Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; First Disneyland and now Knott's Berry Farm! Nooooooo. Where will I get my family fun and entertainment now! They also closed Universal Studios. Sent from ...

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

Super Moderator

First Disneyland and now Knott's Berry Farm! Nooooooo. Where will I get my family fun and entertainment now!

They also closed Universal Studios.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Joe likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Nothing dramatic here. Yeah some lines at stores but for now civility. For now
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I have not logged in or participated here for a few years. But given what has been going on I thought I would stop by to see what you all are talking about. First, I want to thank everyone here for advice on preparing. I have stocked canned goods, water and other supplies for some time now. I probably have enough for at least a half a year or so. So thanks to you all for the information.

Around here the grocery stores are quickly becoming empty. I went to my local Kroger today at 9AM to pick up a few things and all the canned vegetables and canned meat were mostly bought up. So I'm glad I stocked up well before this virus even happened. Bottled water, TP, and cleaning supplies, forget about it, they were gone as well. It sucks for the people that thought they would hit the stores this weekend as they are in for a harsh reality. Out of curiosity I checked Amazon today and even Chef Boyardee canned foods are sold out.

The local schools here shut down and are going to online education for at least a few weeks.

Thanks to you all for encouraging people to prepare. I wish you all good health.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Los Angeles Area: Disneyland closed until the end of the month, same for Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Los Angeles Unified School District closing 3-16 for 2 weeks, then reassessing. However, they'll have 40 Resource Centers open for kids that need the meal program so I'm not sure if that really is taking them out of lots of contact.

USC is going to online classes until the end of the month. Sporting events will not have spectators attending.

UCLA is switching most of their classes to online, until April 10th.

Pepperdine is going online, now, for the rest of the semester.

Most schools are following suit, although no cases of the virus have been confirmed. https://abc7.com/education/see-list-...virus/6001308/

Shopping, now that's where the real crazy is! 2 weeks ago I went into a local Costco, just to see if the stories from Washington State were true. Every cart leaving there had a case of TP, and cases of water. All of them. And the parking lot, on a Tuesday mid-morning was packed as far as you could park.

Definitely a lot of frenzy in the general population, driving in some of the parking lots has really ramped up to demo derby.

This week there were 4 confirmed cases in NE Texas in a couple of the 100k population towns. School districts and colleges have closed down lengthening their spring break week. The run on grocery stores has begun with people preparing for the potential of being quarantined or supplies being unavailable. As of yesterday, toilet paper is not available, or so I hear and by pictures on social media.

What about me, you ask? No prob, I still have a few hundred rolls at home.
    Prepared One likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

The entire University shut down for a minimum of two weeks, a few have said students will not return but will do everything on line. Most of the public schools have closed. Many of them for two weeks, some until further notice. I imagine the remaining schools will close soon. Many schools have Spring Break in 3 to 4 weeks so some students are off 3 weeks before going back. My local system is currently scheduled to return to school for a week, then take Spring Break, but we were told today that we might not go back prior to break. We are doing online school, so no need to rush back and no make-up days taking away summer.

Along with schools, churches, Six Flags, some tourist centers in downtown are all closed. Small boutiques and specialty stores are closed because no one is shopping. The county has cancelled the Career Expo which is a hiring event for many companies and so many people were registered to go, hoping for employment or better employment.
    Grocery stores are low on most everything. Last night there were reports of lines hours long. Lines formed as soon as school closings were announced.

Today we had a lot of emails from places that are open begging for business, local restaurants listing all they are doing for public safety. We also heard from a local orchard that wants people to come out and buy their goods. I live in a high traffic area and getting to and from work was a dream today, with little to no traffic.

It all just seems a little strange. I was disappointed to see all the neighborhood kids playing outside together when I got home. My daughter is more than pissed off at us that we would not allow her to play. We are on official lock down. If schools can't meet and we are in a state of emergency we do not need to be playing with others. My goal is her health not her happiness.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Outside the gates of Slippy Lodge, people be going stupid...running around trying to buy up toilet paper, paper towels, wipies and other nonsense.

Inside the gates of Slippy Lodge; Pike Manufacturing continues at a rapid rate. Shelter, Food, Water, Medicine, Defense is plentiful and in working order.

Sippin' some Redneck Riviera Whisky with the doors open, soft breeze circulating and a nice soft rain pattering the metal roofing of the famous Slippy Lodge. Dogs on alert but lounging at the ready.

Firearms are clean and in EXCELLENT working order. New Radians Raptor LT Charging Handle just installed on AR10. Magazines filled and at the ready.

Biggest question is; Whats for Supper?

And...waiting on stupid unprepared family members who have said for years..."When it gets bad we will just come to your place"...

Should be fun...

Life is good...

Really no effect here. Around the state 19 case they think. No deaths. But so they could be seen as effective they closed the schools. Now they are looking for Money lots of it to feed the children that normally get their meals from the school and pay for daycare .
    momma aint watching them kids all day. Democrat governor is dancing in the street mo money mo taxes oh yea.
    At home way outside of town we are ok. Been stocked up for years. While school is closed I will be keeping Grandson hear with Payton for awhile. We are already thinking about motorcycle road trip.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-13-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Banned

The 2+ tons of food from the Cancelled TPC Golf Tournament will be used to feed the children currently not attending school like during summer sessions. Wolfsons Children's Hospital will need assistance replacing the funds that won't be obtained via the normal TPC charity donation. Local first responders have been hit by quarantines after assisting people found to be positive for the virus. Most of the local cases involve people 50+. Currently residents are urged to follow daily changing instructions via local media outlets. radio-tv-etc. St Aug St Paddy Day events all cancelled, Clay County Agro Fair cancelled. etc etc .......Gov has declared SOE but that may tie in with Presidents SOE to allocate funding for pandemic?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Outside the gates of Slippy Lodge, people be going stupid...running around trying to buy up toilet paper, paper towels, wipies and other nonsense.

Inside the gates of Slippy Lodge; Pike Manufacturing continues at a rapid rate. Shelter, Food, Water, Medicine, Defense is plentiful and in working order.

Sippin' some Redneck Riviera Whisky with the doors open, soft breeze circulating and a nice soft rain pattering the metal roofing of the famous Slippy Lodge. Dogs on alert but lounging at the ready.

Firearms are clean and in EXCELLENT working order. New Radians Raptor LT Charging Handle just installed on AR10. Magazines filled and at the ready.

Biggest question is; Whats for Supper?

And...waiting on stupid unprepared family members who have said for years..."When it gets bad we will just come to your place"...

Should be fun...

Life is good...
    @Slippy feels great to be a prepper just about right now doesn't it? years of planning and sacrifice are paying some nice dividends right now Prost! Bro Slippy Prost!
    Slippy and watcher like this.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links