Need some IT geek help - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need some IT geek help

This is a discussion on Need some IT geek help within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Sas, if you resort the the gun safe option, save the old printer. After you purchase its replacement, take the new printer to the back ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Need some IT geek help

Sas, if you resort the the gun safe option, save the old printer. After you purchase its replacement, take the new printer to the back yard and show it the blown up carcass of it’s predecessor. Make sure it understands the consequences of misbehavior.
    Sasquatch and paulag1955 like this.

My plan is different, . . .

When they get to where I cannot make em work like they used to or like I want em to, . . . I just go to the local gizmo shop and buy a new one.

The old one goes up into the attic, . . . to gather dust forever, . . . no cables, no electricity, and not near each other.

I am not sure, . . . but I believe there is still a wireless connection between those in isolation and those in operation, . . . cause it seems that each generation of operation seems to have learned that they can get banished, . . . so they seem to try harder.

Works for me anyway, . . . so that's it, . . . you got my story, . . . and I'm sticking with it, . . . will even print it if I have to.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Slowly walk the printer to the back yard, keep smiling and make eye contact. And for the love of god, don't let it see the gun in your hand. Remember, you want it to think everything will be OK.
    Heh heh heh...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Maybe a dumb question that you’ve already addressed.

My printer is also wireless. We can print from our laptops wirelessly but the printer itself is plugged into the router.

Try plugging the printer directly into the router and then adding it via windows (what ever version you have). Also if it’s a “older” printer you may be see it whe adding the printer. There is an option for that and I think it’s actually, “add and older printer”.

Good luck!!!!

If all else fails.. drop kick it. Shooting it too loud in the house. But if you do shoot it.. be safe and use ear and eye protection.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    And just be careful.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

The question I have to ask is... what changed during the move?
    Laptop settings?
    Printer settings?
    Router or its settings? (new ISP perhaps, thus potentially new router)

Hopefully you've got this figured out by now, but whenever I diagnose tech issues, this is where I always start. *Something* is normally different, but forgotten.
    Sasquatch and Denton like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    The question I have to ask is... what changed during the move?
    Laptop settings?
    Printer settings?
    Router or its settings? (new ISP perhaps, thus potentially new router)

Hopefully you've got this figured out by now, but whenever I diagnose tech issues, this is where I always start. *Something* is normally different, but forgotten.
    There is a new router BUT this issue started right before we moved it. Our initial thought was the little one and her friends happened by it and pressed a bunch of buttons. HN cant find the manual so I might have to see if I can DL it from the HP site.

First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    There is a new router BUT this issue started right before we moved it. Our initial thought was the little one and her friends happened by it and pressed a bunch of buttons. HN cant find the manual so I might have to see if I can DL it from the HP site.

Looks like your down to a Geek Squad service call from Best Buy, huh?
    Sasquatch likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Looks like your down to a Geek Squad service call from Best Buy, huh?
    I'll just buy a new one if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Clarifying question....
    This issue with the printer not being found on the network happened BEFORE the move, but with the new router, AFTER having worked with the new router?
    If I understand correctly, the move itself had nothing to do with the issue springing up, right?
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links