How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America? - Page 12

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America?

This is a discussion on How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by BamaDOC thank you slippy Im actually going to the range next week.. luckily I have a lot of great friends and neighbors ...

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree572Likes

Thread: How Seriously Are Fellow Preppers Taking This Coronavirus in North America?

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    thank you slippy

Im actually going to the range next week..

luckily I have a lot of great friends and neighbors who love the 2nd ammendment!!!
    Always, always remember the Four Rules Of Gun Safety
    1. Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are aligned with the target.
    3. Know your target, and everything behind it.
    4. Never let your muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    Slippy, BamaDOC, Inor and 2 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

thank you slippy

Im actually going to the range next week..

luckily I have a lot of great friends and neighbors who love the 2nd ammendment!!!
    10-4
    Good luck, have fun, be safe and give us a range report @BamaDOC !
    rice paddy daddy and Renec like this.

This is actually turning into an interesting research topic on panic buying and the supply chain.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/w...-timeline.html Link to the Coronavirus timeline.

On 1/23, which is when the Coronavirus had spread beyond China and Wuhan was quarantined, I purchased a package of disposable medical masks off Amazon. They where listed in stock with an estimated 2 week delivery time. On a trip to Walmart I saw they had similar masks in stock so I picked up a couple boxes as I was going to a more heavily populated area that had an international airport the next week for work. Jan 30 the WHO declared the Coronavirus as an emergency. When I got back from the trip, Walmart was completely sold out of masks and have been ever since. I got an email today from the Amazon seller that it would be March before I could expect to receive the masks. I'm not worried as I already have some masks and a much better option in the unlikely chance that they would be needed but I'm not going to cancel the order. I'm going to wait and see how long it takes for the masks to get delivered.
    Denton, BamaDOC and Renec like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    This is actually turning into an interesting research topic on panic buying and the supply chain.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/w...-timeline.html Link to the Coronavirus timeline.

On 1/23, which is when the Coronavirus had spread beyond China and Wuhan was quarantined, I purchased a package of disposable medical masks off Amazon. They where listed in stock with an estimated 2 week delivery time. On a trip to Walmart I saw they had similar masks in stock so I picked up a couple boxes as I was going to a more heavily populated area that had an international airport the next week for work. Jan 30 the WHO declared the Coronavirus as an emergency. When I got back from the trip, Walmart was completely sold out of masks and have been ever since. I got an email today from the Amazon seller that it would be March before I could expect to receive the masks. I'm not worried as I already have some masks and a much better option in the unlikely chance that they would be needed but I'm not going to cancel the order. I'm going to wait and see how long it takes for the masks to get delivered.
    smart move man...
    I bought my masks 3 weeks ago .. end of jan...
    since then home depot and lowes has been completely out of them, every time i've gone ...
    my hospital has commandeered all the n95 masks and placed them under lock and key.. you need to fill out a form stating why you need one... before they will release one.

also interesting..
    after California sued to prevent the Cruise ship passengers from being quarantined there....

They are coming to alabama!!
    yup... 55 miles east of me...

previously.... I did a risk assessment... and action plan...
    I went from risk level 5 to 9 ... literally overnight.....
    luckily they will be in quarantine so risk of community transmission is low..
    but I have no doubt they will be sent to Birmingham hospitals if anyone declines....

The Alabama-based center that will house coronavirus patients provides advanced training to first responders and is equipped with the nation’s only hospital facility used to prepare health care workers for disaster response.

Here’s what you need to know about the Anniston-based CDP:

What is the Center for Domestic Preparedness?

The 176-acre Center for Domestic Preparedness is located in Anniston at the former site of Fort McClellan, once home to the U.S. Army’s Chemical Defense Training Facility. It is about 60 miles east of Birmingham and 90 miles west of Atlanta.

The CDP opened in 1998, originally under the management of the Department of Justice. It is now managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

CDP trains first responders from around the country at its Chemical, Ordnance, Biological and Radiological Training Facility as well as Noble Training Facility. According to FEMA, Noble is the only hospital facility in the U.S. dedicated to solely training health care professionals in disaster preparedness and response. It is equipped with exercise and simulation areas, emergency operations center and emergency department, as well as a clinical and isolation ward used for training.

CDP trains about 50,000 first responders each year.The plan announced Saturday by the Department of Health and Human Services includes housing American passengers evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship at the Anniston facility.

Some 300 Americans were evacuated from the cruise ship as it docked in Japan amid a coronavirus outbreak onboard. More than 3,700 passengers on board the ship were quarantined after testing positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. Two passengers died.

According to FEMA, the passengers who will stay at the CDP tested positive for COVID-19 although, at this time, either they do not have symptoms or have a mild flu-like illness. They are currently being housed at Department of Defense facilities in Texas, California or Colorado as part of 14-day quarantines.

An unknown number of patients are expected to be transported to the Alabama facility next week and will stay in the existing dorms that are typically used to house first responders in the residential training program.
    Slippy and Renec like this.

Ohh man...
    wife is pissed I'm continuing to prep... (costco trip today, and bought a food dehydrator off amazon)
    she thinks I'm being paranoid... and watching too much 'doomsday preppers'

I guess the mind set we all share is it's better to be prepared.... than to react to disaster...
    Part of it is her 'put her head in the sand' mindset... she doesnt like hearing things which upset her...

But I'd rather as for forgiveness than permission....
    in the grand scheme of things... I don't want to have to ask her to risk going to the grocery store and fight panicked people fighting over the last roll of tp, and bottle of hand sanitizer..
    Id rather do it quietly now.....

what I'm seeing is we are about a month behind italy, iran, korea, japan.
    folks there are panic buying.

In china they are doing forced roundups, and martial law..

but it all started with people saying ... its no big deal.. we'll be ok... the govt will take care of it... it's just a cold... they made a big deal of the last sars thing and that was nothing...

Ohh man...
    wife is pissed I'm continuing to prep... (costco trip today, and bought a food dehydrator off amazon)

I guess the mind set we all share is it's better to be prepared.... than to react to disaster...
    Part of it is her 'put her head in the sand' mindset... she doesnt like hearing things which upset her...

in the grand scheme of things... I don't want to have to ask her to risk going to the grocery store and fight panicked people fighting over the last roll of tp, and bottle of hand sanitizer..

but it all started with people saying ... its no big deal.. we'll be ok... the govt will take care of it... it's just a cold... they made a big deal of the last sars thing and that was nothing...
    Just go about your business quietly. Think how appreciative she will be that you had the foresight of being prepared for whatever shit is heading our way. Make no mistake, something wicked this way comes.
    BamaDOC and Renec like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Ohh man...

@BamaDOC

You're in luck! In addition to many other things, Marriage Counseling is my specialty!

Know this, you are doing exactly what a man and husband does, protecting and providing for your wife and family.

Why any woman would get pissed at her husband taking measures to ensure her and her family's safety is beyond me. Keep on doing what you are doing and like we all mentioned earlier, stop using the term "prepper".

Anyway, we appreciate your posts and knowledge and keep on keepin' on!

Your friend,

Slippy!
    BamaDOC and Renec like this.

The wife is not on board with prepping. I get ‘eye rolling’, pushback, and sometimes a ‘snide remark’. However, when she runs out of an item she loves it that she can just go to the basement for a refill. She bitches about my coal stove, generators and solar panels. But she loves it when the power goes out and we have heat and lights. She has even used her hair dryer during an outage. We recently had an incident where we had extremely high levels of chlorine in our tap water. No problem, just hit up the stored water jugs downstairs. Prepping does have it’s upsides.
    Slippy, BamaDOC and Renec like this.

Thank you guys...
    I appreciate the communities feedback, support, and knowledge and experience...

Like prepared one said... I'm trying to go about doing things quietly and under the radar... But it's great to ask ???s here about things I don't have a lot of experience with ...
    been reading the firearms.. food prep... and shopping list advice etc... solar... wind .... forums...
    been a huge resource...
    Renec likes this.

Super Moderator

Son got back from doing a job in South Korea and still has to assist by phone. He just sent me this text:

Just heard osan ab is on lock down and korea is putting pyongtaek into a semi qurarantined state. Virus spiked in Asia and Europe seemingly overnight. I'm selling all my stock on Monday. The world economy is headed for a slow down.
    Slippy and Renec like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links