Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 36
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Finally found a company with hand sanitizer other than alcohol. That made my entire day. Started my bean garden. That ruined my day. Signed a ...

Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 722
Like Tree1579Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

  1. #351
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Dawson Springs
    Posts
    3
    Finally found a company with hand sanitizer other than alcohol. That made my entire day. Started my bean garden. That ruined my day. Signed a peace treaty with a bumblebee. That made my week!

    Won't keep ya'll hanging. clean-republic dot com

    Even used discount code: OWNERDISCOUNT

    How you like them beans? Not bad for a 1st post, eh?

  2. #352
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    8,148
    Found out today that a fireman buddy of mine was in contact with a COVID patient, and the hospital that sent them out to the house didn't inform.
    The elderly woman went to the ER the night before (Sunday evening) and was told she just had allergies, and should take some Claratin. Monday rolls around, she goes back for testing with more severe symptoms. They instruct her to self-quarantine while awaiting results. Monday evening, her test comes back positive, and they send two EMS/firemen to get her, and don't tell them anything. They arrive unknowing, walk inside, notice the masks and gloves on, and are back outside in less than a minute getting their own equipment on. They get her there, and she stays overnight.

    To put it mildly, the fire captain was... irate.
    The two nurses who sent the woman home Sunday night were fired.
    The hospital is receiving a deserved sh!tstorm.
    To top it off, the woman died yesterday (Tuesday). (elderly, pre-existing heart and breathing complications)

    My buddy was told to get tested and self-quarantine. Their entire firehouse has to be sanitized. Potentially a whole shift team out of commission for quarantine.

    Then, in a move that boggles the mind, his wife tells him to come home! He's a fireman in another town, a bit less than 3 hours away.
    Now, he's back home in my town, literally 2 blocks from my house, and is staying there with his wife and four boys. FIVE MORE POTENTIALLY INFECTED PEOPLE!!! IN MY TOWN!
    If even half of them test positive, that will be a >50% increase for confirmed cases in this town. We've only had 5 total to date.

    I can't figure out which part of this story is the most outrageous.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

  3. #353
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Scotland!!
    Posts
    1,334

    Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Found out today that a fireman buddy of mine was in contact with a COVID patient, and the hospital that sent them out to the house didn't inform.
    The elderly woman went to the ER the night before (Sunday evening) and was told she just had allergies, and should take some Claratin. Monday rolls around, she goes back for testing with more severe symptoms. They instruct her to self-quarantine while awaiting results. Monday evening, her test comes back positive, and they send two EMS/firemen to get her, and don't tell them anything. They arrive unknowing, walk inside, notice the masks and gloves on, and are back outside in less than a minute getting their own equipment on. They get her there, and she stays overnight.

    To put it mildly, the fire captain was... irate.
    The two nurses who sent the woman home Sunday night were fired.
    The hospital is receiving a deserved sh!tstorm.
    To top it off, the woman died yesterday (Tuesday). (elderly, pre-existing heart and breathing complications)

    My buddy was told to get tested and self-quarantine. Their entire firehouse has to be sanitized. Potentially a whole shift team out of commission for quarantine.

    Then, in a move that boggles the mind, his wife tells him to come home! He's a fireman in another town, a bit less than 3 hours away.
    Now, he's back home in my town, literally 2 blocks from my house, and is staying there with his wife and four boys. FIVE MORE POTENTIALLY INFECTED PEOPLE!!! IN MY TOWN!
    If even half of them test positive, that will be a >50% increase for confirmed cases in this town. We've only had 5 total to date.

    I can't figure out which part of this story is the most outrageous.
    USA figures are now(1st April):
    188,592 positive tests
    4,055 deaths.
    (1st of March 75 positive tests, 0 deaths)
    Reading the info posted by @Kauboy makes you see how easily this spreads and how fast it kills.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fangfarrier; 04-01-2020 at 01:36 AM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #354
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,221
    Yeah, no joke. If I get this thing I'm headed to a priest to get the anointing before I head to the hospital. I understand they're not letting the priests--or family--in once you're admitted.
    Michael_Js and Piratesailor like this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

  6. #355
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    19,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Yeah, no joke. If I get this thing I'm headed to a priest to get the anointing before I head to the hospital. I understand they're not letting the priests--or family--in once you're admitted.
    Saved by grace Annie you know that. The rest is just to help us stay on track.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  7. #356
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Saved by grace Annie you know that. The rest is just to help us stay on track.
    I heard it put this way once, by a priest. We're on a road with a ditch to the right side (presumption) and another ditch to the left (despair). I don't want to fall into either.
    Michael_Js and inceptor like this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

  8. #357
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Posts
    1,757
    Governor extended the Texas school closures until May 4th. My daughter graduation ceremony is May 27th. I doubt they will be back in school. She’s doing online classes now but only limited. Has to be hard on teachers, students and parents.

    On the flip sided.. I have her cleaning saddles so she’s helping with chores more than usual (and she’s a really good kid that helps out al the time)
    MountainGirl and inceptor like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

  9. #358
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    110
    I read that the hurricane season this year is supposed to be more active than normal. I wonder if leaders/people in states that normally get hit are putting any thought into how to handle an evacuation. We don't normally get hit where I live, but I'm close enough to the coast to be concerned about people evacuated our way.
    inceptor and SGG like this.
    Working on my manifesto.

  10. #359
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    19,858
    The movie Sister Kenny is one most should watch, about Polio . It is about Sister Kenny who took on all the experts and how wrong they were. Time and time again we forget. Experts are most often only right once. They don't know it all and experts tend to follow the heard. We must be objective in what we take as fact.

    "Sister Kenny is a 1946 American biographical film about Sister Elizabeth Kenny, an Australian bush nurse, who fought to help people who suffered from polio, despite opposition from the medical establishment."
    Last edited by Smitty901; 04-01-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    MountainGirl and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  11. #360
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    19,858
    Quote Originally Posted by OrneryOldBat View Post
    I read that the hurricane season this year is supposed to be more active than normal. I wonder if leaders/people in states that normally get hit are putting any thought into how to handle an evacuation. We don't normally get hit where I live, but I'm close enough to the coast to be concerned about people evacuated our way.
    Oh here we go global warming. Trump hates the planet causes storms. Monster hurricanes like never seen before. FEMA wants more money. Trump not giving them any. ALL BS. There is more flooding because very thing is built up. The storms are no worst now than ever.
    No more or less of them over any average period. Storms come fact of life . If you built in a flood plain good luck get the heck out If you live next to a flood plain the filled in to build on Get out. If you are in LA near the south end where Mississippi rive use to run before the more it, you are below sea level , get out. You should not be there anyway.
    stevekozak and inceptor like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

 

 
Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

www.prepperforums.net

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Back to Top