PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares

This is a discussion on PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.theblaze.com/news/pennsy...es-coronavirus 1st those that I trust to have guns already have one 2nd - not sure I can be too concerned about those that are ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares

  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,587

    PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares

    https://www.theblaze.com/news/pennsy...es-coronavirus

    1st those that I trust to have guns already have one

    2nd - not sure I can be too concerned about those that are trying to rush out and get a gun now - they are either looking to loot or are not trained enough to use a gun to prevent looting

    3rd - you can still get ammo lots of places

    4th - being able to buy a gun is not life essential

    5th it is not like they have banned slippy pikes
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

  2. #2
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    7,930
    I would contend with the ideal of #4, though not semantically.

    No, "a gun" is not essential to the functions your body needs to sustain itself. There is no disease I'm aware of that stems from Vitamin Gun deficiency.
    That said, the idea behind buying a gun comes directly from a function essential to life... predator protection.

    Banning the sale of firearms is just the first step toward their real goal... banning Slippy Pikes™.
    We can't give them an inch.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

  3. #3
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I would contend with the ideal of #4, though not semantically.

    No, "a gun" is not essential to the functions your body needs to sustain itself. There is no disease I'm aware of that stems from Vitamin Gun deficiency.
    That said, the idea behind buying a gun comes directly from a function essential to life... predator protection.

    Banning the sale of firearms is just the first step toward their real goal... banning Slippy Pikes™.
    We can't give them an inch.
    just to make a point. You can still buy a gun from a neighbor or friend or from a gun trader site ... you just can not buy one from a gun store

    of course PA it is illegal to sell a handgun without paperwork.. but you can buy and sell rifles and shotguns
    Kauboy likes this.
    Be a Berean

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    6,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    ......4th - being able to buy a gun is not life essential........
    But it certainly is for liberty. If you're 'good' with not being able to purchase a firearm in times of crises, the gun-grabbers will capitalize on that and make it the new normal. Then, when there's a lesser crisis, they'll use it again since the precedent has been established. Next thing you know, whenever there's a mud-pad shortage, the Second takes another hit.

    Death by a thousand cuts. It's been their method for decades. They'll keep at it 'cuz it works.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    But it certainly is for liberty. If you're 'good' with not being able to purchase a firearm in times of crises, the gun-grabbers will capitalize on that and make it the new normal. Then, when there's a lesser crisis, they'll use it again since the precedent has been established. Next thing you know, whenever there's a mud-pad shortage, the Second takes another hit.

    Death by a thousand cuts. It's been their method for decades. They'll keep at it 'cuz it works.
    you can still buy a gun.. just not at a gun store....
    Be a Berean

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,587
    Be a Berean

  8. #7
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    you can still buy a gun.. just not at a gun store....
    So, you are saying one can buy a weapon from another citizen, right?
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  9. #8
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,032
    I care. Crime is up in my area. It's our God given right to defend ourselves. All citizens--who so care to be--ought to be armed, even if they're late to the party.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    So, you are saying one can buy a weapon from another citizen, right?
    Yes, gun stores are closed..they are deemed not essential to life

    but nothing stops you from buying a rifle from me
    Be a Berean

  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I care. Crime is up in my area. It's our God given right to defend ourselves. All citizens--who so care to be--ought to be armed, even if they're late to the party.
    gun stores are closed.. you can still buy a rifle or a shotgun.. just not at a gun store...

    guess what Walmart is still selling them
    Be a Berean

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top