“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

“Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

This is a discussion on “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.” within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; 124,000 known cases so far, . . . less than 5000 of which died, . . . over 66,000 already recovered, . . . Significantly ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: “Millions of Americans Could Get Sick or Die.”

124,000 known cases so far, . . . less than 5000 of which died, . . . over 66,000 already recovered, . . .

Significantly above the % of deaths with the common flu, . . . but still way below pandemic threshold.

Yes it is deadly, . . . but at the end of 2020, . . . there will be far more deaths from common flu or pneumonia than from this thing.

I'm taking precautions, . . . but I haven't sold the house and distributed to the next of kin as of yet.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Inor likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    https://apple.news/A5hxpSOLXSzGig8_5KtVGdA

De. Fauci seems certain this KungFlu thing is serious. I know it is deadly to the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, but is he overreacting?
    Trump is addressing the nation tonight, probably 9pm Eastern, so maybe we'll find out more then.
    And if what he says isn't accurate - at least we'll know what is being put out there as such.
    Denton likes this.
    Ready. You?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Trump is addressing the nation tonight, probably 9pm Eastern, so maybe we'll find out more then.
    And if what he says isn't accurate - at least we'll know what is being put out there as such.
    Looking forward to it, sister-girl!
    I’m laid up with a crapped-out back so I’ll get to hear it.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Today is a good day to die...

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Looking forward to it, sister-girl!
    I’m laid up with a crapped-out back so I’ll get to hear it.
    Hopefully it'll give info on the virus.

Reading this link...sounds more like it'll be financial based, which is also important to keep people from panicking, imo.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/co...ns/ar-BB113SFu
    Denton likes this.
    Ready. You?

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I don’t think he’s over reacting. I’ve looked at the numbers. He’s right.

Good article on it.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
    Denton and OrneryOldBat like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I heard a good point yesterday from an infectious disease researcher. He said that we couldn't rely on mortality rates from China because we're not Chinese. A lot of old men died in China because they were heavy smokers. To know what the mortality rate would look like in the US, we needed to look at where we had very unhealthy people. He called out obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes and predicted that we'd see more people in their 50s and 60s getting the severe, killing side effects.
    Denton likes this.
    Working on my manifesto.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OrneryOldBat View Post
    I heard a good point yesterday from an infectious disease researcher. He said that we couldn't rely on mortality rates from China because we're not Chinese. A lot of old men died in China because they were heavy smokers. To know what the mortality rate would look like in the US, we needed to look at where we had very unhealthy people. He called out obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes and predicted that we'd see more people in their 50s and 60s getting the severe, killing side effects.
    Trust no one.
    SGG and NewRiverGeorge like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

At what point should I shoot if a person is coughing and coming towards me?? How about someone wanting to shake hands?

The Chinese Coronavirus does have me concerned since I spend most of my life running through airports and living in hotels. But, when I consider it rationally, the fear level goes down about 3 notches. The news media (all news media not just CNN and MSLSD), have a stake in making this bad as they possibly can. If people are scared, they watch the news to get information. If they are watching the news, the media's ad revenue goes through the roof. The medical industrial complex has a stake in making this as bad as they possibly can. It makes it a whole lot easier to get huge grants to study the virus if people are scared. Follow the money.

Is the virus a problem and something we need to watch? Certainly. Is it a crisis? No. At the time I write this, 38 people have died from it in the entire U.S. since it started in December. You are safer from Coronavirus over a three month period of time than you are in Chicago over a three DAY period of time!

That being said, I am not a fool. I do not go to Chicago over a weekend (especially a long weekend). I am going back home to AZ for a few weeks tomorrow and will just hole up for a while until the hype dies down a bit. A little common sense and perspective goes a LONG way in a situation like this.
    dwight55, SOCOM42 and Prepared One like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links