How Long will this last (Virus shut down)

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How Long will this last (Virus shut down) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Many Schools for 2 weeks and I am sure it will be extended Bars, nail salons, barber shops, churches, restaurants, night clubs....closed even some shelter ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: How Long will this last (Virus shut down)

Many Schools for 2 weeks and I am sure it will be extended
    Bars, nail salons, barber shops, churches, restaurants, night clubs....closed
    even some shelter in place orders

April and May have been mentioned.. some have even tossed out July or mentioned maybe next college year is all online...

what are you guesses

I think that if the goal is to flatten the curve and reduce deaths due to an overwhelmed hospital system... it is going to have to go on until at least the end of June
    Be a Berean

I agree with your assessment. Some bans will have to be lifted or the national economic consequences will be catastrophic. It is simply not possible to pay 40 percent of the workforce to stay at home in addition to those who were already sitting on their backsides. I look for relaxing of regulations around Easter.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I think on some level it will last until the summer. They will start loosening shut downs once the cases crest and start coming down. Some hot spots may remain locked down far longer.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    July/August is the feds guess with a start up again next winter.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Is “too damn long”... and answer?

The economic consequences are going to be huge...

So, now when we will start discussing reparations from China?
    paulag1955 likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Is “too damn long”... and answer?

The economic consequences are going to be huge...

So, now when we will start discussing reparations from China?
    I want to know when we will stop the madness of open borders and international travel. All this could have been avoided by stopping both as soon as the zipperheads got the bat flu.
    Last edited by hawgrider; 03-18-2020 at 09:24 AM. Reason: know
    T-Man 1066 likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Just now announced on FOX that our border with Canada is closing with the exception of trade. I would expect Trump to close and reinforce the southern border soon. Also announced that EU members are closing their borders. So much for all the “ open borders bullshit we have been hearing since forever”.

It will last till after the elections. Libs finally found something that "may" help them this Nov.
    Michael_Js likes this.

My guess is all of April and most of May, but not far past that.

With the ramp up that we are seeing in our healthcare industry, the commercial industry beefing up supplies, and the government freeing up stockpiles of equipment and engaging the Army Corps of Engineers for new hospital locations, we should be ahead of the bell curve by mid April and able to sustain the inflow of infections by that time.
    This thing isn't going away. It will just be another thing we contend with going forward. Hopefully we hit a herd immunity period sometime after a vaccine is produced, and annual infection rates drop.

Thank God in heaven we are not a country with socialized medicine. The market will see a huge opportunity to assist here, and some folks will make a bundle of cash, all while helping to curb the outbreak.
    Watch the already threadbare NHS system in the UK try to deal with this, take notes, and learn the lessons. We do NOT want that here. Plus, it would completely destroy innovation and research here, which would adversely affect the entire world.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

A few states have already closed schools for the year. Thankfully, we are in a place that is waiting to see what happens. GA is out until at least March 31, then most go on spring break for a week. Hopefully, during the week of break things will settle down and we can get back to life. I think that states that have called the rest of the year off have jumped the gun a little.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links