Perspective

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Perspective

This is a discussion on Perspective within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; This morning I was getting ready to program some cell modems. I was sitting here thinking "man I hate programming cell modems." The I thought, ...

Like Tree31Likes
  • 10 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 4 Post By rstanek
  • 3 Post By Denton
  • 1 Post By paulag1955
  • 3 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By paulag1955
  • 4 Post By rstanek
  • 5 Post By Slippy

Thread: Perspective

Perspective

This morning I was getting ready to program some cell modems. I was sitting here thinking "man I hate programming cell modems."

The I thought, "My Co-Worker is out with some others and the owner putting up a 60 foot communication tower on the top of some barren hill in 27 degree weather with snow flurries!!!!"

THEN I thought, "man I LOVE programming cell modems in the warm office, with hot coffee, and a bathroom."
    Michael_Js, Joe, Slippy and 7 others like this.
    Be a Berean

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Sometimes it takes awhile to come to terms with ourselves in just how fortunate we are......

Perspective is everything.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

That's how I feel when people at work complain.

Lazy Bastard: "Whine, moan, complain, etc."

Me: "Ever walked a sentry dog through the woods at night, for twelve hours, in sub-zero temps?"

Lazy Bastard: "Well, no."

Me: "Then, shut up and do your job or quit. There are plenty of vets who have done much more for much less who would love to have your job."
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Me: "Ever walked a sentry dog through the woods at night, for twelve hours, in sub-zero temps?"
    This is brilliant. I'm going to try a variant the next time the Handsome Husband bitching about his aching joints. "Have you ever squeezed a baby out of a tiny little hole in your body? No? Then shut up!"
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    This is brilliant. I'm going to try a variant the next time the Handsome Husband bitching about his aching joints. "Have you ever squeezed a baby out of a tiny little hole in your body? No? Then shut up!"
    Pulling the ol' "I birthed a child" card huh? I'd be careful with that. We have the "I'm the one that has to lay down my life to protect you and the child" card.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy, Denton and rstanek like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Pulling the ol' "I birthed a child" card huh? I'd be careful with that. We have the "I'm the one that has to lay down my life to protect you and the child" card.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    But he hasn't actually laid down his life whereas I've actually birthed children. Three of them. No drugs.
    Denton likes this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Don’t know whether this matters , I delivered my daughter who is now 42 , and passed two kidney stones, pain, but I salute all that put their lives on the line so I could raise my family and enjoy the finer things in life.....thank you.....
    Slippy, paulag1955, Denton and 1 others like this.

It was 25 or so years ago when this lesson in perspective was taught to me by a 6 year old;

As some of you know, Son had Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia

Buddy of mine comes to town for the weekend and we go and play a round of golf on a nice spring day. Both of us stink up the joint and have a terrible round of golf. We come back to the house and we are sitting on the deck grilling some steaks, drinking some beer and bitching and moaning about our terrible round of golf.

Son, about 6yrs old; baldheaded and swollen from a couple of years of Chemo and Radiation, weekly bouts with low cell counts, vomit is a regularity and emergency room visits are a normal occurrance... is sitting by listening to us complain.

After a few minutes, Son asks, "Dad, is golf a hard game?"

"Yes Son", I replied, "Golf is so hard, its this and its that and blah blah blah, we had such a tough time today and yes, Son, Golf is Way Hard!" Buddy agrees.

Son is silent for a moment, pondering the difficulty of a game where two big strong and fit men walk around a beautiful tree and flower lined well manicured "meadow" using expensive sticks to hit and chase a ball on a gorgeous day then return home to sit and grill steaks while they enjoy an ice cold beer..

A light bulb seems to light over his little bald head..."Dad?", he innocently asks, "Is Golf harder than Chemotherapy?"

BANG!..Perspective hits you in the forehead every once in a while...

Sponsored Links