Google Home - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Home

This is a discussion on Google Home within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Maine-Marine Just bought 2 new Google Home Minis on shopgoodwill.com. Have one in the kitchen for music, have not set up the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Google Home

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Just bought 2 new Google Home Minis on shopgoodwill.com. Have one in the kitchen for music, have not set up the 2nd one yet.

Need to buy some wifi lights and plug ins... bidding on a nest thermostat right now

I Think we will see smart homes in the very near future
    You're going to hear a lot of "They are spying on you and listening in. I would never have one of those". Thing is, the same people that say that have a phone that can do the exact same thing. Yet they are happy to carry that around with them all day everyday.
    SOCOM42 and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I know any of these smart devices are spying I am constantly getting advertisements of crap that I talk about or watch on tv bad enough I have a stupid smart phone to spy on me I will never have one of those speaker spys in my house

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    You're going to hear a lot of "They are spying on you and listening in. I would never have one of those". Thing is, the same people that say that have a phone that can do the exact same thing. Yet they are happy to carry that around with them all day everyday.
    I don't have a smart phone and never will!

On another note, outside of the two likes yesterday, there were two on 5-28-18 for a response to your question and one on 11-20-19.

That is in the last 1,530 postings!
    Denton, Sasquatch and MountainGirl like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Up here all this really isn't an issue... but I'm not so worried anymore about being gov 'watched' etc... or even what data Google et al marketers collect on me. (They already do and pffft to them.)

But, IF I lived in town - I wouldn't have an interconnected smart-home device that could be hacked by the punk in his mommy's basement next door...who could shut my lights off as easily as I turned them on remotely.
    Slippy likes this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    And so here we all are, worried our our privacy, getting hacked or whatever as we click keys on our computers participating on a social media platform in an program that is probably being monitored because of all those key words picked of by those algorithmy things.....are we just the Hippocrates.....
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    .......are we just the Hippocrates.....

We're all Greek Classical period physicians?
    Maine-Marine and Inor like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Ok, hypocrites, damn spellcheck, I hope this isn’t to confusing for to whom it my concern.....

Ok, hypocrites, damn spellcheck, I hope this isn’t to confusing for to whom it my concern.....
    LOL we all knew what you meant. BPH just like to correct everybody.

And, you're a good man for making your home safer for you and your family. Protecting them takes priority, imo.

I understand the privacy issue, but I have nothing to hide, I’m sure the feds have bigger fish to fry then a washed up Construction Contractor.....I have an Alexa from amazon, along with Phillips Hue lighting, with Alexa home guard and the lighting, I never walk up to a dark house nor do I enter a dark house, so my safety far outways my paranoia of being listened to, plus it plays music with very good sound.....by the way, if you have a cellphone, you can also be listened to as well as seen....food for thought......

Each his own, I have two cell phones, a Facebook account, and a You Tube account.
    I am recorded every moment of the day, from driving on the highway (traffic cams), to walking in a store (every door has a camera), to the ATM machine, and EVERY time you buy some cold medicines...
    I also remember that during the investigation of that PUNK ASS lowlife JUssie whatever his name is "that there was film footage of him leaving his motel room, going to subway, everything he did wit the execption of like two minutes".
    A guy cant even pick his nose, or adjust his sack, because we are always on camera.
    rstanek, I am with you. I don't worry bout it too much.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Each his own, I have two cell phones, a Facebook account, and a You Tube account.
    I am recorded every moment of the day, from driving on the highway (traffic cams), to walking in a store (every door has a camera), to the ATM machine, and EVERY time you buy some cold medicines...
    I also remember that during the investigation of that PUNK ASS lowlife JUssie whatever his name is "that there was film footage of him leaving his motel room, going to subway, everything he did wit the execption of like two minutes".
    A guy cant even pick his nose, or adjust his sack, because we are always on camera.
    rstanek, I am with you. I don't worry bout it too much.
    Hey deebs, I have a question for you (and @rstanek and everyone else too - )
    WHEN the armed revolution starts in AZ, VA or elsewhere....
    Are you going to unplug from online?
    I'm not sure which way to go here.
    On the one hand, it would be good to keep informed as much as possible...
    But on the other hand - it might be, and likely would be, all false information.
    Especially now with 5G & AI - everything and anything can be created and broadcast to look real... including 'important local messages for patriots', etc.
    All thoughts welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links