License plate mounting
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

License plate mounting

This is a discussion on License plate mounting within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; License plate question. I know some states will give you a ticket if a motorcycle license plate is mounted Vertical rather than horizontal. Some do ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: License plate mounting

License plate mounting

License plate question. I know some states will give you a ticket if a motorcycle license plate is mounted Vertical rather than horizontal. Some do this to make it look cool. Yea I don't get it either. My question is on a trailer how would your state treat a plated mounted vertical ?
    My new trailer has the holes for mounting in the the vertical position rather than Horizontal like your car is.
    I really do make an effort to comply with the law . I will not give them a reason to stop me.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Good question, never thought about it.

I'll have to look this up. Seems I remember that Florida offered a Vertical Plate a few years ago but I don't ride nor own a motorcycle so I don't keep up with this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    At my house, horizontal is the way it is, included putting the license plate on my motorcycle....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Per https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/v...alidation.aspx

State law requires that when WisDOT issues two license plates, both plates must be attached to the vehicle; one on the front and one on the rear. The plates must be maintained in a legible condition and displayed so that they can be seen and read. License plate brackets that cover any part of the readable message on a license plate are illegal.
    I guess 'can be seen and read' would be open to interpretation.

The stickers must be 'right side up'

State law also requires that you place registration month and year stickers on the rear license plate in the manner directed by WisDOT. Stickers:

Must be affixed to the REAR license plate, right side up.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Will not fly here unless it is on an out of state plate.

All of the plate must show, no plate holders allowed such as those put on by dealers.

Use the holes for a bracket to mount it horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Will not fly here unless it is on an out of state plate.

All of the plate must show, no plate holders allowed such as those put on by dealers.

Use the holes for a bracket to mount it horizontal.
    Figure that I will drill new holes when time comes. I know a few states went nuts over motorcycles doing it.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

If'n ya drive fast enough, you don't need to steenkin' plates.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    If'n ya drive fast enough, you don't need to steenkin' plates.
    Seen a few try that plan. It was not well though out and did not end well. I had never given it a lot of though. I would never mount one on a bike Vertical . I was just looking at the trailer and notice how it was set up. I do not need a plate in Wisconsin. But if I leave the state I do. It will be leaving the state.

The law in Washington:

"Attached in a horizontal position at a distance of not more than four feet from the ground."
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Seen a few try that plan. It was not well though out and did not end well. I had never given it a lot of though. I would never mount one on a bike Vertical . I was just looking at the trailer and notice how it was set up. I do not need a plate in Wisconsin. But if I leave the state I do. It will be leaving the state.
    How will you get one if the state doesn't issue/require them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links