Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy

This is a discussion on Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton Yup, you are a drunk. You think you are the only one who served but seems rice paddy daddy done called ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Yup, you are a drunk. You think you are the only one who served but seems rice paddy daddy done called you out on one point of your story. That makes your entire story questionable.
    I don't need to meet you. You family history has nothing to do with anything, either. My family's military history goes back to the War of Northern Aggression. Read Charlie Beckwith's book and you'll see my uncle spoken about in it. UDT who served in Vietnam? One was a supervisor of mine. 160th? I know plenty of them. Hell, I knew a man who operated a flamethrower in the Pacific Theater in WWII. Physically, he survived, but the burning, screaming Japs haunted his dreams whenever he tried to sleep.

What am I saying? You are an icon in your own mind. The people to whom I've referred? They are different. They don't take to the internet to beat their chests.

Assuming, of course, that your faux pas with the Phoenix Program wasn't an indication that you are a case of stolen valor and not a confused drunk.
    Assuming that you and RPD have never stepped foot on ground I've taken or hold, so if you actually what to make an ass out of you or me? RPD hasn't made that challenge. Are you sure you don't want to converse with him prior to challenging me? When it comes to the UDT, you are so out of your element that I refuse to embarrassment you on your own network. But if you wish, I shall do it by your own hand.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    Assuming that you and RPD have never stepped foot on ground I've taken or hold, so if you actually what to make an ass out of you or me? RPD hasn't made that challenge. Are you sure you don't want to converse with him prior to challenging me? When it comes to the UDT, you are so out of your element that I refuse to embarrassment you on your own network. But if you wish, I shall do it by your own hand.
    You do nothing but brag and try to fight. You respond to nothing.

Never said I was UDT, in case you haven't bothered to focus enough to notice.

I don't care if you were UDT or just read about it. You are doing nothing but embarrassing yourself.
    rice paddy daddy and inceptor like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Sigh.
    Denton, my friend, this alleged warrior is not worth our time.
    It is 12:00 AM Eastern, I’m tired, going to bed.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Sigh.
    Denton, my friend, this alleged warrior is not worth our time.
    It is 12:00 AM Eastern, I’m tired, going to bed.
    Good night.

I'll not go to bed until I put it to rest. He might not be here in the morning.
    inceptor likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by OrneryOldBat View Post
    I'd role play it this way.

Numbers of infected climb exponentially over the next 3 weeks with a huge balloon when testing actually gets up and running. Then, the curve flattens for awhile as a result of the shut down. Maybe we get it isolated to a few hot spots, but unlikely. People go back to work and start buying things again and economy picks back up for awhile, then infections start to pick up with more stay at home, etc. Meanwhile, if we've finally have tests, masks, gloves and vents available, then we do a slow burn off and on for the next year or two. Because of the lack of PPE at the beginning, healthcare workers infected early in the curve start coming back with some immunity. It flares up periodically until we have a vaccine. Recession drags on for a couple of years, then back to business as usual, nothing learned by most people, but meanwhile, politicians have used the pandemic to grab some more power and loot. Lots of deaths. Lots of small businesses down the toilet.

I think we're going to end up with real socialized healthcare at the end of this, not the sketchy attempt at it that is Obamacare. All it will take is a critical mass of people touched by a medical-bill driven bankruptcy. I say this because mostly when people get laid off they lose their healthcare insurance (if they had any). And, because not many people have the kind of insurance that lets you walk away from 10 days in the ICU with anything but maybe your life. Lucky folks will be insured via a spouse or parent, but the insurance companies (which will likely get a bailout) will still screw them over in any way they can get away with. It won't matter that some countries national health is a shit show. They will point to countries where it was a success. The tipping point for healthcare reform has happened twice in my lifetime and both times it was triggered by insurance companies screwing over enough people to create a popular desire to string them up.

tl;dr we're in the for the long haul
    that's the scariest thing i've read today...
    stopped reading the news today...
    I've been so busy... I stopped going home this weekend... I've been exposed to over 20 positive pts...
    a bunch of my coworkers are now sick and out...
    they are telling us at the rate that we're getting sick... they may ask us to come back and work with a mask.. if we can tolerate it..
    Even though I've been exposed to several 'high risk exposures' i have no symptoms... still feel fine.. so they wont test me..
    not enough tests ...
    we're running out of gloves.. masks.. and gowns... drugs.. and sanitizing wipes...
    seems like every state is competing with each other for the same stuff... and the squeaky wheels (nyc, chicago, wash, cali, dc) wil lget all the national reserve stockpiles..
    the number of sick keep accelerating...
    Im not sure how much longer we can keep treating everyone...
    in 2 weeks.. they may ask us to care for patients without protective equipment...
    I knew I was going to get sick... .but I hope by then I'm not too worn down...
    i'm gonna go to sleep.. I gotta be up in 5 hours...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    I've been so busy... I stopped going home this weekend... I've been exposed to over 20 positive pts...
    they are telling us at the rate that we're getting sick... they may ask us to come back and work with a mask.. if we can tolerate it..
    Even though I've been exposed to several 'high risk exposures' i have no symptoms... still feel fine.. so they wont test me..
    not enough tests ...
    we're running out of gloves.. masks.. and gowns... drugs.. and sanitizing wipes...
    seems like every state is competing with each other for the same stuff... and the squeaky wheels (nyc, chicago, wash, cali, dc) wil lget all the national reserve stockpiles..
    in 2 weeks.. they may ask us to care for patients without protective equipment...
    Good night, Doc.

You guys need to remember that sleeping deprivation reduces the immune system. You educated dumbasses seem to forget that y'all aren't immortal.
    Dr. Gregory House

Balance. You have to help the elderly but people have to work too. I do not know about anyone else but there is only so long I can stay home and remain financially solvent. I do not think stores will accept IOU notes. Oh wait, they already do.... federal reserve notes. They just will refuse to take my personal ones.
    Denton likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Balance. You have to help the elderly but people have to work too. I do not know about anyone else but there is only so long I can stay home and remain financially solvent. I do not think stores will accept IOU notes. Oh wait, they already do.... federal reserve notes. They just will refuse to take my personal ones.
    I hear you and you are correct. Especially about the FRNs.
    Still, I accept no casualties but my own life. Fight for them all.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    yes because the health care system has not been overwhelmed yet

took 67 days for the 1st 100,000 infected, 11 days to add another 100,000, 4 days to add another 100,000, NOW they are saying it will start to double every 2 days!!!!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...-accelerating/
    The above was posted 18 hours before this reply.
    The first post, 18 hours earlier, warned we had just broken 300,000. As I type this we are at 475,000 and rising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    not enough tests ...
    Good luck Doc!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links