Thanks!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thanks!

This is a discussion on Thanks! within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; As you may or may not know, a good friend of ours, RubberDuck lost his mom to cancer a little over a week ago. We ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Thanks!

Thanks!

As you may or may not know, a good friend of ours, RubberDuck lost his mom to cancer a little over a week ago. We all threw a shout out to the gang on Outdoor Trading Post ("The Orange Site"), a sister site to Prepper Forums to get the Duck and his family a plant to let them know we are praying for them.

The response was overwhelming to say the least. Normally I do not cross-post, but Denton asked that I post this effort on both sites.

So this is what I put up on The Orange Site tonight...

Hey ya'll

The envelopes started showing up this week. After the last time we did this, my expectations were pretty high for the response %. But there was no way I was prepared for how generous you guys were! You guys are the BEST!!!

The last time we checked the PO box, I think there were 5 that showed up. Those exceeded the cost of the plant (not including what XXXX and I are throwing in).

So, what I think I am going to do, is cover the cost of the plant, then donate the rest in Duck's mom's name to the St. Jude Cancer Research people, unless somebody else has a better suggestion. St Jude just seems to me to be one of the better cancer places in terms of dollars actually going to patients.

I am going to wait until I get home next weekend to do the donation as I know of at least 5 more envelopes that are coming in. (The last time XXXX checked the mailbox was Wednesday, so they may be there now.) I'll get them all bundled up next weekend and give ya'll a final accounting.

I do not know what to say, you guys are freakin' awesome! Thanks!!!

Duck - If you ever wonder about REAL friends on the interwebs, just give me a shout. These pricks have your back completely. They are the best group of ladies and gentlemen ever assembled.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

The Good Cop

I pledged an amount, but you never sent me your address.
    I think I have your PO Box written down somewhere, but where?

PM me please!!
    Inor, RubberDuck and Renec like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Ducky is one of my favorites and I hate it about his Mom.

St. Judes is dear to my family’s heart. No child should have to deal with cancer, but can you imagine being poor and learning your precious child has it?

Let’s chip in, in honor of Ducky’s Mom. Please.
    Inor, RubberDuck, Renec and 2 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Haven't had a chance to send you the money but it will be on its way post haste. Put it in the pot for St. Judes.

*Little known Squatch fact* He was born at St. Judes.
    Denton, Inor, RubberDuck and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Great folks on both sites.

Yes I believe the Rubberducks mother would be beaming with pride over the donation to St Judes.
    @RubberDuck
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    My vote is for St Judes.....I hope you received, or postal service isn’t the best here....
    Last edited by rstanek; 03-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.
    Inor, Denton and RubberDuck like this.

I must have missed the call out. We have a St Jude here in Houston and I understand they are a great organization. I can make a donation in the Ducks name from here.
    Denton, Inor and RubberDuck like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    My vote is for St Judes.....I hope you received, or postal service isn’t the best here....
    Yep, got it! Thanks!
    Denton and RubberDuck like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Not sure how I missed this you guys are all great and appreciate what everyone has done y'all make it hard to protect your reputations
    St.Judes is perfect and would make Mom very happy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RubberDuck; 03-08-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Denton, hawgrider, Inor and 4 others like this.

Deepest condolences. Prayers of comfort headed up.
    RubberDuck and Inor like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links