“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://apple.news/A5hxpSOLXSzGig8_5KtVGdA De. Fauci seems certain this KungFlu thing is serious. I know it is deadly to the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, but is ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

Super Moderator

https://apple.news/A5hxpSOLXSzGig8_5KtVGdA

De. Fauci seems certain this KungFlu thing is serious. I know it is deadly to the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, but is he overreacting?
    Renec and stowlin like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

No he is not. Its an underestimation. The collapse of our midical system and supply chain will multiply the deaths by 5 or 6 times what he estimated.
    Denton and Annie like this.

Don't know what to expect or believe, too many differing opinions and contradictory advice. Should have closed the borders decades ago.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The infection rate is very high for this illness and it spreads fast
    Renec and Denton like this.
    Be a Berean

Sorry about that,didn't mean to post so quickly, got interrupted by the better half. What I would add is that the government will never tell the whole story. Don't get me wrong,I love my country but the powers that be can't afford to go full disclosure. First,if they tell us not to worry and a quarter of the population goes belly up,they lose credibility. Second,if they portrait the virus as a wide spread out of control pandemic,they run the risk of causing a panic. The world leaders are truly in a no son situation. Somewhere out there is the truth. I wish everyone the best of luck with this latest crisis,and hope to see and hear from you all in the coming months.
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Rellgar View Post
    No he is not. Its an underestimation. The collapse of our midical system and supply chain will multiply the deaths by 5 or 6 times what he estimated.
    Yes, worries about the medical system and the supply chain are not overblown. My daughter was recently here for a week and we talked about a book she had just read, "The Great Influenza," about the 1918 pandemic. At that time, not only was there a breakdown in the supply chain, but in the "death chain," i.e., there weren't enough people available to collect, let alone process, all the dead. People were literally trapped inside their homes with dead family members. I'm still hoping and praying for a good outcome, but things could potentially get very ugly.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    Don't know what to expect or believe, too many differing opinions and contradictory advice. Should have closed the borders decades ago.
    I think your thoughts are right on the money. We don’t really know what it is all about. Right now, my main concerns are my elderly parents and my diabetic wife. My secondary concern is if this virus is weaponized.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I think this is much more serious than is being portrayed. I am not a conspiracy person, but I think this is a biological agent introduced by Russia. Think of it, who are the biggest threats to Russia dominating the world scene.... That's right the US and the one who keeps our economy rolling and us theirs.... The Chinese!!!!

Look to Putin people.... He's the cause!
    Denton likes this.

Many people are still tuned out and completely clueless about this virus. The wife thinks it’s no big deal. My sister is still planning on a cruise in the near future. I went to the range on Sunday and two guys offered to shake my hand. Clueless! My mother is 90 and located 150 miles away living alone in a senior apartment. My clueless sister us supposed to be taking care of her. So far she has made zero preparations. Zero! I’m pulling my hair out trying to get her situated and stocked from long distance. If the virus doesn’t kill me I’m going to stroke out from dealing with stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Many people are still tuned out and completely clueless about this virus. The wife thinks it’s no big deal. My sister is still planning on a cruise in the near future. I went to the range on Sunday and two guys offered to shake my hand. Clueless! My mother is 90 and located 150 miles away living alone in a senior apartment. My clueless sister us supposed to be taking care of her. So far she has made zero preparations. Zero! I’m pulling my hair out trying to get her situated and stocked from long distance. If the virus doesn’t kill me I’m going to stroke out from dealing with stupidity.
    Hang in there brother, I'm praying for you!
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links