Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 72
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Was back in Illinois the last few days. Saw a whole bunch of signs that read...Pritzker Sucks...not endorsung anyone else, just that he sucks...I loved ...

Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree1631Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

Was back in Illinois the last few days. Saw a whole bunch of signs that read...Pritzker Sucks...not endorsung anyone else, just that he sucks...I loved it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Our state started reopening but me and my family decided to wait a little further since it is still a bit too risky to go outside. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Disembogue View Post
    Our state started reopening but me and my family decided to wait a little further since it is still a bit too risky to go outside. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Look Disemboweled... you can be both safe AND sorry at the same time. Sorry for what you gave up to feel "safe". Find a spine. Install it. Get back to living.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    New models, being propagated by our liberal Texas media, are predicting a catastrophe of new cases as we open. Complete BS as we know the models are often wrong. Our health care system is FAR from overwhelmed and our deaths are poorly reported (presumed Chinese virus death vs confirmed death)

Here is reality in Texas... a population of just under 30 million. The are 490 CONFIRMED Chinese virus deaths. Of those, almost 300 are those over 65 years of age. Most are in nursing homes. Under 50 the number is almost inconsequential.

Confirmed and “presumed” deaths are under 1500.

Total deaths in just the state of Texas in one year, from all medical causes (cancer, heart, liver, etc) is 140,000. That’s ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY THOUSAND.. compared to 490/1,500. That does not include car accidents, etc.

A little reality is always a good thing.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Disembogue View Post
    Aww ... what the heck, go ahead and get on out a little. You can always ride around in your car by yourself while wearing your mask!

PS ... you won't be alone
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Still under goobenor Dimslee's WA state lock down. Some places are preparing to open, under limited operation.
    Just got back from Lowe's, and it looks normal, like it always does. A mix of people with masks/gloves...
    Dental appointment in a few weeks...rescheduled from April. No local restaurants open, but we still do local takeout.

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Prepared One likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    New models, being propagated by our liberal Texas media, are predicting a catastrophe of new cases as we open. Complete BS as we know the models are often wrong. Our health care system is FAR from overwhelmed and our deaths are poorly reported (presumed Chinese virus death vs confirmed death)

Here is reality in Texas... a population of just under 30 million. The are 490 CONFIRMED Chinese virus deaths. Of those, almost 300 are those over 65 years of age. Most are in nursing homes. Under 50 the number is almost inconsequential.

Confirmed and “presumed” deaths are under 1500.

Total deaths in just the state of Texas in one year, from all medical causes (cancer, heart, liver, etc) is 140,000. That’s ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY THOUSAND.. compared to 490/1,500. That does not include car accidents, etc.

A little reality is always a good thing.
    I just spent 4 days in a major hospital here in Houston and not one nurse or doctor I spoke to about it acknowledged that they were overrun with China bug patients. Rather, more then a few said the precautions and policies put in place were more of a hindrance then anything. A couple even said this was being blown way out of proportion and was more administrative decisions then medical. It's bull shit. I was not allowed to see my wife for 4 days because of bull shit! I will see them in hell.
    Denton and Piratesailor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Dope dealers on the streets of Milwaukee and Madison are not wearing mask they seem to be fine.

Late last night I received and Email. Seems Governor of NC say the tide coming and jumped into his phase 2 early . The place we are staying on our trip is open and we are good to go. Mean while after a Supreme court spanking. he is now looking at others ways to rig an election. And use the virus to put other parts of his agenda in place. Free transportation for all in Madison and Milwaukee. More city streets bicycles only.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 05-23-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

May 23. Still not one case of KungFlu among the over 3,500 people where I work. Except for one week when we were told to "work from home," we've been at work.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

As of yesterday there were 90,899 cases reported in the state with 6,228 deaths.

I think we are still right behind NY and NJ in total cases across the US.

We dropped from a high of 3,007 on 17 May to 289 yesterday.

I think the social distancing and masks are playing a part in the drop.

My county has 10,001 reported, 4,600 around my location with 652 deaths.

Went to the wholesale club yesterday,

most stuff was there including to my surprise was about about 6 tons of assort brands of rice in 20, 25 and 50 pound bags.

Only thing really missing was sanitizers and disinfectants, plenty of fresh and frozen chicken in the cases.

Arizona tea was absent, all the other spaces were filled with bottled waters.

Wore a mask and disinfected every item as it was put into the Cherokee, then myself, keys, and everything else I touched and wore.

Other than the frozen/refrigerated stuff, everything else will be left in that Jeep for a few days.

Oh, there was completely filled spaces of TP and PT of different brands, bought two store brand PT cases.

I now have about 15 cases of PT stored, I already do have enough TP stored for a lifetime.

What was missing last time were Mission tortillas, this time the racks were filled with the,

picked up a few bags. of the Med. sized ones.

Have plenty frozen ones for making burritos and a ton of canned refried beans.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 05-23-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: sentence structure

Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links