Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

This is a discussion on Local Virus effects (whats up in your area) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Just a hint..Take the food and if not needed give it to someone else..If they think you have enough and then feces happens big time ...

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree750Likes

Thread: Local Virus effects (whats up in your area)

Just a hint..Take the food and if not needed give it to someone else..If they think you have enough and then feces happens big time you may have some unwanted visitors..
    Mrs. Spork and Slippy like this.
    Agure Aut Mori

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Just a hint..Take the food and if not needed give it to someone else..If they think you have enough and then feces happens big time you may have some unwanted visitors..
    I do not live in town. The resources they would waste even getting it out here would be silly at best. I am sure if they have more than needed they will donate in town. I did get a hold of them a few minutes ago and they were happy I made it clear it was not needed or wanted.
    Unwanted visitor showing up here would regret that mistake. 1 my dog is always hungry. 2 I would prove to be someone they do not want to deal with.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    If you have a Twitter account look up
    Bourbon Street coronavirus

Some scary shit. There is a video of 5-6 police cars telling people that too many people are gathered together. They need to go home.
    It is straight out of a scifi movie.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    A hell of a lot more things are caught around there than COVID-19, they kill slowly.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 03-17-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    stevekozak likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I started practicing social distancing two weeks ago and I’ve cranked it into overdrive since last weekend. One big concern is the grocery stores. The government is telling us to avoid crowds or groups of more than 10 people. But the food stores are extremely overcrowded. Yesterday I drove past one store and I have NEVER seen that parking lot so full of cars in my entire life. I’m not sure how this can be avoided but if people need to shop for food, they are going to be exposed to big crowds. This isn’t such a big concern for those of us that are well stocked but it looks like foods stores will become the prime place for people to get infected going forward.
    Camel923 and Michael_Js like this.

I was out and about yesterday and noticed most of the kids who are supposed to be home not infecting people where out running the streets and in the parks playing soccer, basketball, etc. So much for quarantine. Some businesses where operating normally with bug protocols in place and most where not seeing vendors or sales people, some where gearing up to work from home, traffic was lighter then usual and there where fewer trucks it seemed. The Governor activated the Texas National Guard. Grocery stores where open and from what I hear you can buy what you need in limited quantities but you may have to wait in line at check outs in some stores.

It's going to be a long ass summer if they drag this out through August.
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Just heard there is 2 possible cases on campus today. Teating is not back yet, but I will be working from home today and for the foreseeable future....I'm high risk and will not take a chance.
    This is in Joliet IL. 2 students in the dorms and untold others that have come in co tact with them and anything they have touched.

And, of course, the talking heads have not told the staff anything as of yet!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

We have everything we need at Slippy Lodge, and more...or so I thought!

This am, Mrs Slippy, bless her heart, awoke from her beauty slumber and proclaimed...

"I am going to the damn grocery store, I want to make sure I have my Palmetto Cheese Spread! The Piggly Wiggly (the closest grocery store in our rural neck of the woods) doesn't carry it so I'm going to the Publix (in suburban hell)."

....and in a split second she was out the door!

Evidently my calculated and comprehensive approach to being prepared did not include Palmetto Cheese; "The Pimento Cheese with Soul"!

Name:  0089604000100_A.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  25.6 KB

If any of you care or are concerned, I may die over a container of Cheesy Goodness but my lovely bride will be happy...

Many restaurants are closing down by us - not even doing take out. We're trying to find local places to support by ordering takeout, so we'll see by date night, this Saturday. Lowe's was crowded yesterday with many employees wearing nitryl gloves and many customers wearing work gloves. Many employees wiping down surfaces with clorox wipes. I carried my own with me. Then got gas at the local grocery store - packed parking lot, but I didn't go in...

We're still getting our CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) deliveries of fresh veggies/fruit, plus eating off frozen crops from last years harvest. Although, the fresh garlic bulbs are gone So, in September of last year, I planted 148 cloves for this year's harvest

Garden is almost ready for planting - once spring is really here and we stop 25 degree nights/mornings. Just added 4 rows, 30' long each, for corn! They are besides the 12 raised beds. The greenhouse is filled with little dirt pots and veggie seeds we put in the week before last.

We're working on it! Doing our best to keep low. I'm working from home (2nd week now) as dictated by our company. We have manufacturing at our facility, so the offices are still open and operating. My wife normally works from home, but is still going out to volunteer at the animal shelter - her passion.

Peace out,
    Michael J.
    Slippy and MountainGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    We have everything we need at Slippy Lodge, and more...or so I thought!

This am, Mrs Slippy, bless her heart, awoke from her beauty slumber and proclaimed...

"I am going to the damn grocery store, I want to make sure I have my Palmetto Cheese Spread! The Piggly Wiggly (the closest grocery store in our rural neck of the woods) doesn't carry it so I'm going to the Publix (in suburban hell)."

....and in a split second she was out the door!

Evidently my calculated and comprehensive approach to being prepared did not include Palmetto Cheese; "The Pimento Cheese with Soul"!

Name:  0089604000100_A.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  25.6 KB

If any of you care or are concerned, I may die over a container of Cheesy Goodness but my lovely bride will be happy...
    ******************************UPDATE************** ************************

Mrs Slippy returned from the Publix D&R......................Dejected and Rejected!

They were out of Palmetto Cheese, the Pimento Cheese with Soul!

She reported that the meat department was out of the normal cuts of meat but pigs feet was in abundance.

Cheese aisle was limited, milk was gone and of course TP was out as well.

Produce was filled so she picked up some apples, oranges and bananas.
    hawgrider likes this.

I was suppose to call the VA and make an appointment for with in 30 days. I called they are not making any until July . That does not make much sense.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links