“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

This is a discussion on “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; 98% recovery rate sounds great, but a lot if people will die. I believe that in a closed door meeting yesterday Congressman were told that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

Super Moderator

98% recovery rate sounds great, but a lot if people will die. I believe that in a closed door meeting yesterday Congressman were told that this virus could infect 70-150 million people.
    2% of 70 mil is 1.4 million people!
    That's a little more than the flu!
    Take this seriously... at least for your older loved ones. You could be the person that gives the deadly virus to them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

As far as economic harm, it appears that Nancy, Chuck, and the gang are going to do everything possible to make this as painful as possible for Trump (and us the public). The swamp republicans are going to protect their donors and lobbyists and continue screwing us the public. Situation normal!
    Piratesailor and Denton like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I’ll repost this in case you missed it.

Ladies and gentleman, no matter what you think, no matter what the press or officials say, this is NOT the flu. Comparing it is like apples and oranges. yes, we are probably not told everything and that’s because of China not being forthcoming. Since it’s out wider now we hope that more information will come out. Like why is China mortality 3.4 and Italy over 5%?. We’ve also learned via research, which take time, that the virus can be viable in the air for longer than thought and can remain on plastics for days. Research that is developing information.

Btw, if yo want and comparison.. .it took the flu of 1918 12 months to reach is zenith. This is much faster and much more infectious. Yes, 95% of people that get it will recover. But, those that don’t will be in the 1-5 million range. And of that 95% 10-20% will swamp the hospitals.

Long article but worth reading.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
    Denton, Maine-Marine and BamaDOC like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Right now Italy is so overwhelmed that they have the horrible task of needing to decide who should get ICU/ Vent treatment and who does not. They have to base this on who would be most likely to survive. That is a really depressing situation to put these healthcare providers in, I truly feel for them. I am hoping that it does not come to that here in the USA. While we have great healthcare capabilities, any system can be overwhelmed.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post

Yes it is deadly, . . . but at the end of 2020, . . . there will be far more deaths from common flu or pneumonia than from this thing.

I'm taking precautions, . . . but I haven't sold the house and distributed to the next of kin as of yet.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    I think you are wrong... last year in the USA we had 34,000 flu deaths.

I think we will see more deaths from the covid19/wuhan virus... My guess by end of year - 3-4X the flu numbers

this travels fast and stupid people are taken their daughters to dances while infected.

2 weeks ago it was on the west coast.. today only 5 states do not have it
    Be a Berean

This is not my post but worth considering:

Swine Flu 2009-2010

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates_2009_h1n1.htm

The last administration waited 6 months before declaring national emergency

(CNN)Here's a look at the H1N1 influenza virus, also known as swine flu. There was a pandemic outbreak across the globe which lasted from 2009 to 2010.

Human cases of H1N1 from April 2009-April 2010:
    Fatalities in the United States - Estimated total is 12,469.
    Fatalities Worldwide - A 2012 study estimated a range between 151,700 and 575,400 deaths.

Swine Flu:
    Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by type A influenza virus in pigs. Swine flu outbreaks are common in pig herds, but generally the disease causes few deaths in pigs.

April 2009 - Swine influenza A (H1N1) virus is detected in a 10-year-old boy. CDC lab testing confirms the same virus in a second California child residing about 130 miles away from the first patient.

April 24, 2009 - The CDC issues an outbreak notice warning travelers of an increased health risk of swine flu in Central Mexico and Mexico City.

April 26, 2009 - The United States declares a public health emergency as cases of swine flu increase.

April 27, 2009 - World Health Organization (WHO) raises the influenza pandemic alert to a level 4, which means that there has been human-to-human transmission of the virus.

April 29, 2009 - WHO raises the influenza pandemic alert to a level 5, indicating sustained community-level outbreaks in two or more countries within the same region.

June 11, 2009 - WHO raises the influenza pandemic alert to a level 6. The outbreak is now being considered a global pandemic.

October 24, 2009 - US President Barack Obama declares the H1N1 outbreak a national emergency.

August 10, 2010 - WHO Director General Dr. Margaret Chan announces that the H1N1 outbreak has moved into the post-pandemic period.
    June 26, 2012 - A study published in the Lancet Infectious Diseases journal estimates that the global death toll from the pandemic ranges between 151,700 and 575,400.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...c...4/fulltext

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links