Coronavirus Reality Check. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coronavirus Reality Check.

This is a discussion on Coronavirus Reality Check. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I take it seriously because my wife and I are "essential employees". We have to work and I am blessed to do so. If we ...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Coronavirus Reality Check.

I take it seriously because my wife and I are "essential employees". We have to work and I am blessed to do so. If we get it, we get it. We will take it one day at a time.
    Denton, Prepared One and Annie like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The 15 days to flatten the curve announced on March 16th we are now 10 days into the 16. all of the curve charts for every state and the US combined are still vertical. With cases doubling roughly every 3 days.

It depends on your consideration as to what is worth while. We are on a path right now, that can not be altered to 500,000 plus to 3M deaths.

That seams important.

Even using your percentage of, "that works out to a 0.014% chance of dying from this" at 50% infection rate that is 2,314,000 deaths by June.
    Denton likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Alteredstate View Post
    The 15 days to flatten the curve announced on March 16th we are now 10 days into the 16. all of the curve charts for every state and the US combined are still vertical. With cases doubling roughly every 3 days.

It depends on your consideration as to what is worth while. We are on a path right now, that can not be altered to 500,000 plus to 3M deaths.

That seams important.

Even using your percentage of, "that works out to a 0.014% chance of dying from this" at 50% infection rate that is 2,314,000 deaths by June.
    Nope. I'm not buying that many deaths.
    And I'm not worried, either.
    None of the vets I know personally are, either.
    Maybe we just have a fatalistic attitude, I don't know.
    Denton and Limit Killer like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Nope. I'm not buying that many deaths.
    And I'm not worried, either.
    None of the vets I know personally are, either.
    Maybe we just have a fatalistic attitude, I don't know.
    This vet is concerned. So is my father. So are those at work.

Worried isn't the word that we use. Aware and taking appropriate action is more like it.
    Mish and Annie like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Time will show the numbers,

I also do not believe the deaths will reach millions,

If I was at the table I would lay money on 150,000

I will not be daring and place my family in un necessary risk to a completely un known, and we are taking precautions.

The medical system is over whelmed, if you are one of the 15% of infected who need medical care, being locked in a gymnasium, with 200 dying people for 20 days with no visitors does not look inviting.
    Denton likes this.

Good thing this 'curve' everyone wants to flatten doesn't have mass; diminished height would just extend duration.
    Not like it's going away anyway.
    Denton, Prepared One and 0rocky like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

I feel certain that the governments of the world have and will continue to lie about this virus in one way or another. They can't afford to go full disclosure! What bothers me most is the Democrats talking about a piece of legislature that will save everyone... No specifics but once passed the virus will go away. Sounds like the virus is afraid of legal papers. Makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. JMO
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Good thing this 'curve' everyone wants to flatten doesn't have mass; diminished height would just extend duration.
    Not like it's going away anyway.
    That's what I was wondering.

Let's say you hunker down for three weeks. What, then?
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    That's what I was wondering.

Let's say you hunker down for three weeks. What, then?
    Then you go back out into the community, with everyone else that's coming back out, and catch the crud from someone who caught it recently and was asymptomatic, and then you share it with everyone else as they share it with everyone else and only a few get symptoms but of course that's only the flu because this three week lockdown destroyed ALL the CoVid. Right?

Right.
    Denton, prepster5 and Limit Killer like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Then you go back out into the community, with everyone else that's coming back out, and catch the crud from someone who caught it recently and was asymptomatic, and then you share it with everyone else as they share it with everyone else and only a few get symptoms but of course that's only the flu because this three week lockdown destroyed ALL the CoVid. Right?

Right.
    Right. If not all, then nothing. Anything else is just to slow it so that the hospitals can keep up.
    prepster5 likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links