Who is working - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Who is working

This is a discussion on Who is working within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Got the boat almost ready so work is about done. Few projects around the house next couple weeks to finish off. Then gone fishin. Wife ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Who is working

Got the boat almost ready so work is about done. Few projects around the house next couple weeks to finish off. Then gone fishin.

Wife just started working from home so a little weapons refresher and she can be on guard. If she doesn't take everything down to her family.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    My wife is working 12 hour days now, I’m retired but about going back, fortunately construction is still going strong here so I have opportunities....
    Denton, Annie and Slippy like this.

SGG

My girlfriend and I are both working. County is currently under a lockdown for a month but we are both labeled essential. I am maintenance for a company with residential and Commercial properties. We don't have anyone in the office, she is working from home. So far I have been working on an empty house we are remodeling, and exterior jobs at the apartments and Shop. So I really don't have to come into contact with anyone which is great.
    My girlfriend works in Central Services at an Orthopedic Institute that is part of our University Hospital. She sterilizes surgical instruments and packs the trays for the doctors. As of right now she is still working, but she will be out of work soon. Then, they will be transferred if the workload is great enough to the University Hospital. Kind of a complicated deal but they will put out of work employees in a pool and rotate names. When she's not working they are paying up to 30 days. She just cashed out her 401K from her last job before all this hit, we are very thankful for that. Girlfriend paid off some debt and has money leftover to save, good Security in times like this.

We work hard and have nice things, thankfully we have both developed skills that will keep us working and pay us in times like these.

One of my brothers has been laid off or they've reduced his hours, he wasn't clear. One of my buddies buddy has been laid off I've heard. My state is pretty far behind as far as infections go, seems like almost everyone is still working here, I haven't really heard about anyone being laid off.
    Last edited by SGG; 03-26-2020 at 01:20 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My wife and I are both working. I work in the medical design/manufacturing field and we are mostly all working from home. We do local manufacturing and shipping, and those groups are still going into work - considered essential (AEDs, Ultrasound machines).

My wife works from home anyway - online media, online social, web design, photography. The biggest thing she's bummed about is that the local animal shelter canceled all volunteers from coming in. That made her depressed...her work load might slow down a bit, but I am confident mine will continue...

Peace,
    Michael J.
    SGG, Denton and Slippy like this.

Shit down by Governor Wolfe and the Pa Department of Health.
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I work in engineering/construction.
    My wife works as a surgical technician in the OR at a local hospital.
    We are both essential workers in essential workplaces.
    Denton, Inor, Slippy and 3 others like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I’m working as much as I can. Sales are slow now.
    Denton, Slippy and SGG like this.

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    I am still working. Head CNC machinist at a shop building equipment for packaging / automation. Unfortunately around people all day long. 50+ hrs / week. I would likely be the last person to get cut if / when we slow down.
    Denton, Slippy, stevekozak and 1 others like this.

After having retired from the Police Department I am actually still taking an inmate litter crew out from our county jail. I vehemently insulate them from people. Today we worked away from others. My wife is on vacation but will return to her job at a super store. We are working our butts off.
    Denton, Slippy and Michael_Js like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Of those here, your family members that would normally be working are still on the job. I am retired, wife retires in June she is still at work. Both sons deployed with Army that counts as work. Daughter works at our church school shut down by Governor. She still goes in on her own and takes care of things when needed. Son in law on the job working over time. Daughter in law on the job working over time.
    Well lets see..most of my kin are in jobs that prosper when bad old deals come up. Nursie daughter.Baby boy and his squeeze in the private security field. Four grandkids in that also...one fly boy..one Coastie..and one cop. lol. Now the baby boy is involved with helping guard high explosive Fracking operations..so now he might have to go back to pounding a beat or whatever they do. lol. Twenty buck a barrell oil dont agree with fracking. The oldest boy his a wholesale food salesman making a tub of money till this stuff came up. Now hes concerned with all his faithful customers being in lock down. Its very sad. The Coastie grandson just texted to say his wife the blue water navy lady has her ship being handled for corona virus on board. Prayers said.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 03-26-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links