TP versus Mag capacity
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

TP versus Mag capacity

This is a discussion on TP versus Mag capacity within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My sister-in-law is liberal, a card carrying liberal in Illinois! She knows I am prepared. She also knows if possible she can come down here ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: TP versus Mag capacity

TP versus Mag capacity

My sister-in-law is liberal, a card carrying liberal in Illinois! She knows I am prepared. She also knows if possible she can come down here to AZ if the SHTF. While listening a phone conversation between my wife and the sister-in-law, I found out she actually was an early participant to stocking up. She went out and stocked up on a bunch of food. Appparently she feels she can hold out for as long as 6 weeks, now.
    I interupted the conversation and took the phone and asked if she had purchased any TP. The answer blew me away. She had originally purchased 1-30 pack of the double rolls Charmin TP on the very first day. On the second day, she purchased 2 more packs. A day later after hearing of some shortages, she went out and purchased more food and another 3 packs of TP. I asked where she was storing everything. I was told she had converted her spare bedroom into storage.
    I sheepishly asked what she needed 180-double size rolls of TP for.
    She responded, "I'd rather have it than need it! Besides, I can always take it back to the store once this is over."
    I almost feel off the couch, laughing. It took me a bit to compose myself and get back on the phone. She was a bit peeved that I was laughing, considering I am a prepper and have a lot more than she does.
    "And you once asked me why I need a 30-round magazines for my rifle?" "Does anyone knows what you have," I asked?
    Her answer, "Of course, I mentioned it to some of the people at work, that I had stocked up on everything." All of a sudden she went silent. "I did a real dumb thing, didn't I," she whispered finally.
    I didn't say a word even tho I really, really wanted to. Finally she asked, "How can I protect myself?"
    I immediately told her what she needed to do to get an Illionis FOID card, but also explained it would take a few weeks.
    "You mean I can't just order a gun on the Internet?" I explained how the BS she saw on the news was just that, BS. "Well can you mail a gun to me. I'll be happy to pay for FEDEX." After explaining how it really works and she must have the FOID card in ILL., I told her to go out and purchase some cans of Wasp spray, the name brand stuff that can spray like 20 feet, and put the cans in a couple of different rooms including the bedroom where it would be handy.

Maybe, just maybe she understands, but will she revert to her normal ways when Covid-19 passes? My guess is yup!
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    My sister-in-law is liberal, a card carrying liberal in Illinois! She knows I am prepared. She also knows if possible she can come down here to AZ if the SHTF. While listening a phone conversation between my wife and the sister-in-law, I found out she actually was an early participant to stocking up. She went out and stocked up on a bunch of food. Appparently she feels she can hold out for as long as 6 weeks, now.
    I interupted the conversation and took the phone and asked if she had purchased any TP. The answer blew me away. She had originally purchased 1-30 pack of the double rolls Charmin TP on the very first day. On the second day, she purchased 2 more packs. A day later after hearing of some shortages, she went out and purchased more food and another 3 packs of TP. I asked where she was storing everything. I was told she had converted her spare bedroom into storage.
    I sheepishly asked what she needed 180-double size rolls of TP for.
    She responded, "I'd rather have it than need it! Besides, I can always take it back to the store once this is over."
    I almost feel off the couch, laughing. It took me a bit to compose myself and get back on the phone. She was a bit peeved that I was laughing, considering I am a prepper and have a lot more than she does.
    "And you once asked me why I need a 30-round magazines for my rifle?" "Does anyone knows what you have," I asked?
    Her answer, "Of course, I mentioned it to some of the people at work, that I had stocked up on everything." All of a sudden she went silent. "I did a real dumb thing, didn't I," she whispered finally.
    I didn't say a word even tho I really, really wanted to. Finally she asked, "How can I protect myself?"
    I immediately told her what she needed to do to get an Illionis FOID card, but also explained it would take a few weeks.
    "You mean I can't just order a gun on the Internet?" I explained how the BS she saw on the news was just that, BS. "Well can you mail a gun to me. I'll be happy to pay for FEDEX." After explaining how it really works and she must have the FOID card in ILL., I told her to go out and purchase some cans of Wasp spray, the name brand stuff that can spray like 20 feet, and put the cans in a couple of different rooms including the bedroom where it would be handy.

Maybe, just maybe she understands, but will she revert to her normal ways when Covid-19 passes? My guess is yup!
    Life has really funny sense of humor.
    It will make you feel all warm and fuzzy, and then kick you square in the seat cushion. Sometimes it's cold enough to allow someone else to watch it happen.

I hope this is a lesson she won't forget. But I'm sure you'll get a say in how long she remembers it.
    Elvis and KUSA like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Ah schadenfreude, you intermittent temptress.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 03-20-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    Kauboy, paulag1955, KUSA and 1 others like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I hope she follows through with getting/trying to get the commie Illinois FOID. Maybe then she'll really understand what the liberal agenda with the 2nd amendment is all about.
    KUSA and Kauboy like this.

I like your wasp spray (pepper spray) defense plan. I had actually never thought of that, and that stuff really goes some distance...and the good stuff foams up to....and is flammable as hell.....

That does it....I'm buying the shit out of some wasp spray....and I actually have wasps in my shed right now....so I get some practice in too!!!

AMERICA....Fuk yeah!!!!
    Kauboy, Slippy and MountainGirl like this.

Well..if you're using it for defense make sure you get the kind you dont have to shake up first unless you're practiced up at that already...then you might have time to fire it off.
    Kauboy and stevekozak like this.

Please remember that use of wasp spray for any other than the stated purpose is against federal law.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Well..if you're using it for defense make sure you get the kind you dont have to shake up first unless you're practiced up at that already...then you might have time to fire it off.
    Honey...I've been a geo-bachelor for 11 years.....I've been practicing shaking paint cans so long, I can make one self detonate from over pressure.
    SGG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Please remember that use of wasp spray for any other than the stated purpose is against federal law.
    I said I had wasps in my shed......what are you talking about??? man you guys sure do go off on tangents around here....like i'd spray some one in the face with it........jesus...that would blind someone....hehe....might even kill them......hahehah...... nawwww that would be a terri..hahaha.....a terrible idea. I could go to jail for that. Nope, I wouldn't dream of doing that....now if someone came up to me unannounced while I was warding wasps away from an attack....and they got accidentally coated it's spray..... well that really just an accident and their fault for coming onto my land without my knowledge... And if they are in so much pain and ask for a smoke to settle them down....ain't I just being humane and decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Honey...I've been a geo-bachelor for 11 years.....I've been practicing shaking paint cans so long, I can make one self detonate from over pressure.
    oh god i've been trying to think of a reply for an hour and i just keep laughing and laughing too hard to think so all i can do is say thank you for the very needed belly laugh which is the second best feeling in the world and i'll laugh again when i spray wasp nests off the cabin and probably at other times too...
    SGG likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links