Schooling/training
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Schooling/training

This is a discussion on Schooling/training within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Is there a thread on this site, or anywhere else, that might tell of survival/prepper schools in every state? I can read books, but sometimes ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Schooling/training

Schooling/training

Is there a thread on this site, or anywhere else, that might tell of survival/prepper schools in every state? I can read books, but sometimes I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or right. The Arkansas Game and Fish sometimes have outdoor skills classes, but most are the opposite part of the state from me. I'm not even sure of any place that teaches decent gun training!

Quote Originally Posted by rmcmurry View Post
    Is there a thread on this site, or anywhere else, that might tell of survival/prepper schools in every state? I can read books, but sometimes I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or right. The Arkansas Game and Fish sometimes have outdoor skills classes, but most are the opposite part of the state from me. I'm not even sure of any place that teaches decent gun training!
    As far as Survival School, I know we have a bunch of combat veterans who can tell you how they earned their degrees from Uncle Sam University...

Any vet who has been through SERE school can teach you more than any of us will ever know. (Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape school). There are a plethora of private marksmanship classes for every weapons system. Gunsite, Tactical Reponse etc. As for basic survival skills you tube is actually awesome. Look for Outdoor Gear Review. Luke is a dweeb but very, very good.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

All the veterans of AST, BUDS,DWEST, JEST, SAR, SERE & Scout Sniper School, etc.. can pass along are History. As much as those Veterans wish, you can only expect to learn the History that others have learned & earned in Blood to adapt & overcome. It's still going to be up to you to implement whatever training you seek/receive into an actual paradigm. Nothing in the actual World matches things learned in the schoolhouse, lessons learned in the actual world are attempted to be recreated in a schoolhouse. JMHO.

Maybe just ask your grandparents/parents if they are still around. That's who taught me, didn't cost a thing.
    Swimmer1 likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Maybe just ask your grandparents/parents if they are still around. That's who taught me, didn't cost a thing.
    About those adversaries your Grandparents faced!

Want to face today's Warriors on a Battlefield in Life or Death Compition?
    csi-tech and csi-tech like this.

I have gleaned a great deal from my friends who went through TEES (tactical explosive entry school) in Mississippi and the EOD types who graduated from Redstone Arsenal down in Alabama. They have a whole lot more than history to offer. A great deal of practical experience and knowledge too. My philosophy has always been take what you have learned and pass that knowledge on to others, especially your brothers. You should never stop learning.
    Swimmer1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    About those adversaries your Grandparents faced!

Want to face today's Warriors on a Battlefield in Life or Death Compition?
    Nobody wants to fight. They just want to be as prepared as they can be if it is forced upon them.

Banned

All I can pass to you is the failures I have experienced. Are you capable of learning from my failures? You ain't going to be able to equal or surpass what once was my physical ability. So failing at this requirement, how are you going to better those that came before you? How do you really expect to outperform your betters?
    csi-tech likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    All I can pass to you is the failures I have experienced. Are you capable of learning from my failures? You ain't going to be able to equal or surpass what once was my physical ability. So failing at this requirement, how are you going to better those that came before you? How do you really expect to outperform your betters?
    I worked with Seal Team II out of Little creek Naval Amphibious base in Dam Neck, I worked with Marine Force Recon on Marg 2-85 and Marg 2-88, I helped train Air Force Para Rescue during Deck Landing Qualifications, Task Force 160 in a real world operation when they delivered Delta Force for insertion to a.....hijacked asset and Maybe Seal Team 6 (They carried stainless smith and Wesson revolvers) in the Eastern Med still not a hundred percent sure on that one.
    I can say for sure that these guys took their oaths very seriously. They were members of the silent service. They were not braggarts challenging people to fights. These were great men doing an awful job. Thank You for your service. I can't "better those who came before me" none of us can, we can only hope to be worthy of their sacrifice. I would personally love to learn from your experience, we all would.
    Denton and rice paddy daddy like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links