good 'ole winter weather
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

good 'ole winter weather

This is a discussion on good 'ole winter weather within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Got check my tow ropes and winch cable over today. Make sure I've got plenty of road flares and such. Supposed to have freezing drizzle ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: good 'ole winter weather

good 'ole winter weather

Got check my tow ropes and winch cable over today. Make sure I've got plenty of road flares and such. Supposed to have freezing drizzle and snow here on Sunday, so I get to spend the day playing in it, pulling folks out of ditches.
    TG, just mike and Denton like this.

Yep, winter is just around the corner. But as I have gotten older, I have learned to appreciate all four seasons for what they are. Makes life more interesting I think.
    TG, ntxwheels and NZKiwi like this.

My parents took me along to Jamaica once for Christmas. It was a good vacation, but it wasn't Christmas. Makes me wonder why someone would want to live in a place with no snow. And all that fresh green and floeers of spring. Fall's trees on fire... I agree. Life with no seasons isn't a real life. I'd be bored to death.

Of course I'd reconsider if my rich uncle wanted to give me a private island and the sailboat to go with it :D
    TG, ntxwheels and Moonshinedave like this.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

TG

Light gentle snow is falling here, in Toronto.. not enough yet, can't wait to wake up one morning and see snow everywhere My hubby wants to move to Florida haha NEVER!!!
    ntxwheels and Moonshinedave like this.

I was raised in Wisconsin and lived over 2/3 of my life in ILLannoyed. While I like snow, at some point in your later years, snow becomes more of a detriment. As I sit outside in the warm sun of Arizona or later sit outside in the warm evening and watch the stars before going to bed, I feel so sorry for my friends stuck in the snow, trying to start their snow blower, or slowly digging out their driveway. Sometimes I notice a smile spreading across my face as I think about them. I know, my bad!
    Attachment 7948
    Slippy, TG, Arklatex and 3 others like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I wanted to buy a tow rope because I have the front hooks on my Chevrolet. But I don't want to beat on my truck its old. So ill mind my own business. Too many different people moved into this town. They should just build a police station at the scotrun exit. They are always finding coke and AK's at that exit. Few days ago it was twelve pounds of pot.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    I was raised in Wisconsin and lived over 2/3 of my life in ILLannoyed. While I like snow, at some point in your later years, snow becomes more of a detriment. As I sit outside in the warm sun of Arizona or later sit outside in the warm evening and watch the stars before going to bed, I feel so sorry for my friends stuck in the snow, trying to start their snow blower, or slowly digging out their driveway. Sometimes I notice a smile spreading across my face as I think about them. I know, my bad!
    Attachment 7948
    That comic is hilarious
    Denton likes this.

But true!
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I live in the Northeast and we're expecting our first snowfall in the morning - just grassy areas. However, despite the cold, shoveling, energy-sucking winter... i still love it! I grew up in Southern California where there are no seasons. Having Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall as distinct seasons is a joy to me. About the time I've had enough of a season, a new one comes along!

I'm looking forward to winter - I've prepped for it and will enjoy it!
    TG likes this.
    When the zombies eat you, can I have your stuff?

Im from Maine originally but moved to Southern California in 1971 and have hated it ever since.... there is no snow here, Its brown all the time.. I cant wait till next year to get up to Oregon where there is some water and snow in the winter..
    TG likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links