Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 41
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl The one down in Newport did too. I bought 2, Tom bought 2. TP was one to the customer as well; ...

Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree1803Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    The one down in Newport did too. I bought 2, Tom bought 2.
    TP was one to the customer as well; only a handful left on the shelves. We left those for others.
    My husband almost never goes to the supermarket with me. He'll go to Costco, though.
    MountainGirl and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

Hey I just found my new Easter Bonnet!

Not funny, I know.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)-epidemic-protection-hat-anti-saliva-fog-uv-hat-face-shield-full-face-isolation-anti-polluti.jpg
    Let us use the time as best we may.

Wife heard a tree fall about an hour ago. In the direction of the creek so beaver maybe since there isn't much wind today.

Other than that can't much say. Haven't been to town in almost 3 weeks now. Snow finally all melted, cleaning up the yard and built a patio swing we ordered last year. Trying to rotate some of the oldest stored foods into the daily cuisine to use them up, and listening to the police scanner more than I have in a long time. We've been trying hard for a baby recently, no luck yet. The missus thinks it's due to her going through menopause about 5 year ago, but I remain undiscouraged and am still willing to do my part.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Wife heard a tree fall about an hour ago. In the direction of the creek so beaver maybe since there isn't much wind today.

Other than that can't much say. Haven't been to town in almost 3 weeks now. Snow finally all melted, cleaning up the yard and built a patio swing we ordered last year. Trying to rotate some of the oldest stored foods into the daily cuisine to use them up, and listening to the police scanner more than I have in a long time. We've been trying hard for a baby recently, no luck yet. The missus thinks it's due to her going through menopause about 5 year ago, but I remain undiscouraged and am still willing to do my part.
    I am still laughing about this, 5 minutes later!!
    Crunch, MountainGirl and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Hey I just found my new Easter Bonnet!

Not funny, I know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epidemic-protection-hat-anti-saliva-fog-uv-hat-with-face-shield-full-face-isolation-anti-polluti.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	105115
    I think it's funny.
    Annie, Denton and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I think it's funny.
    paulag1955 really wants one.
    Denton, paulag1955 and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

WA seems to be restocking shelves pretty well, at least over here in the east part of the state. We haven't been out for a couple months or so, but my bff goes and reports back. She doesn't go to any of the big box stores, though, but I haven't seen too many people griping about it online lately, other than bigger families needing more TP. Not having much of a problem ordering stuff online, though we do get quite a few replacements, and 1 roll of tp per order. (we have plenty) Lowes had our litter/bedding today, which, whew, because we've been calling around daily. Dunno why we didn't stock up on that. I'm an idiot, I guess. My friend picked it up for me and put it in our shed, so that was really helpful. We're mainly just getting backup snacks and stuff like that from grocery delivery. Friend is picking up eggs from porches of locals that sell them.

I won't go into all the details of my "ritual" when we get something from the store delivered (and even the mail), I'll just say it might be overkill lol. My husband is the "perfect" patient for this to kill. And he is now 100% onboard with stocking/prepping, unlike he was until a couple weeks ago. Went from years of "we don't need that much," to "are you sure we need that much?" to "I'm glad you got that much." lol, well I guess if there's a silver lining, it's that.

Anyway, don't believe any numbers you see. There are "reports" and then there is what's really going on. Through grapevines we are hearing of confirmed cases in senior homes, workplaces, etc, but those stories don't come out in the news for almost a week later. And sometimes it's just "confirmed cases in X county" with no way of knowing where. Still a lot of people not taking it seriously, but proclaiming they have all these rules and practices in place that they don't. Cleaning, temp taking, distancing, not as much as they say. One friend is checking the state's website on a regular basis and checking that against what the news and such are reporting, and it never matches up and she doesn't know where they're pulling those numbers from (well, she does, but).

A lot of stores are requiring distancing, though. Limited # of people in the stores, lines outside spread 6' apart, etc, etc, but I don't have any faith in any cleaning going on.

Friend of mine lives in a senior home and she was cleaning her own little hangout spot on her floor til things started getting worse, then she was like screw that, cuz she didn't have the right supplies, plus, she doesn't even work there. She's holed up now, but they aren't cleaning common areas, and the receptionist is taking temperatures. Though there are some confirmed cases now, so maybe it's the receptionist, which would just be lovely.

Besides, people don't know the difference between cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing, and use those words interchangeably, so it's not helpful when anyone says an area is sanitized or disinfected or whatever. It's probably mostly cleaning, which won't help anyone.

Glad I had a ton of h202 cuz I have a bad thing going on w/ my ear. Checking my temp for fever in case of infection, but I think I'm out of the woods and won't need antibiotics. All I have here are fish meds, but I'd use those before I'd go to any type of medical place. Noticed those were selling out different places on the internet about a week or so ago. A couple of people have lectured me about that, but growing up, there was more than one time that we got our antibiotics from the Feed Store, so... Reading about the teledocs and it says that most of them require testing before prescribing antibiotics, which, what's the point of them? I'm not saying they should give them out for every sniffle or cold or whatever, but anyway, I'm just griping. Taking care if it myself.

Personally, I'm studying for my HAM license, and we're just doing stuff around the house related to our hobbies and doing spring cleaning and scheming about the garden, checking all our seeds, etc.

SSDD for us, really. He normally goes out more often than I do, but neither of us need to.

edit: sorry for swear words
    Last edited by PrepperNoob; 04-06-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Got some things done today.

Put away 65lbs of long grain white rice. Added another 12lbs of dry pinto beans. Tested using hand warmers as O2 absorbers, and they worked like a flippin' charm! (they caused the mylar to shrink up and appear like a vacuum sealed pouch, no air pockets!)
    Went through the stocks and assessed some things.
    Rearranged the 5gal buckets to ensure newest at the back/bottom. Found a full 5gal of rolled oats I completely forgot about, lol.
    Wanted to see how long the TP would last, and what our backups were. I think we are good for about 2-3 months before we'd have to change over to wash-and-reuse options. I'd like to increase that, but stocks of paper goods are still running thin and I'm not motivated enough yet to fight the morning crowds. (check the timestamp of this post, and you'll guess why)

Found an apparently unknown spot for 50pks of nitrile gloves hidden in the adhesive section at the local Lowe's. "Venom Steel" was the brand. The box was shiny, so marketing works! HAHA. They're black and not good for first aid use, but just fine for avoiding skin contact in public.
    Also picked up a Filtrete "True HEPA" air purifier filter(the "essential" that justified the trip, lol) to start a possible mask making project with. Took the better part of 2 hours to delicately separate the filtration media from the housing, and from itself (hot glue everywhere), but in the end I have an 8"x20'(yes foot) stretch of 99.97% particle blocking "HEPA" fabric that's supposed to stop that percentage of .3 micron or larger floaters. That should be plenty to play around with and get a decent stock of homemade options to pass out to friends/family or donate.

Haven't heard of any COVID test results back for my firefighter buddy. Should be Monday or Tuesday.

Kiddos start a new online program tomorrow that their school is rolling out. Intended to get them back into a real schedule of sorts. Each day is a different subject. We'll see how that goes.
    Stayin' sane... for now.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Tested using hand warmers as O2 absorbers, and they worked like a flippin' charm! (they caused the mylar to shrink up and appear like a vacuum sealed pouch, no air pockets!)
    Can you tell me what this means please?

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperNoob View Post
    Can you tell me what this means please?
    Hand warmers and oxygen absorbers are basically the same thing, just different sizes.
    PrepperNoob and BamaDOC like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links