Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America?

30K views 262 replies 54 participants last post by  ANGWife 
#1 ·
What have you done to prep for this, if anything?

#256 ·
It is getting crazy here, a week ago we had 1 case, 3 days ago it was 83, yesterday is was 138 cases.

There was a speculation on local news that cases will triple in a week.

Most schools, are either closed or closing, with each act the rush on food and TP happens.

The guv declares a state of emergency and the sheep stampede some more.

The largest school system in the state, U Mass, has online for students only, no campus presence, effecting 40,000 I think.

A friend works there and he is still going to the lab every day, ghost town he said.

No doubt the panic and cases will increase over the next couple of weeks, along with the sheeps insanity.

Found an unopened case of a gallon of lab grade ethyl alcohol @ 95% for my lab experiments,

don't need to use the 190 proof drinking stuff for anymore sanitizer.

#257 ·
taking it very serious.... since I have asthma. Also read in the news today that the state of Texas may recommend cancelling the remaining school session but will leave it up to the local school districts.

and on that fine news.... my wife informed me this morning that one of the daughter has symptoms and will be getting tested today. We weren't exposed to her thankfully but we're being cautious. We are hoping it's just a normal flu/bug and not covid. She's young (mid-30's) and healthy so we feel good about her health and risk level. It's those around her.

Reactions: Denton
#261 ·
I stopped at Petco last nite at 7:30 pm. The store had no shoppers and was very well stocked. I bought the pet food there and cancelled chewy this morning.
I stopped into a regional (local) grocery store this morning right at opening time. The store was busy but very well stocked. The only thing I couldn’t get was raisin cookies. Can’t go thru a lock down without raisin cookies!

#262 ·
I'm glad I made the decision a few years ago to start prepping and I'm darn sure glad I read the warning signs correctly back in January and started getting ready for this mess. Sunday I went to Krogers, the fresh meat dept, canned goods, and frozen foods looked like a swarm of locusts had gone through. I didn't even bother checking the toilet paper, hand sanitizer, or wipes dept. Additionally I saw pictures posted from our local Academy where ammunition appears to be as scarce as toilet paper is. Settle in folks, its going to be a rough few weeks.

#263 ·
Funny to read this now that we are a few months in since it was posted. As someone else said, I am glad I started prepping years ago and had foresight with this back in January. I started adding some things to my supplies that were lacking. I was scheduled for surgery March 5, so I knew I would be down for a fee weeks and unable to do anything so I did even more prepping in Feb before it was on “normal folks” radars. Good thing, because then went batshit crazy a few weeks later and wiped out the stores (like most of us here always knew they would if something “bad” happened).

As I am high risk (asthma), I ordered extra meds in Feb as well as stocked up on flu/cold meds, ibuprofen, extra gloves and first aid supplies. I did not want to have to leave the house if necessary. I we t through my supplies and took inventory. Fast forward to today, hubby hit a grocery store this am for a couple things and there was a line out the door and around the side! Sent me a pic and I said gtfo of there! Didn’t want him anywhere near it. Technically, we would be fine without the things he was buying as we have food stored.

The thing that has bothered/concerned me is how everyone is blaming “hoarders” for the shelves being bare. They are trying to blame preppers imo and that is bullshit. Many of us have been prepping for YEARS, so we were the ones NOT in the store when the shelves were wiped out during their panic buying. We were already prepared! And to hear people say we should not have gloves or masks... again, I bought mine YEARS ago. I bought one box of gloves in Feb as I was having surgery and hubby was going to have to help with dressings. If everyone was better prepared and had some good/supplies stored BEFORE a pandemic (or hurricane/blizzard etc), there would not be all the panic buying and craziness (one would hope anyway). I hope people start to see it is important to be prepared in advance of issues. Just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.