How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America? - Page 26
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America?

This is a discussion on How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 Both my parents smoked while I was growing up, and my sister started smoking as a teen. It never appealed to ...

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree575Likes

Thread: How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Both my parents smoked while I was growing up, and my sister started smoking as a teen. It never appealed to me. My father quit cold turkey when I was around 15. If you can believe it, my sister didn't even quit after watching our mother die of emphysema. She did finally quit, though, when she married a guy who was a heart/lung transplant recipient. (And if any of you can spare some prayers for Kurt during this COVID mess, I'd appreciate it.)
    Will do!
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

all schools in the province shut down indefinitely. glad we won't be missing anymore school and glad this is happening. i imagine its going to be really hard for a number of folks but this is the only way we can contain it :/
    MountainGirl and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Will do!
    Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    I'm glad you were able to quit it is a horrible habit with only negative effects. I smoke about a half a pack a day and have for 15 years. It is hard to quit and I try fairly often to cut back. I did buy one carton just in case but if some sort of quarantine runs longer it is something I will be able to let go in a situation like that without much of a struggle. I'm really interested in @hawgrider 's rolling your own thread. If I get into rolling my own I will probably never quit.
    Well it took some doing to get started, reducing did not help one bit either.

My father, both grandfathers, one great grandfather and one uncle died from lung cancer.

I got serious about it when the wife was pregnant with our daughter, was my motivation that was lacking before.
    SGG, shotlady and Denton like this.

I must admit i'm not really sure what to think about this... Is it finally here or is it all bs?
    stevekozak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    I must admit i'm not really sure what to think about this... Is it finally here or is it all bs?

It is getting crazy here, a week ago we had 1 case, 3 days ago it was 83, yesterday is was 138 cases.

There was a speculation on local news that cases will triple in a week.

Most schools, are either closed or closing, with each act the rush on food and TP happens.

The guv declares a state of emergency and the sheep stampede some more.

The largest school system in the state, U Mass, has online for students only, no campus presence, effecting 40,000 I think.

A friend works there and he is still going to the lab every day, ghost town he said.

No doubt the panic and cases will increase over the next couple of weeks, along with the sheeps insanity.

Found an unopened case of a gallon of lab grade ethyl alcohol @ 95% for my lab experiments,

don't need to use the 190 proof drinking stuff for anymore sanitizer.
    Denton likes this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    taking it very serious.... since I have asthma. Also read in the news today that the state of Texas may recommend cancelling the remaining school session but will leave it up to the local school districts.

and on that fine news.... my wife informed me this morning that one of the daughter has symptoms and will be getting tested today. We weren't exposed to her thankfully but we're being cautious. We are hoping it's just a normal flu/bug and not covid. She's young (mid-30's) and healthy so we feel good about her health and risk level. It's those around her.
    Denton likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

People are taking it seriously. Even Chewy is experiencing shipping delays now.
    Denton likes this.

Chewy told us possibly one week delay for our pet food.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Chewy told us possibly one week delay for our pet food.
    They just told me four to six days. We'll see. I needed to order more digestive enzymes for one of my dogs so I added food in order to get free shipping. I don't have a desperate need for either, just topping off the tank, so to speak.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Sponsored Links