...let it snow, let it snow... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

...let it snow, let it snow...

This is a discussion on ...let it snow, let it snow... within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We got the full 7 inches they called for and then some. It was light and fluffy stuff, but wet underneath so slippery to walk ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ...let it snow, let it snow...

We got the full 7 inches they called for and then some. It was light and fluffy stuff, but wet underneath so slippery to walk on and plow. All is good another day.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

@Smitty901, yup, same here. We must be just close enough to be part of the same storm system.

Keep that in mind in case of serious weather. I live in suburbia, we always have lots of food, and I can polish your knife while you sleep in the guest room...LOL
    Smitty901 likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

We got about 7 inches as well but that’s nothing. I still went out and got some supplies to hand shelves with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    @Smitty901, yup, same here. We must be just close enough to be part of the same storm system.

Keep that in mind in case of serious weather. I live in suburbia, we always have lots of food, and I can polish your knife while you sleep in the guest room...LOL
    We are

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy_chick_13 View Post
    I still went out and got some supplies to hand shelves with.
    I feel the same way. Now, my wife has a 4WD but it's an SUV, and in Wisconsin you'll probably drag the belly-pan if the roads get bad. The city of Sun Prairie uses a dartboard to decide on who gets plowed and when.

So, I take good care of my F-150. When I had the tires installed I wanted the 'lift' a tad higher, but not like the kids jack them up. You can get into my cab without using ropes and carabiners. I think the tires that are on her are only an inch, maybe two, over stock.

Then again, we just checked out stock--and we're running out of room...
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Thursday snow and 4 below zero now we are into some normal 2nd week of February weather.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I feel the same way. Now, my wife has a 4WD but it's an SUV, and in Wisconsin you'll probably drag the belly-pan if the roads get bad. The city of Sun Prairie uses a dartboard to decide on who gets plowed and when.

So, I take good care of my F-150. When I had the tires installed I wanted the 'lift' a tad higher, but not like the kids jack them up. You can get into my cab without using ropes and carabiners. I think the tires that are on her are only an inch, maybe two, over stock.

Then again, we just checked out stock--and we're running out of room...
    I was in a front wheel drive Focus during the worst of it is Wausau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is cold out this morning 18 below zero this morning in our driveway. The snow that came is now hard as a rock. Not the coldest it ever gets but no madder where you are 18 below is cold. It is amazing how the cars we have today start in this weather. No block heaters needed. No chargers on the battery to keep them up. Just hit the start button and they fire right up. You don't have to go back to many years and anything not in a heat garage was no going to start. If someone forgot to plug the block heater in you were not going to make it to work. Heck many would not start even if plugged in. Brand new batteries would not even turn over the engine. Don't even think about starting the Polaris this morning . The CanAms will be just fine. This is how February goes out.
    On a morning like this the Dogs do not stay out long and that first cup of coffee is so much better.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    5:00 am , it is -19
    Smitty901 likes this.

Yep, have the wood stove full and burning hot but the LP furnace is still kicking on. BBrrr.

-16 here but suppose to be 10 by this afternoon. Good thing the polar plunge events are next weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links