Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Schools closed here as well, local air force base just announced it will be closed for the duration. My banker told.me.two.days ago.that they just brought ...

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree1803Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

Schools closed here as well, local air force base just announced it will be closed for the duration. My banker told.me.two.days ago.that they just brought home a.deployment from Italy. Yikes!
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

Schools closing for two weeks, son’s college is closing for two weeks and May do all classes on line after that, hysteria and fighting about toilet paper even before it gets to the shelves. Runs on paper good, disinfectants, canned goods. Reviewing and implementing cdc guide lines in the office in addition to osha regulations. I have multiple plane trips scheduled and aviation may become grounded. No hockey. And all sports post pines or cancelled.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Alabama

3/13 toilet paper is gone in my area, so is hand sanitizer, chlorox wipes, disinfectant, and bread
    fights in stores, as people are trying to cut in line to get tp and water...
    costco shelves are empty, line to get into the parking lots of several grocery stores.

there are cases in my hospital.
    it just became real for everyone..... though I'd say now there are still 10-20% who still believe it's nothing but hysteria and over reaction.
    a colleague who will manage the respiratory patients is afraid as the flu season has been bad... they don't know how many more cases
    they can take before they reach capacity.

I suspect we will cancel all elective non emergent care including surgeries in the next 2 weeks.
    we are running out of medical supplies, gloves gowns, masks.... staff has been stealing boxes of masks from the shelves.. so they removed extra boxes of masks from the shelves and put them on lockdown.... the hospital is telling staff to prepare for child care if you are unable to go home.. .as they may declare state of emergency and mandate staff to stay and work for up to days weeks at a time.

that has scared alot of the single moms and folks with kids...
    a couple of the staff who are older (>60 yrs old) and near retirement are afraid of getting sick and dying...
    they are at higher risk and are considering quitting if the hospital mandates them to work.

I have so much respect for the military... this is how they feel,... choosing a job where they risk their lives for their fellow citizens.
    their families are afraid for them, yet they sacrifice so much for their community.
    hopefully nurses.. therapists... health care workers in general will get a little more love after this is all and done...
    lotsa people are afraid right now... afraid of the unknown...

I just shrug and say I"m sure I'll get infected.. but Im sure i'll survive... we have a job to do, and we'll get thru it..

schools are closed.... unsure if they will do online classes
    sports are slowly canceling
    the roads seem to be less congested, as more people are working from home.
    expect panic the next week as cases finally start getting diagnosed...

try to avoid stores this weekend.. have a drink...
    hunker down and enjoy the results and security of your preparation...
    we were all relaxed last night.... watching netflix... playing board games (kids are getting better at chess)...
    better than one of the 20 people who texted me last night in a panic asking me what they need to go buy at the stores...

my wife and I are working on a schedule so the kids have structure, expectations, and normalcy as they are going to be home alot and isolated from their friends.
    we'll put them to work with daily chores of cleaning, outdoor work, studying, food prep, and some sort of physical activity...
    I look forward to fishing with them as the weather dries out a little bit... and hiking with the dog ....

it feels so good to not worry about having to go out and buy stuff...
    the neighbor, and my coalition partners will talk about protection, and sharing skills, and supplies if anyone is short...
    I thank so many of you who have unselfishly shared your advice, support, and expertise to help us prepare

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Seems no one can figure out the Governor's order. Is the start day flexible or not when the end day really is. How are the going to provide day care of the city children and meals. Seems he was concerned about one thing. The Teachers union demands.
    They could have just switched the dates of the two week spring break and that would have covered 14 days of it. But the union did not like that.
    Payton and I are going riding. That virus can catch the motorcycle.
    Chiefster23 and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Situational report from Houston. Dumb and getting dumber. That is all.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    School districts are closed by order of the governor in Washington's three most populous counties. That's over half the students in the state out of school. The governor has also asked all remaining school districts to make contingency plans in case they need to close. Inexplicably, even though it's apparently too dangerous to conduct school, the governor has also asked the districts to provide free daycare to the children of health care workers. I understand the importance of keeping these workers on the job, but are their children immune to the virus or somehow undeserving of the same protections as other children? He's also asked them to somehow keep providing free meals to qualified children. I'm not sure how he's envisioning that happening.

We just had our first corrections officer test positive so I'm guessing a crap ton of prisoners are going to get sick with it, too.
    What a difference a day makes. Last night, Inslee made that order state-wide, so you can add another 50,000+ children in the Spokane area now with no place to go...and the weekend for everyone (parents) to figure it out.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    Last night T-Woman 1066 and I went on a recon mission. Outskirts of Rockford IL, 4 major stores completely wiped out of TP and wipes / sanitizer. Went back to first store this morning at 8, 2 pallets of TP were getting loaded on the shelves. No issues. My guess at this point, noon, they are already out. The supply chain has not run dry yet, but it will. Give it a week or so...

Today’s virus task force press conference; “We are looking at and considering travel restrictions within the country.”
    I was planning a 150 mile run on monday to deliver supplies to my 90 year old mother. Now I will be on the road by 5am tomorrow. Drop off the goods and haul ass back home.
    MountainGirl, hawgrider and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    What a difference a day makes. Last night, Inslee made that order state-wide, so you can add another 50,000+ children in the Spokane area now with no place to go...and the weekend for everyone (parents) to figure it out.
    I'm guessing he was shamed into this because states with far fewer cases had done so.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    What do you mean "50,000+ children in the Spokane area now with no place to go"...?

Homeless?

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links