Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

...let it snow, let it snow...

3K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Smitty901 
#1 ·
Once again our local weather fornicator was off by several country miles. He checked his Magic Eight-Ball and announced that the bad weather would not start in my area until after the noon hour. I got up at first light and the blizzard was already under way.

(I'm writing this from our breakfast nook, and it's getting worse by the minute).

Well, it's about six or seven miles down a straight four-lane highway to the mall and numerous restaurants. The F-150 doesn't even burp during snowstorms like this. But I'll admit, it's getting harder and harder to see the neighbor's houses as time marches on. Looks like we're getting bigger and bigger snowflakes.

#3 ·
I love a good snow storm. Got the fire going and just got done with a great breakfast, bacon, eggs and hash browns. Set the Lee press up and have couple thousand 9mm to reload for practice ammo. After I catch up on a few fishin shows I have recorded. Will plow once it stops snowing. Looking forward to spring shooting, fishing and getting out on the bikes.

#4 ·
Snowing all morning. We went to town had breakfast, then church. Roads were not to bad. large flakes coming down now 28 degrees.

#5 ·
Once again our local weather fornicator was off by several country miles. He checked his Magic Eight-Ball and announced that the bad weather would not start in my area until after the noon hour. I got up at first light and the blizzard was already under way.
Once again-- If you don't want to have to rely on your local fornicator, I recommend RadarScope and Windy as two apps that put you in the driver's seat with respect to you yourself knowing what's going on.

#6 ·
Still coming down. I am not firing up the ATV plow until it stops.

#7 ·
Just started snowing here about an hour ago.

Snowblower is all set and ready for my daughter to work, she loves using it!

Will see what is left for us in the morning.

Did not get to see the weather, too busy repairing phone lines today.

Not to worry we will get whatever comes.

#11 ·
We got the full 7 inches they called for and then some. It was light and fluffy stuff, but wet underneath so slippery to walk on and plow. All is good another day.

#12 ·
@Smitty901, yup, same here. We must be just close enough to be part of the same storm system.

Keep that in mind in case of serious weather. I live in suburbia, we always have lots of food, and I can polish your knife while you sleep in the guest room...LOL

#14 ·
We are

#15 ·
I still went out and got some supplies to hand shelves with.
I feel the same way. Now, my wife has a 4WD but it's an SUV, and in Wisconsin you'll probably drag the belly-pan if the roads get bad. The city of Sun Prairie uses a dartboard to decide on who gets plowed and when.

So, I take good care of my F-150. When I had the tires installed I wanted the 'lift' a tad higher, but not like the kids jack them up. You can get into my cab without using ropes and carabiners. I think the tires that are on her are only an inch, maybe two, over stock.

Then again, we just checked out stock--and we're running out of room...

#16 ·
Thursday snow and 4 below zero now we are into some normal 2nd week of February weather.

Reactions: tuffy_chick_13
#18 ·
It is cold out this morning 18 below zero this morning in our driveway. The snow that came is now hard as a rock. Not the coldest it ever gets but no madder where you are 18 below is cold. It is amazing how the cars we have today start in this weather. No block heaters needed. No chargers on the battery to keep them up. Just hit the start button and they fire right up. You don't have to go back to many years and anything not in a heat garage was no going to start. If someone forgot to plug the block heater in you were not going to make it to work. Heck many would not start even if plugged in. Brand new batteries would not even turn over the engine. Don't even think about starting the Polaris this morning . The CanAms will be just fine. This is how February goes out.
On a morning like this the Dogs do not stay out long and that first cup of coffee is so much better.

#24 ·
Woke up this morning to 9 degrees. Now I realize that many of you are experiencing much worse that this, but this is pretty cold for me. I bundled up heavy and went off to help at the club polar bear shoot. Thankfully there were already too many volunteers there already. I reported in and verified that they were already overstaffed, and then went home to my warm living room. I HATE COLD WEATHER!

#26 ·
It has snowed all day here. It was light most of the time .

#28 ·
well it was 7 below zero this morning when Payton and I left for school. My bigger dog went out but Payton's little dog was not going out that door

#30 ·
Same here in Houston.

#33 ·
The weather seems to have away of averaging it's self out. We had a very mild winter. On the way out it is playing catch up. No and off snow , not a lot at a time but it is adding up. Cold streaks for a few days in a row on and off. Looks like more of the same heading into March. By the time we call winter over I am betting we will not be to far off average,
19 degrees this morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.