Covid-19 Hits Home - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Covid-19 Hits Home

This is a discussion on Covid-19 Hits Home within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Glad they seem to be weathering it ok. Hope they all feel better soon. This caught my attention, "Now I’ve lived through panic before and ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Covid-19 Hits Home

Glad they seem to be weathering it ok. Hope they all feel better soon. This caught my attention, "Now I’ve lived through panic before and I’m always watching for the”other news” that is slipped in."

That's for real.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.

Super Moderator

I just spoke on the phone with my friend.
    He's on the downside of the infection and he sounded like he was in the middle of a horrendous respiratory infection.
    This man is a man among men. Fellow warriors call him "good people." He's a decade younger than me and it damned-near killed him.
    Play games with this.

I'll post his latest update, tomorrow (today).
    MountainGirl and Slippy like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Hey Denton.

No temperature today.
    Less tired.
    Less of a cough.
    I’m thinking I’m through the worst of it.
    Still a little short of breath if I push myself. This is day 7 or 8 for me I think though I’m losing track of time.
    Wifey is perking up too but her cough is lingering more. But we both feel we are no longer sick more in the recovery phase. Two days ago I felt really poorly. Did almost consider ringing for help but decided against it. In another week I’m going to volunteer to work in the hospital as I know I cannot get this twice. They’re looking for volunteers to take throat swabs.
    So many people have got it in a mild form here. We’ve only got 24 cases in the nearby city that have needed hospital care. No deaths locally.
    The shops are still open and the hand hygiene is enforced when you enter. Everyone is forced to be six feet apart in social spaces.

God bless
    Slippy and MountainGirl like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Excellent News @Denton !

Please tell your friend Slippy says Hey! and get well soon!
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Hi Denton

A quick update.
    Kids all fine. Bored now. This isn’t as much fun as they thought it might be. Schools have confirmed its now an August return to classrooms in the meantime lessons are via Google Classroom.
    Wifey is much better. Still a bit of a cough.
    I’m a lot less wheezy today. A mild, persistent cough but I feel a lot less breathless. The tiredness is going too. I feel like I have some energy at last. By my accounts this is day 11 or 12. So a few more days and I should be good as gold.
    I have only anecdotal evidence but we really think the Vitamin C kept us going.
    This hasn’t been pleasant and I can see how this can kill. A colleague from work is on a ventilator in ICU. He’s 60. Type 1 diabetic but otherwise fit as a fiddle. I hope he makes it. Please be safe. Please take this seriously. It’s not the plague but it is a nasty virus- I am concerned about the long term effects. Underlying health issues seem to be a key factor as does exposure to the virus - the more people around you that are sick , the sicker each Individual seems to get.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

@Denton - so glad to hear your friend is on the mend!

I think it's great that he wants to volunteer in the hosp now...and if you could pass along (or maybe he's reading this, lol) two little things: MAKE SURE your energy level is all the way back before you do. We're most susceptible to illnesses when we're exhausted to the cellular level, and hospitals have other things floating around besides covid. The second thing is - does he know for a fact that he cant get covid again? It does mutate - and his resistance might not be there for a different strain.

And please thank him for sharing the journey he and his family went through. (((hugs)))
    Seeing what they went through can help inform our own choices.
    Denton likes this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

i just learned that the virus is located on a farm market road That's within 1mile from where i live.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links