Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton Yup, and my elderly parents can’t catch a deadly case of drug overdose from drug addict. Exactly....

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Yup, and my elderly parents can’t catch a deadly case of drug overdose from drug addict.
    Exactly.
    Denton likes this.

SGG

Girlfriend works at a local Orthopedic Hospital. Last she heard they might shut down for 2 months. They locked up masks and supplies a while back because employees were stealing.

She just texted me today from work that there has been the first death related to the virus here in our city. I haven't been able to confirm that through news outlets yet. I do not doubt that though.

Latest I heard, there were a couple of cases in my County. Both had been traveling outside the United States.
    Last edited by SGG; 03-18-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Two cases in Dothan, Alabama.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Nearby county has instituted a curfew 9pm-7am you must be in your house, unless you are considered to be essential. Most local malls are closing as of 5 pm tonight. We have 3 deaths in our state and are up to 297 confirmed (as of 9 this morning).

No new rumors on schools, but we are all closed until March 31, then most have Spring Break. I have been teaching online and it is not as easy as everyone thinks.
    soyer38301 and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    With all the craziness in the world right now, I want to ask, how are YOU doing? It's time for us to come together because together there is nothing we cannot face. Are you doing okay? Are you anxious? Frustrated? Angry? Let's truly talk to each other. Ya wanna know why? It really is gonna be okay.
    So these times are crazy. I went from teaching high school juniors and seniors daily in person to teaching them online. I am not as concerned as many because my family is prepared. I teach job skills and budgeting skills and asked the kids to do a little research on the Economic Impact of Covid 19. Most of the kids did a great job, but what hurt was reading how many of them fear running out of food, how many of them fear loosing parents and/or grandparents. I am pissed off that they are unprepared because their parents did not prep in any way. However, I am also hopeful because many of them cited lessons about having extra stuff on hand in the future and never wanting to be in this type of uncomfortable situation again.
    Kauboy, Denton, SGG and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp4GA View Post
    Nearby county has instituted a curfew 9pm-7am you must be in your house, unless you are considered to be essential. Most local malls are closing as of 5 pm tonight. We have 3 deaths in our state and are up to 297 confirmed (as of 9 this morning).

No new rumors on schools, but we are all closed until March 31, then most have Spring Break. I have been teaching online and it is not as easy as everyone thinks.
    Try being on the tech side trying to get higher ed instructors to understand what they are supposed to do with online classes....

I tell our student workers. . As you become more educated, don't get stupid...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Denton, MountainGirl and inceptor like this.

I have a big personal problem with curfews.
    The right to travel is not restricted only to times of good communal health.
    Curfews are explicitly designed to control the movement of free people, nothing more. In a world of "liberty vs. security", I'll take liberty ever single time. With it, I can ensure my OWN security.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by soyer38301 View Post
    Try being on the tech side trying to get higher ed instructors to understand what they are supposed to do with online classes....

I tell our student workers. . As you become more educated, don't get stupid...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I totally get that. Parents are getting upset and calling our help desk and emailing our help desk and 90% of the time the issue is user errors. Plus most have no concept of the overload that is happening to these systems right now. In the past I could do a video on our platform and it would render in a minute or less now it is taking hours, I get it but others who have never done online are frustrated. Then we have those that set due dates and have no compassion if someone submits late. Well it is late because the system was slow, or the student had internet connection issues, or maybe they are sharing a computer with a working parent or siblings that also have school work to do.

I am thankful online is an option, learning will continue and we will not have to do make up days.

I have a problem with curfews too. I assume it will spread to our county soon.
    Denton likes this.

I totally get that. Parents are getting upset and calling our help desk and emailing our help desk and 90% of the time the issue is user errors. Plus most have no concept of the overload that is happening to these systems right now. In the past I could do a video on our platform and it would render in a minute or less now it is taking hours, I get it but others who have never done online are frustrated. Then we have those that set due dates and have no compassion if someone submits late. Well it is late because the system was slow, or the student had internet connection issues, or maybe they are sharing a computer with a working parent or siblings that also have school work to do.

I am thankful online is an option, learning will continue and we will not have to do make up days.
    The physical infrastructures of the internet, wired or wireless, were not designed to handle this load.
    Think of it this way: Our 3/4" garden hose keeps our lawn watered just fine; but using it to put out a fire on the mountainside - it would fail every time.
    Jp4GA likes this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links