Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; school district just sent out letter. Closed for 2 weeks starting monday and then they will reevaluate received a call from major vendor for large ...

Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree1803Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

school district just sent out letter. Closed for 2 weeks starting monday and then they will reevaluate

received a call from major vendor for large communication vendor (Sierra Wireless) - they are looking at part shortages and may see a halt in equipment production

whats going on in your area
    Be a Berean

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Chaos and mayhem stores empty on paper goods and meat. Schools and college's closed.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

School districts are closed by order of the governor in Washington's three most populous counties. That's over half the students in the state out of school. The governor has also asked all remaining school districts to make contingency plans in case they need to close. Inexplicably, even though it's apparently too dangerous to conduct school, the governor has also asked the districts to provide free daycare to the children of health care workers. I understand the importance of keeping these workers on the job, but are their children immune to the virus or somehow undeserving of the same protections as other children? He's also asked them to somehow keep providing free meals to qualified children. I'm not sure how he's envisioning that happening.

We just had our first corrections officer test positive so I'm guessing a crap ton of prisoners are going to get sick with it, too.
    Michael_Js likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Schools and colleges closing, some going to on-line classes. Empty TP & cleaning product aisles. Churches cancelling services. Concerts, plays etc. getting cancelled.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

The University I work for is on break this week. All classes starting Monday will be online only. No face to face classes until 4/13/20.

There have been no cases in our county.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Penn State university says on line classes only.

Schools announced 2 weeks of home learning following spring break. They won't go back until April 5th. My job said I didn't have to bother with coming into the office the few times I normally do. Toilet paper is gone. Clorox wipes are not to be found.

The wife set up a Sam's order for *ACTUAL* essentials, and they are all in stock. Electrolyte drinks, canned goods, various other normal grocery items...
    She made a point to say "thank you for being a prepper, we don't need to buy toilet paper", which I got a chuckle out of.
    Vitamin C is in the mail.

Church services are still on, though other activities are being postponed. We do offer a livestream, so we've been ready for remote participation for over 2 years.

We're ready to hunker down, if necessary.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Southeast Alabama is good but people are preparing. That’s good it supply lines can hold up.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Central NC here. So far three school districts in state have closed. That is only 3 out of more than 120 or so. Our school system has suspended athletics and any large gatherings. Colleges has gone to online mode for the most part. Stores are starting to see some shortages in paper products and canned goods. No major problems at all so far.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by soyer38301 View Post
    The University I work for is on break this week. All classes starting Monday will be online only. No face to face classes until 4/13/20.

There have been no cases in our county.

Guess I should have said Illinois...Northern

Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links