Covid-19 Hits Home
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Covid-19 Hits Home

This is a discussion on Covid-19 Hits Home within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; A dear friend is experiencing the virus as is his family. This is a dairy of it. Will update as I am. Iíll keep you ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Covid-19 Hits Home

Super Moderator

Covid-19 Hits Home

A dear friend is experiencing the virus as is his family.
    This is a dairy of it.
    Will update as I am.
    Iíll keep you posted.

Our Coronavirus journey.
    So it has started. Itís really hit home. I am now in my home with two teenagers sent home from school. They started the day in class as normal. By lunch time they had started to feel unwell - a little hot, a few aches. By the evening a cough developed. The next morning they were feverish. The cough became almost constant. They got checked by medical staff. Two days later the results came back. Positive
    I was away with work when I got the call to come back home.
    By choosing to come back to the family home I was choosing to be quarantined.
    My last minute stop was at a large supermarket. Last minute stuff: eggs, milk, chocolate, multivitamins.
    Thatís when the enormity of it all hit.
    The shelves were nearly empty. T-shirt wearing, shorts and sandals went up and down the aisles taking whatever was left.
    No medicines. No toilet rolls. No pasta. No rice.
    The panic has started.
    Iíve now entered the family home. Weíre all together. We have supplies. We will be ok.
    The teenagers are comfortable. In bed, watching Netflix. Theyíre drinking plenty of fluids. Theyíll be ok.
    The wife is starting with symptoms. She was obviously infected earlier.
    Iím healthy. Iím positive. Iím prepared.
    I know we will get through this.
    Iíll keep you up to date with how this virus affects me. Iíll let you know how it affects a middle aged man.
    Learn from my experience. Learn before it gets to you.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Prayers man.
    If no underlying conditions, they should be fine.
    A first-hand account could be VERY helpful. I hope he keeps spirits up enough to continue posting, and that you do too.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Banned

Got a freezed phone call from Thing 2 (has the Grandmother of all things watch at present) reporting the similar conditions in the Savannah area.
    Baby Wipes, Kleenex, Bounty, any form of paper product including loose leaf functions the same.
    A couple of buckets of Wise, along with the leftover canned goods from Hurricane Season, no problem. Yet I did need to stress that Thing 2 searched for at least a case of evaporated or condensed milk.
    All those theoretical pandemic threads are probably going viral? Yet of all the pandemics this is probably the best that "The Government" could hope for. So far in America, only Old Folk with respiratory problems have succumbed. So from a Governmental perspective: all those close to being Baby Boomers and all those that have ever smoked are going to be eliminated! So if your a Baby Boomer that has smoked, perhaps this is the best pandemic "The Government" could have hoped for? Yet, in the pandemic world perhaps the passover of the lambs is the greatest blessing that can be prayed for? (How many Grandpa's & Grandma's are willing to go to the other side as long as all the Grandchildren live to see another day?) A pandemic that takes out all the costly dredges on American Society, yet allows future generations to prosper, Governmentally Speaking How Bad Is It? JMHO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    Got a freezed phone call from Thing 2 (has the Grandmother of all things watch at present) reporting the similar conditions in the Savannah area.
    Baby Wipes, Kleenex, Bounty, any form of paper product including loose leaf functions the same.
    A couple of buckets of Wise, along with the leftover canned goods from Hurricane Season, no problem. Yet I did need to stress that Thing 2 searched for at least a case of evaporated or condensed milk.
    All those theoretical pandemic threads are probably going viral? Yet of all the pandemics this is probably the best that "The Government" could hope for. So far in America, only Old Folk with respiratory problems have succumbed. So from a Governmental perspective: all those close to being Baby Boomers and all those that have ever smoked are going to be eliminated! So if your a Baby Boomer that has smoked, perhaps this is the best pandemic "The Government" could have hoped for? Yet, in the pandemic world perhaps the passover of the lambs is the greatest blessing that can be prayed for? (How many Grandpa's & Grandma's are willing to go to the other side as long as all the Grandchildren live to see another day?) A pandemic that takes out all the costly dredges on American Society, yet allows future generations to prosper, Governmentally Speaking How Bad Is It? JMHO.
    We have lots of threads for thoughts on this issue.
    This is real time shit. Take it to another of the numerous threads
    Old SF Guy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Prayers.
    Denton likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Prayers for all of you.
    Denton likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Prayers up. Heard there is a big outbreak in Ohio. Crazy situation.

Banned

Real time. I'm living in area which has been declared in a state of emergency by the Governor of my state. All the schools in my area have been closed. The largest charity Golf Tournament in town has been cancelled midstream. Every St Paddy's Day program has been cancelled. Unprecedentedly Mickey Mouse's House & Universal have been closed. I'm an over sixty Veteran with lung problems derived from the burning oil fields of Kuwait, and I've been directed to shelter in place if I experience an symptoms instead of seeking medical attention. Real time?

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    We have lots of threads for thoughts on this issue.
    This is real time shit. Take it to another of the numerous threads
    Real time. I'm living in area which has been declared in a state of emergency by the Governor of my state. All the schools in my area have been closed. The largest charity Golf Tournament in town has been cancelled midstream. Every St Paddy's Day program has been cancelled. Unprecedentedly Mickey Mouse's House & Universal have been closed. I'm an over sixty Veteran with lung problems derived from the burning oil fields of Kuwait, and I've been directed to shelter in place if I experience an symptoms instead of seeking medical attention. Real time?
    He means that ^^^ goes here --> https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...your-area.html
    Swimmer1 and Denton like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Backstroke.
    Denton likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links