Covid-19 Hits Home - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Covid-19 Hits Home

This is a discussion on Covid-19 Hits Home within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by SGG He means that ^^^ goes here --> https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...your-area.html Got it. Thanks for insight....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Covid-19 Hits Home

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Got it. Thanks for insight.
    SGG likes this.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    A dear friend is experiencing the virus as is his family.
    This is a dairy of it.
    Will update as I am.
    Iíll keep you posted.

Our Coronavirus journey.
    So it has started. Itís really hit home. I am now in my home with two teenagers sent home from school. They started the day in class as normal. By lunch time they had started to feel unwell - a little hot, a few aches. By the evening a cough developed. The next morning they were feverish. The cough became almost constant. They got checked by medical staff. Two days later the results came back. Positive
    I was away with work when I got the call to come back home.
    By choosing to come back to the family home I was choosing to be quarantined.
    My last minute stop was at a large supermarket. Last minute stuff: eggs, milk, chocolate, multivitamins.
    Thatís when the enormity of it all hit.
    The shelves were nearly empty. T-shirt wearing, shorts and sandals went up and down the aisles taking whatever was left.
    No medicines. No toilet rolls. No pasta. No rice.
    The panic has started.
    Iíve now entered the family home. Weíre all together. We have supplies. We will be ok.
    The teenagers are comfortable. In bed, watching Netflix. Theyíre drinking plenty of fluids. Theyíll be ok.
    The wife is starting with symptoms. She was obviously infected earlier.
    Iím healthy. Iím positive. Iím prepared.
    I know we will get through this.
    Iíll keep you up to date with how this virus affects me. Iíll let you know how it affects a middle aged man.
    Learn from my experience. Learn before it gets to you.
    @Denton this is why folks like us have been prepping for years. for times like these. the party is just starting kick back with your preps and watch the show
    Denton and Smitty901 like this.

My wife works a job that requires a lot of close interaction with people, some times over 40 people a day. And since I've been known to kiss my lovely wife occasionally I know that we may catch the virus. She had a scratchy feeling throut yeaterday with a bit of a dry cough but otherwise felt fine.

Had a tiny bit of a concern myself today, I had a tight chest (not unusual for me because of allergies this time of year) but felt awfully hot (face felt hot like a fever) while driving for a few hours. Got to thinking about things I'd wish I had if stuck at the house for a few weeks. Debating whether to stop at the grocery store on the way to the house to get more fresh foods but the local grocery store is full of older employees. Also wished I had already bought the supplies for a "someday to be done" home repair project I'd considered doing if I was stuck at the house for 2-3 weeks.
    Since it was a company vehicle I was also considering the options to sterilize it (just in case I was sick) while not wanting to be an alarmist since I probably was virus free.

Long story short later I was feeling fine so with that bullet dodged I swung by the grocery store and got a lot more frozen veggies and meat (fresh but vacuum sealed in the freezer now). I also swung by the hardware store and got the supplies to re-lay that old brick walkway I've been needing to repair. If I get sick sometime in the near future at least I'll be eating good and staying busy, and if not sick I'll still be eating good for a bit with 800 lbs of morter mix to keep me entertained.
    Last edited by Elvis; 03-13-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Prayers for all involved...speedy recovery.
    Michael_Js and Annie like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

Super Moderator

More from the member who has it..

First day proper in quarantine.
    Supply levels are good. Fuel and food levels great.
    The teenagers are a little perkier today. The thermostat is set high with the furnace burning away. Our electronic tank detector says 133 days of oil left at the current rate.
    We’re starting on the fresh and perishable foods. The option to have food delivered still exists so we’re not touching stores yet.
    The teenagers have been put on high doses of Vitamin C. Cross infection controls are in place with a separate bathroom for them as opposed mine.
    My temp is normal. BP and HR normal. I feel fine.
    I’m watching the news (MSM) and they are accentuating the panic. It’s like they are trying to force the agenda.
    Now I’ve lived through panic before and I’m always watching for the”other news” that is slipped in.

Alls good in the household. This is no worse than a cold with a cough for the children.
    I notice that the Vitamin C and acetaminophen are working really well for them. They seem brighter and the coughing less too. My wife is going downhill though. She won’t have the Vitamin C. She wants her painkillers and sleep. I won’t push her. No cough yet. Temperature still a bit high for her. 99F. Plenty of fluids onboard.

More tomorrow.
    God bless.
    hawgrider, Annie, Slippy and 6 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Today’s update.

The two teenagers have pretty much recovered. That’s six days in total. Now they have no temperature, no cough, no sneezes. Their appetites have returned. Obviously we are still isolating them but we have no fears to their safety.
    The wife is tired. Her temp was up last night. She’s coughing and a bit wheezy.
    She is in bed and keeping warm. She started showing signs and symptoms at day 5 and went down rapidly.
    It’s still day 4 for me. Day 5 is tomorrow.

Food supplies are good. The home delivery has been stopped by the supermarket.
    The supermarkets here have cut their opening times by 1/2. The shelves are apparently very empty. The liquor store has closed as they have ran out of stock and don’t know when they’ll get a resupply (I’m told).

We’ve plenty of board games that are keeping spirits up.

The infection rate locally went up 50% yesterday and another 20 added to the death toll.

It’s the old folks that are getting hit hard, very hard. They go down rapidly. Once infected those that die die in about a week. Those that last longer get better it seems. Anti inflammatory drugs and anti pyretic drugs seem not to help and some are saying make the virus worse.

Spirits are high in the household. The fact the children have recovered so well and so quickly is a blessing.

All supplies are good. We are going to make it.
    Dr. Gregory House

You got this shit lots of things should have killed you long before now and you won so keep kickin
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    You got this shit lots of things should have killed you long before now and you won so keep kickin
    I don’t have it. A member who wants to remain anonymous is dealing with it.

I get a summer cold every other year. Nails the crap out of me.
    RubberDuck and MountainGirl like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Ahhh ok I get it now well blessing to them and piss on you then I didn't mean any of that sappy crap
    Slippy, Old SF Guy, SGG and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    Ahhh ok I get it now well blessing to them and piss on you then I didn't mean any of that sappy crap
    I just did a spit take through my nose with some cheap American made red wine! I had to tell this one to Mrs Slippy! That cracked me up! ^^^^
    SGG, Denton, RubberDuck and 4 others like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links