PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares

This is a discussion on PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Walmart is open and some Walmart’s have rifles and shot guns. Not much of a selection but any port in a storm will do. Private ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: PA Gov Closes all gun stores - Who cares

Walmart is open and some Walmart’s have rifles and shot guns. Not much of a selection but any port in a storm will do. Private sales with in stipulated regulations is still ok for rifles or shotguns. Handguns must by PA law be transferred with a background check and are not available at Walmart.

I had to turn away patients because the services they wanted were considered elective. I am only permitted to do emergency dentistry. Now If the department of health has its way, I will not be doing that either. No pressure negative rooms. Hint: your not getting that treatment at the hospital either where they have no knowledge of what I do. So other than eating and basic utilities, not much is necessary according to the Gov Wolfe in sheep’s clothing.
    Last edited by Camel923; 03-24-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Yes, gun stores are closed..they are deemed not essential to life

but nothing stops you from buying a rifle from me
    If someone in need knew you.

You know people are reluctant to sell weapons in unstable times.

I'd shut down if I had a gun store in PA, but that isn't the point. Point is, I don't like the government restricting weapons purchases in any manner.
    Camel923, Michael_Js and SRU Viper like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Walmart is open and some Walmart’s have rifles and shot guns. Not much of a selection but any port in a storm will do.

I had to turn away patients because the services they wanted were considered elective. I am only permitted to do emergency dentistry. Now If the department of health has its way, I will not be doing that either. No pressure negative rooms. Hint: your not getting that treatment at the hospital either where they have no knowledge of what I do. So other than eating and basic utilities, not much is necessary according to the Gov Wolfe in sheep’s clothing.
    Funny how the government has to tell people what to do.
    I have a bad tooth. Last year, my dentist told me I needed a root canal (cracked a tooth while trying to use my jaws as terminal crimpers). I put it off. I am now realizing he was absolutely correct. I don't need the government to tell me to just deal with it, right now.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A little clarification here. In PA gun stores are closed but gun stores are not the only place you can find an FFL to do a transfer and backround check. There are a few gun collectors and gunsmiths that have an FFL license. So technically, you could buy a handgun from a private sale and do a transfer with one of these individuals (assuming you know or can find one).
    Camel923 and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Walmart is open and some Walmart’s have rifles and shot guns.... .
    I thought WallyWord got out of all firearms and only stock .410 20ga and 12ga for ammo.
    Denton likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    you can still buy a gun.. just not at a gun store....
    So, like,.... from Carlos...... down on the corner of 5th and MLK?
    Slippy likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    A little clarification here. In PA gun stores are closed but gun stores are not the only place you can find an FFL to do a transfer and backround check. There are a few gun collectors and gunsmiths that have an FFL license. So technically, you could buy a handgun from a private sale and do a transfer with one of these individuals (assuming you know or can find one).
    I did not think of that little caviot in the law. Good idea.
    Last edited by Camel923; 03-24-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Denton and Maine-Marine like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I thought WallyWord got out of all firearms and only stock .410 20ga and 12ga for ammo.
    Here in PA some but not all Walmart’s have 22s, hunting shot guns and a few center fire rifles.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

The Good Cop

If it was only gun stores closed, that would be one thing.
    But most stores are closed.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I hate the idea of the governor closing gun stores using this flimsy excuse. But personally, I really can’t say it affects me in any way. With the crap that has been going on in this country lately, shame on you if you don’t already have what you need. Guns included!
    Maine-Marine, Kauboy and SOCOM42 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links