Two New Chapters
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Two New Chapters

This is a discussion on Two New Chapters within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hello everyone, we've all been seeing the panic and fear mongering the media has caused. On primarily the primarily brighter side of things though my ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Two New Chapters

Two New Chapters

Hello everyone, we've all been seeing the panic and fear mongering the media has caused. On primarily the primarily brighter side of things though my wife and I entered a new chapter in our lives as parents, or perhaps I should say two new chapters. We welcomed our twin boys into this world, one at eleven pounds two ounces and one at eleven pounds three ounces. Not too bad for two weeks early.

It's odd in a way though because as a man I was consumed by all of this happiness. But I look at this world and wonder what I really brought these two boys into. I can assure my wife everything will be alright but I think we all have our doubts.

It's a challenge I hope I'm prepared for, it was strange to me having to wait two weeks to come home while we were quarantined at the hospital. Now as I sit here with my boys asleep, snow and ice falling outside, my wife finally enjoying some peace and quiet I wonder what's in store for the future. I bought price gouged disinfectant, I have a stockpile of firearms and ammunition, not to mention other precautions. But will it be enough?

Time will tell, work starts in two weeks. My wife already has a place to keep our boys safe from potential germs. I finally figured out what my Father meant by having what he called " a grounding reel ". Something that keeps you pushing, even if you're crawling. A hope that drives you, no matter how dire the circumstances. Something that come hell or high water will keep you level headed.

Until next time my friends, Stay Safe
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

Congratulations on the Twins @Grinch !

Y'all will be fine, less stupid people in the Hills of Hinterland or so I've heard!
    Michael_Js and NewRiverGeorge like this.

Woo Hoo! Congrats, God bless, and stay healthy! Kids can wear you down

Peace,
    Michael J.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Your wife was carrying not one, but two ELEVEN POUND BABIES? Wow, she is Supergirl and Wonder Woman rolled into one. Congratulations as you start this new time of life. I'd do it all over again in a heart beat if I could turn back time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    Hello everyone, we've all been seeing the panic and fear mongering the media has caused. On primarily the primarily brighter side of things though my wife and I entered a new chapter in our lives as parents, or perhaps I should say two new chapters. We welcomed our twin boys into this world, one at eleven pounds two ounces and one at eleven pounds three ounces. Not too bad for two weeks early.

It's odd in a way though because as a man I was consumed by all of this happiness. But I look at this world and wonder what I really brought these two boys into. I can assure my wife everything will be alright but I think we all have our doubts.

It's a challenge I hope I'm prepared for, it was strange to me having to wait two weeks to come home while we were quarantined at the hospital. Now as I sit here with my boys asleep, snow and ice falling outside, my wife finally enjoying some peace and quiet I wonder what's in store for the future. I bought price gouged disinfectant, I have a stockpile of firearms and ammunition, not to mention other precautions. But will it be enough?

Time will tell, work starts in two weeks. My wife already has a place to keep our boys safe from potential germs. I finally figured out what my Father meant by having what he called " a grounding reel ". Something that keeps you pushing, even if you're crawling. A hope that drives you, no matter how dire the circumstances. Something that come hell or high water will keep you level headed.

Until next time my friends, Stay Safe
    Congratulations, Grinch!! Sounds like you got a couple of great chunkers!! I

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Give the man a CIGAR... wow.. congrats.

But more importantly.. give that lady a cigar and rose... 2 eleven pound boys!!!!! Holy damn... way to go.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Btw... my wife is a nurse midwife. She has delivered hundreds of babies. She’s been researching the virus and babies/new borns and breast milk and it’s been proven to keep the babies healthy even when the mother or other around are sick. That goes for bacteria as well as virus.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Congratulations! Twins are a lot of fun. We have twins, boy and girl. Funny how many people have asked us if they are identical twins, even after they know it's a boy and girl.
    Is this your first kids?

The Good Cop

I think every new father worries that the world he brings his babies into is really messed up. And wonders if he did the right thing.
    I know I did, in 1975 and 1977.

They probably did in the 1700's, and will in 2030.

Congratulations, and don't worry. Everything will be just fine.
    Prepared One and stevekozak like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

WOW Twins. Congratulations!
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links