Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy

This is a discussion on Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My parents are old but have been self quarantined since the mid 2000's. They have plenty of supplies and 16 acres. I expect they'll be ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 98
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy

  1. #31
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Columbia, Tennessee
    Posts
    5,380
    My parents are old but have been self quarantined since the mid 2000's. They have plenty of supplies and 16 acres. I expect they'll be fine. My gun nut nephew and prepper is 7 minutes away should they need anything. Some however, are not so fortunate and need insulation from all of this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

  2. #32
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    12,964
    i have practiced "social distancing" for several decades.
    We don't go to parties, we don't visit with people in their homes, we don't go to the mall or movies. We don't go to bars, and eat out maybe twice a year.
    If I'm not at work, or a veteran meeting, I'm home.
    Denton and stevekozak like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  3. #33
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    12,964
    in fact, for the last 25 years, the only people who know where we live are my neighbors, a friend of 50 years, and Inor, and Dwight.

    Other than family, that is.
    Slippy, stevekozak and Inor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,872
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    i have practiced "social distancing" for several decades.
    We don't go to parties, we don't visit with people in their homes, we don't go to the mall or movies. We don't go to bars, and eat out maybe twice a year.
    If I'm not at work, or a veteran meeting, I'm home.
    Same here, except the veteran meetings and the eating out.

    There is little else I can do to protect myself or my family, and 24/7 news coverage is moronic. Yes, I know this is much more contagious than the flu. I'm not stupid; I understand that if this was handled like the flu the death count would be staggering. Still, there's got to be more to report than the KungFlu.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  6. #35
    Banned


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    South Eastern Atlantic Coast
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Same here, except the veteran meetings and the eating out.

    There is little else I can do to protect myself or my family, and 24/7 news coverage is moronic. Yes, I know this is much more contagious than the flu. I'm not stupid; I understand that if this was handled like the flu the death count would be staggering. Still, there's got to be more to report than the KungFlu.
    Good to hear that this hasn't affected you & yours more than a News Story.

    But it may be of more importance to others of us. Your in charge, so it's of no significance. Sorry we bothered Y'all.
    Denton likes this.

  7. #36
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    Good to hear that this hasn't affected you & yours more than a News Story.

    But it may be of more importance to others of us. Your in charge, so it's of no significance. Sorry we bothered Y'all.
    Didn't say it is no significance. I'm just saying I'm doing all I can. After that, there's nothing more. No need for panic. No need in making it my main focus in life.
    Swimmer1 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  8. #37
    Banned


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    South Eastern Atlantic Coast
    Posts
    134
    Sorry I chimed in. Yet in my newfound role as a caregiver my suffering spouse can't receive physical treatment because all the care centers have closed due to the virus. So she continues to deteriorate while I have no other role but to sit and watch due to my lack of professional training. It's moronic that we both sit idly watching the TV News awaiting the day that the care centers once again reopen. Sorry if it's of no importance to You & Yours. Hope Y'all don't Judge Us to hard.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

  9. #38
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    Sorry I chimed in. Yet in my newfound role as a caregiver my suffering spouse can't receive physical treatment because all the care centers have closed due to the virus. So she continues to deteriorate while I have no other role but to sit and watch due to my lack of professional training. It's moronic that we both sit idly watching the TV News awaiting the day that the care centers once again reopen. Sorry if it's of no importance to You & Yours. Hope Y'all don't Judge Us to hard.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
    Who do you think this is of no importance? You aren't still referring to me, are you?

    As I've stated before, my parents and my wife aren't allowed to go to stores. I'll do that for everyone.
    Gave my elderly parents N95 respirators for their doctors appointments. Sent the rest to my niece and her mother; they work at a hospital in northern Alabama that is running out of PPE.

    Like rice paddy daddy, social distancing is not a problem for this misanthrope. I wash my hands and take other measures. I'm doing all I can do, so there is no reason to wring my hands.

    That is what I am saying. If it were of no importance to me, would I take these measures?
    Swimmer1 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  10. #39
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    .08 x #of infected = a boat load
    Here is startling memo for you: We don't live forever. Death happens. Other life goes on. I was going to send you a singing telegram, but you know,...social distancing.

  11. #40
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Here is startling memo for you: We don't live forever. Death happens. Other life goes on. I was going to send you a singing telegram, but you know,...social distancing.
    I prefer not to die because there were not enough medical devices...
    Denton, Mish and 1895gunner like this.
    Be a Berean

 

 
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top