This is not SHTF - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is not SHTF

This is a discussion on This is not SHTF within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; As I was explaining to my wife tonight this is not a SHTF event. COVID-19 is a serious inconvenience that people who are prepared don't ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: This is not SHTF

As I was explaining to my wife tonight this is not a SHTF event.
    COVID-19 is a serious inconvenience that people who are prepared don't need to race to the stores for.

Stay home and stay safe.
    stevekozak and PrepperNoob like this.

This will be SHTF for many that work service jobs like restaurant staff, bars, etc... this is going to go on for some time and they are not going to have enough money or food....

how far will $1200 federal check go when you are not working for 2-3 months
    Be a Berean

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the $1200 checks were in addition to unemployment money. And aren’t they supposed to be extending the time limit to receive unemployment? It’s still small money, but better than nothing.

In any event, the assholes in Washington still can’t agree on a stimulus package so the stock markets will take a big loss again today and and american citizens will be ignored again while the d—k heads fight over power and politics. Situation normal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the $1200 checks were in addition to unemployment money. And aren’t they supposed to be extending the time limit to receive unemployment? It’s still small money, but better than nothing.

In any event, the assholes in Washington still can’t agree on a stimulus package so the stock markets will take a big loss again today and and american citizens will be ignored again while the d—k heads fight over power and politics. Situation normal.
    Nancy right on Que. They had an agreement she steps in and throws it out. The games start all over.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Nancy right on Que. They had an agreement she steps in and throws it out. The games start all over.
    What do you like about the bill? What is in it?
    From what I understand, there was an issue with how money is used to bailout big companies. There were no guidelines on where and who gets that money. A company that receives tax payer money for whatever they want. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of bailing out big companies that than just line their pockets, and don't get it back into the employee's hands.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Chiefster23 and SGG like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

One provision the dems are demanding is a requirement that funds going to businesses be used to keep paychecks or support going to their employees. Not be used for stock buybacks or to benefit investors. I am 100% on board with this idea.

(How about that Mish? We finally found something to agree on!)
    Mish, SGG and Denton like this.

I was just thinking that this is a test run and that they will now know that the virus has to be stronger and more contagious. And then mess with the electrical grid. So as soon as I have normal paychecks coming again I’m getting my shelf and rearranging the pantry and the extra closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Nancy figures the economy can tank if she couldn't get her federally-sponsored abortion provision.

I'm sure the unclean spirits controlling her can't wait for her to die so that they can enter a younger body.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Stay home and stay safe.
    This is exactly what my my wife and I are doing. I was prepared for the cloistered home and the isolation, but I was nowhere near prepared for the mental aspects.

I get up at around the same time, but my subdivision is dead calm. No one is even out walking. My wife and I took a reconnoiter yesterday and saw one singular person. The neighborhood is completely dark. Usually one or two neighbors is up getting ready for work. However, without any work going on it appears everyone is sleeping late.

That's when it just gets sad. All of these people, all of this talent, all housebound and virtually prisoners in Utopia. If I sound melancholy it's because I am.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    What do you like about the bill? What is in it?
    From what I understand, there was an issue with how money is used to bailout big companies. There were no guidelines on where and who gets that money. A company that receives tax payer money for whatever they want. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of bailing out big companies that than just line their pockets, and don't get it back into the employee's hands.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Mish, you are 100% liberal . You know Nancy is playing a game. Heck the Democrats already wrote most of the first bill. This is just Blackmail.
    School is out until 1:00. So far today the only class we got good work out of was math.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-23-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links