I may have had COVID-19
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I may have had COVID-19

This is a discussion on I may have had COVID-19 within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My wife works weekends at a store where she was in very close contact with over 100 people a day. She was very lethargic just ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I may have had COVID-19

I may have had COVID-19

My wife works weekends at a store where she was in very close contact with over 100 people a day. She was very lethargic just wanting to sleep 10 days ago. Last week I began to feel like I had a fever and just really poor. Dry cough, very lightheaded, fever up to 100.3, mild body ache, a little hard to breath. At my work I rarely am in close contact with anybody so I worked the last few days last week but sprayed my area and daily paperwork with Lysol. Couldn't walk up a tiny hill on my property or lift a sack of grain without feeling out of breath. A co-worker is currently being tested for Covid-19. His results are due back tomorrow. Called out Monday and Tuesday but feeling better with no fever the last 2 days but still a little weak. My company said don't come in until next week. Don't know that I had it or a bit of the flu, serious allergies, or the virus, but my company said stay home the rest of the week just to be sure.

I've got projects I want to do around the property but just don't have the strength, but getting better every day.

Anybody else?
    Last edited by Elvis; 03-24-2020 at 08:35 PM.

I never got tested bu felt the same way. At times thought I would have to crawl to the bathroom. Felt very weak and unsteady on my feet.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Super Moderator

Y'all keep us updated in this thread, please.
    Get well.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The wife was feeling the same way about a week ago.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

SGG

One of my brothers was very sick with flu-like symptoms and quarantined himself, another brother visited him then visited us without our prior knowledge. We chewed him out because my third brother's wife and I are at higher risk. My 3 brother's dad (step brothers) had symptoms but got tested and was negative.

The next couple of days I thought I felt some slight symptoms starting. Slight pain in the lungs and tension in my upper body. But have felt fine since. Was taking an antibiotic for an eye issue, chalked it up to that.
    Michael_Js and Denton like this.

ohh man, I hope you pop negative and feel better soon. i got hit by something, couldnt sleep enough.10 days late. i still dont feel like normal me. im drained
    SGG, Denton and Michael_Js like this.

Super Moderator

Well hell, I thought Elvis died on the pot eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich?

Kidding of course. Hope everything is okay and you and your wife are feeling better soon.

Everyone should also remember it is still regular old flu season so you may get hit with nothing more than that. Stay vigilant though.
    Slippy, Elvis, Michael_Js and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

It does kinda sound like you had it. Not a doctor, but you're describing the same feelings I've heard some recovering people talk about in interviews.
    There are lots of folks saying their symptoms were mild or moderate, but not severe enough to warrant a hospital stay.
    My worry isn't so much getting it. No pre-existing conditions to speak of, so I could probably lick it with enough rest and hydration. My main fear has always been transmitting it to someone else who wouldn't fare as well.

Glad you're doing better. Stay vigilant. Secondary infection is apparently pretty easy.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Well hell, I thought Elvis died on the pot eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich?

Kidding of course. Hope everything is okay and you and your wife are feeling better soon.

Everyone should also remember it is still regular old flu season so you may get hit with nothing more than that. Stay vigilant though.
    We don't kid about peanut butter and banana sandwiches in the South.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

@Elvis

Hang in there and get well soon my friend!
    Michael_Js and Denton like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links