CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF

This is a discussion on CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Piratesailor Ah.. I was just thinking “it’s allergy season” and people will be sneezing right and left. Might make for some humor.. ...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Ah.. I was just thinking “it’s allergy season” and people will be sneezing right and left. Might make for some humor.. maybe not.
    With a cough I bet you can clear the 10 Items or less lane at the grocery store.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Just to put this in perspective:

(Not my original work, copies from another forum)

Human cases of H1N1 from April 2009-April 2010:

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates_2009_h1n1.htm

The last administration waited 6 months before declaring national emergency

(CNN)Here's a look at the H1N1 influenza virus, also known as swine flu. There was a pandemic outbreak across the globe which lasted from 2009 to 2010.

Human cases of H1N1 from April 2009-April 2010:
    Fatalities in the United States - Estimated total is 12,469.
    Fatalities Worldwide - A 2012 study estimated a range between 151,700 and 575,400 deaths.

Swine Flu:
    Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by type A influenza virus in pigs. Swine flu outbreaks are common in pig herds, but generally the disease causes few deaths in pigs.

April 2009 - Swine influenza A (H1N1) virus is detected in a 10-year-old boy. CDC lab testing confirms the same virus in a second California child residing about 130 miles away from the first patient.

April 24, 2009 - The CDC issues an outbreak notice warning travelers of an increased health risk of swine flu in Central Mexico and Mexico City.

April 26, 2009 - The United States declares a public health emergency as cases of swine flu increase.

April 27, 2009 - World Health Organization (WHO) raises the influenza pandemic alert to a level 4, which means that there has been human-to-human transmission of the virus.

April 29, 2009 - WHO raises the influenza pandemic alert to a level 5, indicating sustained community-level outbreaks in two or more countries within the same region.

June 11, 2009 - WHO raises the influenza pandemic alert to a level 6. The outbreak is now being considered a global pandemic.

October 24, 2009 - US President Barack Obama declares the H1N1 outbreak a national emergency.

August 10, 2010 - WHO Director General Dr. Margaret Chan announces that the H1N1 outbreak has moved into the post-pandemic period.
    June 26, 2012 - A study published in the Lancet Infectious Diseases journal estimates that the global death toll from the pandemic ranges between 151,700 and 575,400.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...c...4/fulltext

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fangfarrier; 03-17-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Ah.. I was just thinking “it’s allergy season” and people will be sneezing right and left. Might make for some humor.. maybe not.
    I haven't been able to breath for a month with all the green dust all over everything. I hate this time of the year in Texas.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Here is a better chart to look at. The virus peaked Feb 4.
    Stats can be used to invoke fear. This chart, epi style, shows its declining.
    Other charts just keep adding to induce fear.
    https://www.futurehealth.live/blog/2...maps-are-wrong
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Here is a better chart to look at. The virus peaked Feb 4.
    Stats can be used to invoke fear. This chart, epi style, shows its declining.
    Other charts just keep adding to induce fear.
    https://www.futurehealth.live/blog/2...maps-are-wrong
    Be aware of the fudging of figures going on.
    The U.K. stopped testing the population and started only testing those in hospital. They’re repeating tests on negative people to ensure they still are. The test only tests for who actively has it not who HAS had it.
    Only South Korea’s numbers are worth looking at. This is why the WHO is imploring people to test, test, test.

Chiefster23 likes this.

US vs Italy. Wait until a week after spring break finishes.

SGG likes this.

Congratulations US!
    You’re in top position in the world for “new cases in a single day”!

1. USA 2693
    2. Australia 214
    3. Thailand 168
    4. S Korea 98
    5. Philippines 73
    6. Argentina 67
    7. Mexico 48
    8. China 46
    9. Austria 32
    10. Armenia 30

Yes. The USA had more cases yesterday than the next 24 countries in the list combine and over 10% of the new cases in the whole world.

You are now 3rd in the world for cases. Only China and Italy have more cases.

Wait for the Spring Break explosion next week!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Last edited by fangfarrier; 03-22-2020 at 03:43 AM.

What are the numbers per capita. Thats more realistic.
    And what are the percentages for death?
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

I’ll try and work that out for you.

In the meantime

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-outbreak.html

Steve40th likes this.

81.4 cases per million overall

But massive variations state by state. NY looks to be hit hard with 663 per million whereas West Virginia is only 7.02 per million.

With the sudden increase in cases the fatality rate is 1.3%
    But if you look at concluded cases (recovered or dead) 526 cases have been concluded with 178 recovered and 348 deaths so twice as likely to die as to recover at the moment BUT it takes a lot longer to recover than to die. That figure will alter wildly in 2-3 weeks as more people recover and the balance is tipped back.

Again the rate of increase is faster than exponential.

A Watchman and Mish like this.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links