This is not SHTF

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is not SHTF

This is a discussion on This is not SHTF within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; While this virus is no fun it is not SHTF. So far except of some liberal leaders seeing this as reason to let people out ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: This is not SHTF

  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    19,107

    This is not SHTF

    While this virus is no fun it is not SHTF. So far except of some liberal leaders seeing this as reason to let people out of jail and not arrest them for crimes things are pretty much in order. You can still get food, Electric is up and running, plenty of gas ect.
    But if you are watching it will give you a peak of things to come in a real SHTF. This right hear will give you something to think about. For get the Mayor's "“Let’s take this seriously, y’all. Let’s act like a community.”"

    This is what you need to be seeing. Just a small peak of what you will face in a Real SHTF.

    "“We ain’t going nowhere. This is our hood," one young man shouts at Newark police as he shoots the video, which contains profanity and racial epithets."
    "Appearing more somber at Baraka's news conference, the maker of the viral video said he meant the post as a joke." No he wasn't he was sending a message.

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jerse...defying-police

    The hood is already a government with in a government. One that plays by it's own rules and has no regard for right or wrong. Power and control is the only thing they are interested in.
    look around you will see more of it than you think.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-22-2020 at 08:01 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    6,373
    I didn't realize "SHTF" had an official, legal definition.
    SGG, MountainGirl and 0rocky like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,183
    All this China bug thing has done for me is reaffirmed that the sheeple are easily fooled and even more easily spooked. This is not SHTF to be sure, not even close, but it has allowed me to reexamine my stores and adjust some of my medical preps.

    Look, A bug out of hell is on my list, in the top 5 as a matter of fact, and this country is woefully unprepared to deal with it. If anything, this should serve as a wake up call for our government and "We The People".
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    11,817
    @Smitty901 is correct in that the lid is still on. SHTF would be much worse. Even so, people were fist fighting over toilet paper and such. Imagine if it were food because the shelves were bare and there was no prospect of restocking. Look at the lock downs. Why that as opposed to quarantining those whom need quarantined? This IMHO is the heavy hand of government. Imagine what they would do or take in SHTF. Is it not obvious that they feel that they alone bestow rights and privileges as opposed to one having God given rights?

    And with 70 percent of the economy shut down, how long can we function as a society before strength and power are the only rules in town? As Chairman Mao once said Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
    Prepared One and stevekozak like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

    Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

  6. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    19,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    @Smitty901 is correct in that the lid is still on. SHTF would be much worse. Even so, people were fist fighting over toilet paper and such. Imagine if it were food because the shelves were bare and there was no prospect of restocking. Look at the lock downs. Why that as opposed to quarantining those whom need quarantined? This IMHO is the heavy hand of government. Imagine what they would do or take in SHTF. Is it not obvious that they feel that they alone bestow rights and privileges as opposed to one having God given rights?

    And with 70 percent of the economy shut down, how long can we function as a society before strength and power are the only rules in town? As Chairman Mao once said Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
    Longer than most think. And he was right "As Chairman Mao once said Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" Make no mistake if things get worst the Hood will rise and all Law and order will fail.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    19,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    All this China bug thing has done for me is reaffirmed that the sheeple are easily fooled and even more easily spooked. This is not SHTF to be sure, not even close, but it has allowed me to reexamine my stores and adjust some of my medical preps.

    Look, A bug out of hell is on my list, in the top 5 as a matter of fact, and this country is woefully unprepared to deal with it. If anything, this should serve as a wake up call for our government and "We The People".
    The wise will do just that.
    Prepared One likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  8. #7
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    12,621
    I actually agree with the thugs in one respect.
    Being ordered into house arrest by some little dictator state governor would anger me, too.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  9. #8
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Longer than most think. And he was right "As Chairman Mao once said Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" Make no mistake if things get worst the Hood will rise and all Law and order will fail.
    I am guessing the Hood will also fall....in rows, perhaps.

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    While this virus is no fun it is not SHTF.
    Not yet, anyway.

  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Selkirk Mountains
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Not yet, anyway.
    Agree.
    As soon as most realize this shutdown (which is still increasing) is going to last many months, not a few weeks, things will happen fast - like "the avalanche coming down the mountain at the speed of light".
    ( @hawgrider )
    hawgrider, SGG, stevekozak and 2 others like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top