business is almost entirely digital, so we have carried on as usual. Our entire workforce has converted to remote for now, but we haven't slowed down any.
    I'm curious to see if this leads to a new corporate policy of working from home for more folks.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Hubs is working from home for now. I'm getting a glimpse of what life will be like when he retires. He may need an extra hobby or two just so he's not following me around the house too much. hehehe!
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I'm a "virtual" employee in software development. I can work from anywhere in the world. Our business is almost entirely digital, so we have carried on as usual. Our entire workforce has converted to remote for now, but we haven't slowed down any.
    I'm curious to see if this leads to a new corporate policy of working from home for more folks.
    Bet surely so. Wont be as many suits flying off to have face to face meetings. the telemedicine angle is supposed to revolutionize primary medical care.
    Denton, MountainGirl and Kauboy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have been self-employed in the software business for the last 23 years. Business has slowed a little bit, but for now I have as much work as I want. Financially, I have done well over the years, so if it slows to nothing Mrs Inor and I will still be fine.

Most of the extra free time I have is being taken up doing a lot of physical work around the homestead. (Making concrete panels for gardens, gathering and cutting firewood, some excavating, etc.) So in the end, I am having the time of my life with my unexpected Coronacation.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

In case y'all were wondering about Mrs Slippy, mean ol' woman ain't been able to hold a dang job since 1991!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    In case y'all were wondering about Mrs Slippy, mean ol' woman ain't been able to hold a dang job since 1991!
    Dames... Skirts... Broads... Mugamba... Mrs Inor is in the same boat. She got thrown out of the workforce in '97.
    A Watchman, Slippy and Michael_Js like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

My wife has 2 jobs. Her primary job working as a lab tech doing Spectro-analysis, measuring elements in samples, sent her home yesterday with "busy work". Her university is closed and she is now entering old lab data online Her weekend job at a food store now has reduced hours for which I am grateful. Been suggesting that she gave that job up for years.

I've missed the last week being sick but expect to be working hard next week.

I suspect that in 2-6 months her work will be keeping her busy but my work will leave me looking for ways to save money.
    Last edited by Elvis; 03-26-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    Inor and Michael_Js like this.

I am in the wastewater/water business and work with Engineering, the cities, and counties, so I am working. My wife is in the oil and gas industry so she is working. Both are considered critical infrastructure services. I am not getting much face to face time but plenty of calls and work and I have several projects that are ongoing. My wife's business has slowed a bit because of gas prices but the Chemical refineries are still blowing and going so she is busy.
    Michael_Js and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The Mrs and I are both still working.

She does mobile xray and is checked for temp at each nursing home she goes to.

I'm a network admin for a small university. Campus is virtually shut down except 1 or 2 buildings. I can work from anywhere as ling as I have internet access. All classes moved to online only.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Most of what I do can be done from my study here at home, quotes, proposals, and webinars. I am in sales so face time is always preferable and necessary as well as job site visits, but most of the paper pushing and computer work can be done form home. Of coarse, my owner is of the mind that I can do my paper pushing and computer work in my spare time, of which apparently, I have plenty of.

I see a lot of streamlining coming our way. We let two salesmen go yesterday. Partly because they weren't' getting it done and partly because of this bug thing and what it's doing to the economy. Guess who picks up the slack?
    Michael_Js and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links