Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy

This is a discussion on Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 The percentage of death is low. yes because the health care system has not been overwhelmed yet took 67 days for ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Acceptable Casualties - The Elderly Or The Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The percentage of death is low.
    yes because the health care system has not been overwhelmed yet

took 67 days for the 1st 100,000 infected, 11 days to add another 100,000, 4 days to add another 100,000, NOW they are saying it will start to double every 2 days!!!!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...-accelerating/
    Be a Berean

The fact is your dead for one reason or another. At that point what difference does it make why. Wasting resources for 6 months maybe a year isn't the wisest decision, IMHO. I don't plan on eating oat meal, chitting my diaper while staring at the ceiling waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post

took 67 days for the 1st 100,000 infected, 11 days to add another 100,000, 4 days to add another 100,000, NOW they are saying it will start to double every 2 days!!!!

Many more times that get the flu . People get sick it happens. Yes we need to take it serious but we also need to keep it in focus. Doing what is reasonable to avoid it . But if it comes it does .
    We have those in power saying million in US will die. I think they are full of crap.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

People get sick it happens
    YES, NOT SURE WHAT YOUR POINT IS HERE

Yes we need to take it serious but we also need to keep it in focus.
    what does that mean

Doing what is reasonable to avoid it
    what does that mean

But if it comes it does .
    wow

We have those in power saying million in US will die. I think they are full of crap.
    worse case if we did nothing and it ran its course quickly and overwhelmed the hospital system... at a .1% death rate we would see 23,000,000 deaths...lets say only 25% of americans caught it - that is still 5.9M deaths

1 day our deaths grew by 100 US coronavirus death toll grew by more than 100 on Monday as governors instituted even more rules
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/healt...day/index.html
    A Watchman and watcher like this.
    Be a Berean

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Not necessarily taking a position one way or the other.. but there is some date out of Italy that is enlightening regarding the virus. My wife, on a global medical forum showed me the data and I’ll try and post a link later. But to summarize, 99% of all virus deaths had underlining (comorbidity) conditions. Fully 50% had 3 or more conditions. The number of deaths with no underlying conditions was .08.

I don’t think age was a factor in the study but usually those with underlying conditions are “older”.

So this would suggest taking care of the people with the underlying conditions regardless of age. It would also suggest that if you keep yourself healthy in general you have a better chance of survival should you contract the virus.

Updated with link.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says
    Last edited by Piratesailor; 03-25-2020 at 01:15 PM.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Not necessarily taking a position one way or the other.. but there is some date out of Italy that is enlightening regarding the virus. My wife, on a global medical forum showed me the data and I’ll try and post a link later. But to summarize, 99% of all virus deaths had underlining (comorbidity) conditions. Fully 50% had 3 or more conditions. The number of deaths with no underlying conditions was .08.

I don’t think age was a factor in the study but usually those with underlying conditions are “older”.

So this would suggest taking care of the people with the underlying conditions regardless of age. It would also suggest that if you keep yourself healthy in general you have a better chance of survival should you contract the virus.
    .08 x #of infected = a boat load
    A Watchman likes this.
    Be a Berean

Super Moderator

Death panels! Now they are ok?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    .08 x #of infected = a boat load

You’re mixing your numbers. .08 is the number of deaths with no underlying conditions not those infected. 3.4 ish is still the overall mortality rate and you’d need to apply the .08 to the number of deaths (3.4 rate).

.08 is not applied to the number of infected.
    A Watchman likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

It’s gone from 300k to 400k today in two days. Tomorrow it will hit 500k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maine-Marine and A Watchman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Death panels! Now they are ok?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    No just a reality. Hey liberals never saw a baby they were not ok with killing. They send million helping do it. They just toss them in the trash.
    My dad had cancer big time his entire body was being eat up. A strong man he could not get out of a chair. Doctors were clear he would die in less than 6 months. He had instruction to let him go. They brought him back when his heart shut down. Added many $1,000 in cost . He died a week latter. I have made my wish known when the time comes let me go. I have had a great run.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-25-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links