“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

This is a discussion on “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 Don't know what to expect or believe, too many differing opinions and contradictory advice. Should have closed the borders decades ago. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    Don't know what to expect or believe, too many differing opinions and contradictory advice. Should have closed the borders decades ago.
    Ding Ding Ding! Here it is in a nutshell. Studies show when people get conflicting reports (like we are getting from the media) they tend to panic. It's herd mentality.
    NewRiverGeorge likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I believe what MY president said tonight makes good sense, . . . and was well thought out.

As soon as he got done, . . . some slinky little asian "reporter" came on and sent every thing he said down the river, . . .

Crap, . . . if he had walked across the Hudson and handed her a 100% cure the little tramp would have complained that he didn't exert himself as much as he could have swimming.

The news media does not give him one inch on anything.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

He has now cut off all flights from Europa for 30 days!!!
    Inor and dwight55 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I respectfully disagree, and in less then 3 months you will also disagree with your current statement. Research and read about expodential growth of a virus and use the current death rate.

Here is a simple question. China reports 80,000 plus infections and two weeks ago they were at 75,000? Believe them? I don’t. They are trying to suggest it’s under control but live feeds in impacted cities still show no activity. I think they simply stopped reporting. That matters because the Dr, in the OP is right. It can’t be stopped. It’s going to overwhelm the health care system. This is a depression causing bug not a recession. Buckle up.
    Rellgar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellgar View Post
    I respectfully disagree, and in less then 3 months you will also disagree with your current statement. Research and read about expodential growth of a virus and use the current death rate.
    If your concern about Coronavirus causes you to want to be more prepared and self-sufficient, by all means embrace it and follow it wherever it leads. That is a damn good thing.

I am saying my wife and I have been at the prepping thing for a while and have most of our bases covered for what seems to be coming so far. Could that change? Absolutely. And we will deal with that as it evolves. But for now, the emotional, reactionary bullshit that is coming across most prepper sites related to Coronavirus seems to me to be just hype.

Your mileage may vary...
    Last edited by Inor; 03-11-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

OK, So now we have ceased all travel from Europe, shut down the Rodeo here in Houston and the NBA has canceled the rest of their season. We have the national guard moving in in some places, quaranteens, schools closing, etc. As I am seeing the numbers compared to your standard run of the mill flu I am asking why and if we are getting all the truth.

5000 dead worldwide out of 7.8 billion, mostly older people with underlying conditions, where as roughly 35,000 die each year in the U.S. alone from influenza that comes around every year. We have had SARS, MARS, Swine flu, etc. Hell, we even flew people in from Africa with Ebola for shits sake, with nowhere near this hype and panic. Given my distrusting nature, particularly of the government and MSM talking bobble heads, I got to ask, what does someone, somewhere, know that we don't and who is profiting?
    Last edited by Prepared One; 03-12-2020 at 06:11 AM.
    Inor and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

As of 0553 hrs this AM, . . . there has been a death rate of reported cases that hits 3.6%

Over 125K cases have been reported, . . . with over half of them having survived it and are now listed as cured.

Yes, . . . significantly higher % of death rate, . . . but just as a note, . . . in San Diego alone there were 86 reported standard flu deaths as of Feb 29, 2020.

John's Hopkins is putting the monitor on this for us, . . . and the below chart is their output.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -corona-031220-0553.jpg  

Prepared One and Inor like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Someone on here posted a good article last night on the statistics of this virus. The number of cases doubles every two days. So right now there aren’t many cases and few deaths. But do the math. 1000 cases yesterday. 2000 tomorrow. 4000 by sunday. 8000 on tuesday. Etc. At that rate of progression we will be in deep shit in a few weeks. The numbers will be overwhelming. So yes! Right now it’s no big deal. But if we don’t remove our heads from our rectums, we will all be in deep do-do soon.
    Mish likes this.

Sorry, right now, I am more concerned with how it's effecting the economy and a panicked population more then the infection rate. Lets remember that something like what? 98% of the people who will get this bug will recover. Yes it's highly infectious and spreads quickly, but the vast overwhelming majority of people who get it, will survive it having suffered only mild symptoms. Exercise flu season protocols and mitigate the risk as you would any flu season and odds are you will live long enough to watch the economy die a slow agonizing death
    Inor and dwight55 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links