Schooling/training - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Schooling/training

This is a discussion on Schooling/training within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by csi-tech I worked with Seal Team II out of Little creek Naval Amphibious base in Dam Neck, I worked with Marine Force ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Schooling/training

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I worked with Seal Team II out of Little creek Naval Amphibious base in Dam Neck, I worked with Marine Force Recon on Marg 2-85 and Marg 2-88, I helped train Air Force Para Rescue during Deck Landing Qualifications, Task Force 160 in a real world operation when they delivered Delta Force for insertion to a.....hijacked asset and Maybe Seal Team 6 (They carried stainless smith and Wesson revolvers) in the Eastern Med still not a hundred percent sure on that one.
    I can say for sure that these guys took their oaths very seriously. They were members of the silent service. They were not braggarts challenging people to fights. These were great men doing an awful job. Thank You for your service. I can't "better those who came before me" none of us can, we can only hope to be worthy of their sacrifice. I would personally love to learn from your experience, we all would.
    Never served with those folks.
    Ain't ever going to tell you what I did.
    Get over it want to be.........

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    Never served with those folks.
    Ain't ever going to tell you what I did.
    Get over it want to be.........
    OK, you are about to be in need of a new internet home from which to brag and be the tough guy.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    OK, you are about to be in need of a new internet home from which to brag and be the tough guy.
    Ain't a tough guy, perhaps the folks that served with those folks were tough guys.
    I'm over 60 years old and served with the folks I served with. If they ain't known tough guy's I ain't going to be a known tough guy. JMHO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Ain't a tough guy, perhaps the folks that served with those folks were tough guys.
    I'm over 60 years old and served with the folks I served with. If they ain't known tough guy's I ain't going to be a known tough guy. JMHO.
    Well, this isn't a "JMHO" but a fact. You came into this thread and offered nothing but how tough and bad you are. Nothing. I am beginning to think you are nothing but a troll.
    Guess what happens to trolls, drunk or not.
    Go to bed and sleep it off.
    Swimmer1 likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Banned

Well, this isn't a "JMHO" but a fact. You came into this thread and offered nothing but how tough and bad you are. Nothing. I am beginning to think you are nothing but a troll.
    Guess what happens to trolls, drunk or not.
    Go to bed and sleep it off.
    Didn't say how bad I was, But I do hold a USMC secondary MOS that isn't recognized by the USN. So once we match DD214's mine holds a reference to USMC Secondary MOS to 8541 which is not recognized by the USN. But that's so Old that most folks wouldn't recognise it. But US Army folks might have Senior Sniper documented on thier DD214's. So if you got it, can we call it even? Or do we we need to have a shoot off at the Red Cloud Range at Fort Stewart?

Super Moderator

Didn't say how bad I was, But I do hold a USMC secondary MOS that isn't recognized by the USN. So once we match DD214's mine holds a reference to USMC Secondary MOS to 8541 which is not recognized by the USN. But that's so Old that most folks wouldn't recognise it. But US Army folks might have Senior Sniper documented on thier DD214's. So if you got it, can we call it even? Or do we we need to have a shoot off at the Red Cloud Range at Fort Stewart?
    Yeah, and you know most people (including me) don't have time to entertain you.

Again, this has nothing to do with the thread, does it? Again, you are just bragging, assuming you're telling the truth.
    Tell you what. It's clear you are a waste of time, as most braggarts are. You not only add no value but you troll. For these reasons, you've been chopped.
    SGG, rice paddy daddy and Kauboy like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Yeah, and you know most people (including me) don't have time to entertain you.

Again, this has nothing to do with the thread, does it? Again, you are just bragging, assuming you're telling the truth.
    Tell you what. It's clear you are a waste of time, as most braggarts are. You not only add no value but you troll. For these reasons, you've been chopped.
    Thank you.

God, I hate posers.
    They steal the valor others have died for.
    SGG, Denton, Kauboy and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I've found some valuable basic instruction in our local CERT program (Community Emergency Response Team). More and more small and rural communities are developing teams (check with your Fire Marshal). The training is standardized (21 classroom hours - free) and covers the basics of disaster medical response, hazmat handling, fire control, search and rescue, terrorist response and disaster psychology. They get a bit into emergency radio as a method of coordinating responses to the other areas of training. As free training goes, you get a lot of info for your time. You build a relationship with local people with a preparedness mindset and get an inside view of how your local police, fire and medical pro's will respond to a crisis. Whether you use the knowledge and training to benefit yourself, your family or your community, it goes a long way in helping you put together informed technical tactical survival kits for a range of SHTF scenarios.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    I've found some valuable basic instruction in our local CERT program (Community Emergency Response Team). More and more small and rural communities are developing teams (check with your Fire Marshal). The training is standardized (21 classroom hours - free) and covers the basics of disaster medical response, hazmat handling, fire control, search and rescue, terrorist response and disaster psychology. They get a bit into emergency radio as a method of coordinating responses to the other areas of training. As free training goes, you get a lot of info for your time. You build a relationship with local people with a preparedness mindset and get an inside view of how your local police, fire and medical pro's will respond to a crisis. Whether you use the knowledge and training to benefit yourself, your family or your community, it goes a long way in helping you put together informed technical tactical survival kits for a range of SHTF scenarios.
    I enjoyed the CERT training I took last year. Never went past though to connect to local fire because our local city doesn't do CERT. I had to go to the county to have it taught. No big deal. Just means I don't get called up in case of an emergency. My wife is always on social media and we are always in touch with our immediate neighbors asking if they need anything...other than firepower (everyone shoots around here), they don't know our preps...

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Denton likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    One of the younger members of our American Legion Post is working with the county Emergency Management Department to bring the CERT classes to us.
    He is also working with the same department to get a team of our members certified for search and rescue.

Our county is small and resources are limited compared to the bigger Florida counties.
    I'm too old for search and rescue, but I'm looking forward to the CERT training.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links