CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF

This is a discussion on CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Yeah Beck has been talking about this for a couple weeks. Your just in a state of denial if you think it won't. The only ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: CDC Virus Spread in USA WHEN not IF

Yeah Beck has been talking about this for a couple weeks. Your just in a state of denial if you think it won't. The only question it how bad it will get, here.
    Last edited by Chipper; 02-25-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Devil's advocate reporting for duty....

Why the excitement when something like 320% more die from the flu each year? And, it always kills the most vulnerable...the aged or already sick with respiratory conditions.

Carry on....
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post

Why the excitement when something like 320% more die from the flu each year? And, it always kills the most vulnerable...the aged or already sick with respiratory conditions.

Carry on....
    I tend to agree with you however there are some numbers to keep in mind. IF.. and I say IF you believe the CDC and the virologist statement that 40-70% of the population will contract the virus then the numbers out strip the flu by quite a bit. And a key word with the flu.. it’s seasonal and this isn’t.

At the low end of 40% then 146 million people would be infected. With a mortality rate of 2% there would be in the area of 3 million people dead. That’s in the US alone. I think the mortality rate for the flu is about 3% +/- with 80,000 people dying In the 2017/18 season (which was very high.. almost 2x the norm)

Basically the hospitals and medical system would not be able to handle the raw numbers of people infected and that turn critical.

At that point the fear contagion takes over.

And.. all this is speculation on the part of the CDC. I’m really waiting to see what corroborated research tells us about the virus, mortality and how contagious.

But with that said, I’m “prepared”.. just in case.
    Denton and inceptor like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Carry on....
    How do you know the mortality rate of the Kung Flu? Info from the Chinese government?
    If this were less lethal than the flu, why did the Chinese react as it did? What does it know?
    Chiefster23 and Piratesailor like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    How do you know the mortality rate of the Kung Flu? Info from the Chinese government?
    If this were less lethal than the flu, why did the Chinese react as it did? What does it know?
    Exactly. And now that the virus is out in the open.. I’d like to see corroborated studies and more information on mortality.. not what the chicoms tell us (which is probably BS)

Edit.. if 50m people in china were quarantined, and 40% were infected...with a 2% mortality the deaths would be 400,000 not 3,000.
    Last edited by Piratesailor; 02-25-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Well Mr. Devil,

More do die of drunk driving, cancer, certainly heart disease and the flue. However none of them are contagious, have a two week incubation during which it can be spread, and a death rate of 2% for all and higher for seniors. None of those went from zero in October 2019 to 100,000 by the end of February 2020, and not one of those kicked a bull market in the butt to 8% already ( in two days ). Do I need to go Dear Mr. Devil?

If the same stats of the cruise ship hit America you will have 56 million impacted and 1.1 million die and that is just the USA.

Carry on....

FYI my semi retired status of financial advisor had me get my clients to increase cash from Stocks 5% in December and 10% more in January. This was not due to the virus it’s because we all enjoyed 40% gains last year and wanted to secure some of that. Late January and early Feb the bug scared me enough to go 25% more cash total 45% by 2/14. Now they (clients) all know why. This won’t be over quick but good signs will give the market a boost. Watch for them.

I don't think this is the end of the world, we're talking about the flu here. The biggest threat is the disruption that's going to be caused from all the people freaking out because the media tells them too. The run on medical supplies has spread to survival food, wonder what will be next.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I don't think this is the end of the world, we're talking about the flu here. The biggest threat is the disruption that's going to be caused from all the people freaking out because the media tells them too. The run on medical supplies has spread to survival food, wonder what will be next.
    Beer!

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    As soon as a vaccine is developed and this bug is cured, watch the stock market blow past 30000.......

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links